News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Where can I view the plan for Arizona state route 85 expressway widening?

Started by ACSCmapcollector, October 14, 2016, 06:18:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACSCmapcollector

Where can I view the plan for Arizona state route 85 expressway widening, from ADOT (Arizona Department of Transportation) between Interstate 10 and Interstate 8?

coatimundi

What type of plan?
This was only included in ADOT's 5 year program this past summer. If you're looking for schematics and designs, then I think you're going have to wait until it goes up for bid, at least.

ACSCmapcollector

Quote from: coatimundi on October 14, 2016, 10:06:54 PM
What type of plan?
This was only included in ADOT's 5 year program this past summer. If you're looking for schematics and designs, then I think you're going have to wait until it goes up for bid, at least.

I am going to look that up on ADOT's website for my research.

DJStephens

Much of it, if not most, has been double barreled.  Was on it last week.  There is a street section in Gila Bend, which appears not upgradable to freeway.   

i-215

Quote from: coatimundi on October 14, 2016, 10:06:54 PM
What type of plan?

If it is Design-Build project delivery, you may not see schematics until construction is halfway done.  When they did I-15 CORE reconstruction in Utah, the interchange geometry diagrams kept changing even after the old bridges had been demolished.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.