News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Minor things that bother you

Started by planxtymcgillicuddy, November 27, 2019, 12:15:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoePCool14

Quote from: kphoger on October 31, 2022, 10:39:30 AM
Quote from: JayhawkCO on October 28, 2022, 07:42:53 PM
the fries are way too salty.

That's an impossibility.

That very much is a possibility! Over-salted or over-seasoned foods are awful.

:) Needs more... :sombrero: Not quite... :bigass: Perfect.
JDOT: We make the world a better place to drive.
Travel Mapping | 65+ Clinches | 280+ Traveled | 8800+ Miles Logged

kkt

Quote from: JoePCool14 on November 01, 2022, 09:51:23 AM
Quote from: kphoger on October 31, 2022, 10:39:30 AM
Quote from: JayhawkCO on October 28, 2022, 07:42:53 PM
the fries are way too salty.

That's an impossibility.

That very much is a possibility! Over-salted or over-seasoned foods are awful.

Yes, it's much easier to add more salt if you like it that way than it is to take salt away if you don't want all your food to taste like a salt lick.

kphoger

But that's never a problem with French fries.  The more salt the better.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

formulanone

Quote from: kphoger on November 01, 2022, 11:42:50 AM

The old me definitely agreed; but in that last 20 years...YMMV. I've picked up more sensitivity to the saltiness over the years and I feel it overpowers too many other flavors.

When I had COVID, everything tasted like salt for the first two days (except ice cream). Thankfully, that went away and I never lost any sense of taste or smell.

Quote from: plain on October 31, 2022, 11:00:36 AM
If there's a place that's known for under salting fries, it's definitely Wendy's

I feel that most Wendy's establishments don't use enough salt on their fries, and that's just the right amount. But they're all a little different; maybe lots of patrons at jayhawkCO's location complained there wasn't enough so the manager told the fry clerks to use more of it, since it's not a big expense.

JoePCool14

That Wendy's should've just handed out salt packets then to the people who complained. I'm in support of the proposal of a 28th Amendment for the right to bear salt (or not).

:) Needs more... :sombrero: Not quite... :bigass: Perfect.
JDOT: We make the world a better place to drive.
Travel Mapping | 65+ Clinches | 280+ Traveled | 8800+ Miles Logged

kphoger

Quote from: JoePCool14 on November 01, 2022, 12:16:48 PM
That Wendy's should've just handed out salt packets then to the people who complained. I'm in support of the proposal of a 28th Amendment for the right to bear salt (or not).

Which brings me back to my post that started this discussion in the first place...

Quote from: kphoger on October 28, 2022, 07:27:54 PM
Me, at Wendy's an hour ago – Could I have some salt, please?  I didn't see any out there.

Them – Salt?  Oh... We don't serve salt.
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

JayhawkCO

Quote from: kphoger on November 01, 2022, 12:32:03 PM

Which brings me back to my post that started this discussion in the first place...

Me, at Wendy's an hour ago – Could I have some salt, please?  I didn't see any out there.

This reminds me of when I've waited tables or bartended and people asked me if we had hot water. Nope, plum out. We actually wash our dishes with melted ice cubes. Of course they serve salt. Eeeediots.

ZLoth

Quote from: JayhawkCO on November 01, 2022, 12:36:14 PM
Quote from: kphoger on November 01, 2022, 12:32:03 PM

This reminds me of when I've waited tables or bartended and people asked me if we had hot water. Nope, plum out. We actually wash our dishes with melted ice cubes. Of course they serve salt. Eeeediots.

I think I'll keep quiet about my moments of.... "blondness".
Why does "END ROAD WORK" sound like a protest sign?

abefroman329

My work laptop only has USB-C ports.

All of my wired accessories are USB-A.

The laptop came with an adapter doohickey...that I promptly misplaced.

kkt

I strongly disagree.  I'm on a low-salt diet for blood pressure and one result is that I dislike foods that are so heavily salted that you can't taste the actually food.  You should be able to taste the potato in the french fries!

US 89

Quote from: kkt on November 01, 2022, 09:18:21 PM

I strongly disagree.  I'm on a low-salt diet for blood pressure and one result is that I dislike foods that are so heavily salted that you can't taste the actually food.  You should be able to taste the potato in the french fries!

I was going to say the same thing. My dad has high blood pressure so I am supposed to be watching my sodium intake. I'm not wasting precious salt intake space on making something even more salty.

kphoger

I'm on a low-salt diet for blood pressure and one result is that ...

Quote from: US 89 on November 01, 2022, 11:08:46 PM
My dad has high blood pressure so I am supposed to ...

See, now, what I'm hearing is, If it weren't special dietary restrictions, I'd be dumping salt on my fries too.
Male pronouns, please.

hbelkins

In general, there's no such thing as too salty in my book. I've been known to salt a ham sandwich.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

SSOWorld

Quote from: hbelkins on November 02, 2022, 12:11:19 PM
In general, there's no such thing as too salty in my book. I've been known to assault a ham sandwich.
FTFY!  :bigass:
Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

J N Winkler

Does anyone want to indict a ham sandwich?
"It is necessary to spend a hundred lire now to save a thousand lire later."--Piero Puricelli, explaining the need for a first-class road system to Benito Mussolini

Scott5114

Quote from: J N Winkler on November 02, 2022, 09:13:43 PM

I would, if I were on a grand jury.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

kkt

Quote from: kphoger on November 02, 2022, 10:16:05 AM
I'm on a low-salt diet for blood pressure and one result is that ...

Quote from: US 89 on November 01, 2022, 11:08:46 PM
My dad has high blood pressure so I am supposed to ...

See, now, what I'm hearing is, If it weren't special dietary restrictions, I'd be dumping salt on my fries too.

No, I like them better with low salt.  They should put just a little salt on in the kitchen, and have packets available for those who want them.

SSOWorld

Quote from: J N Winkler on November 02, 2022, 09:13:43 PM
Leave the poor ham sandwich alone, it's innocent, HB assaulted it ;)
Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

hbelkins

Quote from: SSOWorld on November 02, 2022, 08:39:48 PM
Quote from: hbelkins on November 02, 2022, 12:11:19 PM
In general, there's no such thing as too salty in my book. I've been known to assault a ham sandwich.
FTFY!  :bigass:

No, I don't assault ham sandwiches, I assault dead horses (like DST.)  :-D

kphoger

And now I'm imagining HB in mid-air, with fists raised, about to slam the heck out a ham sandwich that's just minding its own business there on a TV tray...
Male pronouns, please.

Max Rockatansky

My boss likes to send out significant accomplishments or milestones on group emails.  The initial emails I'm okay with, what gets me though is when one of the recipients hits reply all only to say something like "good job."   Wouldn't it not be easier just to forward said sentiment to the affected person rather than the entire group?  Probably 10% of emails every week consist of group replies.

kphoger

Male pronouns, please.

hbelkins

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on November 04, 2022, 12:54:28 PM
My boss likes to send out significant accomplishments or milestones on group emails.  The initial emails I'm okay with, what gets me though is when one of the recipients hits reply all only to say something like "good job."   Wouldn't it not be easier just to forward said sentiment to the affected person rather than the entire group?  Probably 10% of emails every week consist of group replies.

Very few people have mastered the art of putting the recipients of a bulk email in the BCC field. I have occasionally hit "reply all" by accident, but usually it's intentional. If I "reply all" then I want everyone on the chain to see it. What bugs me is when "reply all" is the default option, as it appears to be on the Outlook mobile app for iPhones.

kphoger

Quote from: hbelkins on November 04, 2022, 01:57:36 PM
Very few people have mastered the art of putting the recipients of a bulk email in the BCC field. I have occasionally hit "reply all" by accident, but usually it's intentional. If I "reply all" then I want everyone on the chain to see it. What bugs me is when "reply all" is the default option, as it appears to be on the Outlook mobile app for iPhones.

1.  The BCC line can also be annoying because, if you think of someone else who might need the information contained in the e-mail, you can't see that they've already received it.  Then you forward it to them, even though they've already received it.

2.  Even better than people who know the difference between 'Reply' and 'Reply All' are those who remove individual recipients who don't need to read the reply, but leave only those people who do.

3.  'Reply All' as the default is annoying as heck.  It is the bane of text messaging.
Male pronouns, please.

1995hoo

The bcc line can be dangerous, too, because the bcc recipient can still hit reply-all. In the legal field, if you bcc your client, counsel risks having his client waive privilege if the client hits reply-all and sends what would otherwise have been a privileged communication that he should have sent solely to counsel.
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.