News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Houston Spur 5 Extension to 610: Any visible work yet?

Started by thisdj78, February 03, 2024, 01:48:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thisdj78

I remember early last year, there were announcements about work beginning on the Spur 5 extension to 610. Has anyone seen any work being done yet?

MaxConcrete

There are numerous recent photos on this thread on HAIF. (Scroll to the bottom for recent photos.)

The answer is yes, there is substantial work in progress.

www.DFWFreeways.com
www.HoustonFreeways.com

thisdj78

Quote from: MaxConcrete on February 03, 2024, 09:22:34 AM
There are numerous recent photos on this thread on HAIF. (Scroll to the bottom for recent photos.)

The answer is yes, there is substantial work in progress.

Nice, thanks! Yes, moving along nicely.

TheBox

As someone who grew in a area that wasn't too far from Mykawa Rd (by car at least) and thus grew up with that, Telephone Rd/Reville Rd, and to an lesser extent MLK Blvd, and Cullen Blvd, safe to say the truck traffic on Mykawa Rd is gonna increase exponentially once it's done, and I remembered it always having truck-heavy traffic in the weekdays since I was a kid.

I now live next to S. Post Oak which has similar truck traffic on the weekdays.
Wake me up when they upgrade US-290 between the state's largest city and growing capital into expressway standards if it interstate standards.

Giddings bypass, Elgin bypass, and Elgin-Manor freeway/tollway when?

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.