News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Business US 71 Approved

Started by US71, October 08, 2019, 12:19:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

US71

AASHTO Minutes 2017

State: Arkansas Route: U.S. 71 Business Action: Recognition of a Business Route on U.S. Route: Between U.S. Highway 71 south of the City of Waldron and U.S. Highway 71 north of the City of Waldron. Description: The Arkansas Department of Transportation has constructed a new location facility with passing lanes that bypasses the City of Waldron, Arkansas. A separate request has been approved to relocate U.S. Highway 71 to this location. It is requested that U.S. Highway 71, through the City of Waldron, Arkansas, be redesignated as U.S Highway 71 Business.

Affirmative

Of course, Business 71 at Waldron has been around since 1971.   :spin:
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

mvak36

Quote from: US71 on October 08, 2019, 12:19:11 PM
AASHTO Minutes 2017

State: Arkansas Route: U.S. 71 Business Action: Recognition of a Business Route on U.S. Route: Between U.S. Highway 71 south of the City of Waldron and U.S. Highway 71 north of the City of Waldron. Description: The Arkansas Department of Transportation has constructed a new location facility with passing lanes that bypasses the City of Waldron, Arkansas. A separate request has been approved to relocate U.S. Highway 71 to this location. It is requested that U.S. Highway 71, through the City of Waldron, Arkansas, be redesignated as U.S Highway 71 Business.

Affirmative

Of course, Business 71 at Waldron has been around since 1971.   :spin:

Do you know where they posted all the notices, approvals, and stuff? I am surprised they posted it so fast after their meeting.

EDIT: Never mind. I didn't see that the minutes you posted were from 2017. My bad.
Counties: Counties visited
Travel Mapping: Summary

Road Hog

I'm confused. Obviously the road was there all along; what was it signed as? Has it been signed Business 71 all along with no minute order, or has it been signed something else (or not at all)?

US71

Quote from: Road Hog on October 08, 2019, 09:15:38 PM
I'm confused. Obviously the road was there all along; what was it signed as? Has it been signed Business 71 all along with no minute order, or has it been signed something else (or not at all)?

It's been Business 71 since around 1971 (it was "mainline" 71 before that) . It appears AHD (now ARDOT) simply signed it and "forgot" to get it approved for over 40 years.
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

yakra

Quote from: US71 on October 08, 2019, 09:19:15 PM
It appears AHD (now ARDOT) simply signed it and "forgot" to get it approved for over 40 years.
I've noticed a lot of similar "housekeeping" AASHTO approvals for AR in the pas few years.
"Officer, I'm always careful to drive the speed limit no matter where I am and that's what I was doin'." Said "No, you weren't," she said, "Yes, I was." He said, "Madam, I just clocked you at 22 MPH," and she said "That's the speed limit," he said "No ma'am, that's the route numbah!"  - Gary Crocker

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.