News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

US-89A Signs are now up in Utah!

Started by Rover_0, May 22, 2011, 03:08:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

corco

I'd say keep e-mailing. Don't let them give you the runaround.

Rover_0

Quote from: corco on July 07, 2011, 02:31:09 AM
I'd say keep e-mailing. Don't let them give you the runaround.

About what, exactly?  I don't think they're giving me the runaround, and I don't want to sound rude.

As for the new control poles (as I call them), they've replaced the hanging-wire signs.  The last UT-11 sign has also been taken down.  I don't know if I've ever seen a pole setup like this before, in Utah or anywhere.  It's probably not the only one around, but has anyone else seen these?  I wonder if we'll see this type of pole come to places like Panguitch or Blanding (who also have used the hanging-wire control signs).

From US-89 before the US-89A junction:

Looking Southbound

Looking Northbound

From US-89A:

Looking Southbound

Looking Northbound

From US-89, going East out of Kanab:

Looking Southbound (East)

Looking Northbound (West)
Fixing erroneous shields, one at a time...

agentsteel53

I believe Florida uses that sort of placement as well for guide signs.  They certainly do for one-piece signs with banner/shield/arrow combinations on them.

I seem to remember somewhere seeing a similar arrangement, except featuring a green guide sign with an arrow and a destination. 
live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.