AARoads Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Author Topic: Quebec's Highways  (Read 272974 times)

AsphaltPlanet

• Bagel Technician - H&H Bagel

• Last Login: March 18, 2024, 06:27:06 PM
Re: Quebec's Highways
« Reply #425 on: June 30, 2019, 07:33:10 AM »

AsphaltPlanet.ca  Youtube -- Opinions expressed reflect the viewpoints of others.

webfil

• Last Login: March 13, 2024, 08:03:35 PM
« Reply #426 on: July 01, 2019, 02:50:28 PM »

I had thought that the story of the 10/15/20 interchange was as simple as: autoroute along riverbank needs interchange with bridge with high clearance over seaway = funky interchange.   The 20/25 interchange would be similar, except the bridge involved doesn't need to be as high.
Double trumpet is also relatively easily tolled.
[/quote]
The toll booths were located on the other side of the bridge.

Stephane Dumas

• Last Login: March 18, 2024, 08:08:03 PM
« Reply #427 on: July 01, 2019, 08:13:36 PM »

I had thought that the story of the 10/15/20 interchange was as simple as: autoroute along riverbank needs interchange with bridge with high clearance over seaway = funky interchange.   The 20/25 interchange would be similar, except the bridge involved doesn't need to be as high.
Double trumpet is also relatively easily tolled.
The toll booths were located on the other side of the bridge.
[/quote]

I remember, the toll booths was on Ile-des-Soeurs.

I saw this old topo map showing Champlain bridge before A-10/A-15/A-20. http://numerique.banq.qc.ca/patrimoine/details/52327/2245355

Stephane Dumas

« Reply #428 on: July 03, 2019, 01:20:34 PM »

J N Winkler

• Last Login: Today at 02:48:46 AM
« Reply #429 on: July 11, 2019, 05:22:38 PM »

I have a couple of things to report regarding Transports Québec signing documentation.

*  I have more or less lost access to advertised construction contracts through SEAO, owing to software upgrades on their end.  As I explained in this thread about five years ago, SEAO requires an (expensive) pay subscription to download documents without DRM, but uses FileOpen DRM to allow registered non-subscribers to open and view (not print, save, or extract) contract documents in PDF up to five times per document.  This is accomplished through a FileOpen client that bolts onto Acrobat; when the user opens a document, the client sends a hash to the server over the Internet and gets back a key that is used to decrypt the file.  There is a 3,000-line Python script, ineptpdf.py or ineptpdf.pyw, that duplicates the functionality of the client but can be run at the command line and allows the file to be saved without encryption.  I used it in combination with other PDF tools to build a collection of just under 3,000 MTQ signing sheets.  However, when I went back to SEAO earlier this month, I discovered that it had implemented HTTPS with HTST, and neither ineptpdf.pyw nor the FileOpen client I had had since 2014 would decrypt downloaded PDF files.  I was able to get them to open in Acrobat by upgrading to the current version of the FileOpen client, but active development of ineptpdf.pyw seems to have come to an end around 2012.  I suspect the underlying issue is that neither it nor the old FileOpen client could handle HTST, and the fix may be as simple as updating the script to use a newer Python library with HTST support, but I cannot rule out the underlying encryption having been strengthened.  For the time being I can do without access to MTQ contracts since SEAO archives in arrears and the pattern for signing contracts in recent years has been structural work only (no sign panels furnished or installed, therefore no sign panel detail sheets), but tracking down the ineptpdf.pyw developers is on my to-do list.

*  For at least a decade (I first found it in 2007, IIRC), MTQ has made renderings of standard traffic signs available for free download through a satellite of its main website.  The server name used to be something like "mtqsignalisation" but the facility has been branded as the Répertoire des dispositifs de signalisation routière du Québec (RSR) since about 2013.  The website appears to be a front end for a database where each sign has a five-digit index number.  Renderings are available for each index number in up to seven formats--PDF (called devis, consisting of a dimensioned drawing similar to a page in Standard Highway Signs), BMP, DXF, EPS, AI, PNG, and JPEG.  I wrote and have had a successful first run of a script to download all of the available renderings and file them by index number.  Some statistics are as follows:  2276 distinct index numbers;  index number range 12392 to 35259; 3 hours 18 minutes to finish full download over a relatively fast residential cable connection; 14,727 total files downloaded; 2.07 GB aggregate filesize; 1916 PDFs downloaded; 1910 PDFs with unique filenames (some index numbers have no corresponding PDF, while the same devis is used for multiple index numbers, such as the ones corresponding to various values for speed limit on the speed limit sign); 4645 total PDF pages of sign drawings.  The script also has the ability to be run in "incrementing" mode, where renderings are downloaded only if the corresponding index numbers have not previously been encountered.  I plan to monitor the RSR from now on to verify that index numbers are persistent (i.e., a given sign keeps the same index number) and determine the extent to which existing index numbers accumulate new renderings as time passes.  The RSR is updated biannually; new signs are added beginning January 1 and July 1, and are kept in the nouveautés section for up to three months.
"It is necessary to spend a hundred lire now to save a thousand lire later."--Piero Puricelli, explaining the need for a first-class road system to Benito Mussolini

Dr Frankenstein

• Canada Freezes Before Your Roads.

• Last Login: September 01, 2022, 10:24:33 PM
« Reply #430 on: July 14, 2019, 12:27:58 AM »

*  I have more or less lost access to advertised construction contracts through SEAO, owing to software upgrades on their end.  As I explained in this thread about five years ago, SEAO requires an (expensive) pay subscription to download documents without DRM, but uses FileOpen DRM to allow registered non-subscribers to open and view (not print, save, or extract) contract documents in PDF up to five times per document.  This is accomplished through a FileOpen client that bolts onto Acrobat; when the user opens a document, the client sends a hash to the server over the Internet and gets back a key that is used to decrypt the file.  There is a 3,000-line Python script, ineptpdf.py or ineptpdf.pyw, that duplicates the functionality of the client but can be run at the command line and allows the file to be saved without encryption.  I used it in combination with other PDF tools to build a collection of just under 3,000 MTQ signing sheets.  However, when I went back to SEAO earlier this month, I discovered that it had implemented HTTPS with HTST, and neither ineptpdf.pyw nor the FileOpen client I had had since 2014 would decrypt downloaded PDF files.  I was able to get them to open in Acrobat by upgrading to the current version of the FileOpen client, but active development of ineptpdf.pyw seems to have come to an end around 2012.  I suspect the underlying issue is that neither it nor the old FileOpen client could handle HTST, and the fix may be as simple as updating the script to use a newer Python library with HTST support, but I cannot rule out the underlying encryption having been strengthened.  For the time being I can do without access to MTQ contracts since SEAO archives in arrears and the pattern for signing contracts in recent years has been structural work only (no sign panels furnished or installed, therefore no sign panel detail sheets), but tracking down the ineptpdf.pyw developers is on my to-do list.
That's a shame. I was relying on a similar method to crack those those documents, but I haven't used it in a while.

*  For at least a decade (I first found it in 2007, IIRC), MTQ has made renderings of standard traffic signs available for free download through a satellite of its main website.  The server name used to be something like "mtqsignalisation" but the facility has been branded as the Répertoire des dispositifs de signalisation routière du Québec (RSR) since about 2013.  The website appears to be a front end for a database where each sign has a five-digit index number.  Renderings are available for each index number in up to seven formats--PDF (called devis, consisting of a dimensioned drawing similar to a page in Standard Highway Signs), BMP, DXF, EPS, AI, PNG, and JPEG.  I wrote and have had a successful first run of a script to download all of the available renderings and file them by index number.  Some statistics are as follows:  2276 distinct index numbers;  index number range 12392 to 35259; 3 hours 18 minutes to finish full download over a relatively fast residential cable connection; 14,727 total files downloaded; 2.07 GB aggregate filesize; 1916 PDFs downloaded; 1910 PDFs with unique filenames (some index numbers have no corresponding PDF, while the same devis is used for multiple index numbers, such as the ones corresponding to various values for speed limit on the speed limit sign); 4645 total PDF pages of sign drawings.  The script also has the ability to be run in "incrementing" mode, where renderings are downloaded only if the corresponding index numbers have not previously been encountered.  I plan to monitor the RSR from now on to verify that index numbers are persistent (i.e., a given sign keeps the same index number) and determine the extent to which existing index numbers accumulate new renderings as time passes.  The RSR is updated biannually; new signs are added beginning January 1 and July 1, and are kept in the nouveautés section for up to three months.
Now that's very interesting... especially since the download UI on that site is very clunky.

J N Winkler

• Last Login: Today at 02:48:46 AM
« Reply #431 on: July 14, 2019, 01:06:07 PM »

That's a shame. I was relying on a similar method to crack those those documents, but I haven't used it in a while.

Alongside looking for the ineptpdf.pyw developers, I've been toying with the idea of delving into the code to see how hard it would be to retrofit HTST support.  It would be ideal if that automatically fell out of updating a Web library, and it may really be that easy--I just don't know.  I'm not giving up in any case, since I hate to lose existing capability.

Now that's very interesting... especially since the download UI on that site is very clunky.

It is possible to speed things up a little by choosing 100 signs per page and detail view (not "petit vignette" view, the default).  But I didn't want to try adding all 2276 signs to "shopping cart" and then download--that's just asking for server error, in my view--and it's tedious to subdivide.  Also, the order in which the signs are listed in default view is random, and changes with each fresh load of the Accueil page.

I thought it would save effort in the long run to keep track of index numbers, so I ended up writing a subroutine that basically does a complete download by adding a different sign to the shopping cart, downloading, and then emptying the cart (rinse and repeat 2276 times).

It turned out to be less painful than I was expecting.  The postdata your browser sends to the server as a given sign is added to "Mes dispositifs" reflects the renderings that are actually available for it.  However, the server doesn't validate this part of the postdata.  This allowed me to use fake postdata implying all seven kinds of renderings were available for all 2276 signs, which saved processing steps.

I did have the server expire my cookie midway through a full download, but that was easily fixed by using a test for no ZIP downloaded as a trigger to visit the Accueil page again to force a new session.
"It is necessary to spend a hundred lire now to save a thousand lire later."--Piero Puricelli, explaining the need for a first-class road system to Benito Mussolini

Stephane Dumas

« Reply #432 on: July 21, 2019, 01:59:45 PM »

Not directly road-related, I saw this French article about a proposed residential project at Bromont near A-10.
https://www.lavoixdelest.ca/actualites/un-immense-projet-immobilier-pres-de-la10-a-bromont-7a0be570e39fb8dc91d43991fe589a42

They reconfigurated around 2008, the westbound site of Exit 68 with 2 roundabouts. I guess this project might add some additionnal pressure on Exit 78.  I digged some archives and I founded this map or proposed transportation plan of the town of Bromont where it show a proposed interchange to connect Shefford Street/PQ-241 with A-10.
https://web.archive.org/web/20130104142027/http://www.bromont.net/Ville_de_Bromont/Services_municipaux/Documents_urbanisme/Cedule_C.htm#coin
(if the link is broken, try this alternate link http://archive.fo/4EXxh )

I don't know if it's still in the plans but if it's still the case, that proposed interchange could help travellers to and from Sherbrooke along those who travel from Montreal to Waterloo who could help them avoiding the local traffic who go along the commercial area on Bromont Blvd between PQ-241 and A-10

Stephane Dumas

« Reply #433 on: August 05, 2019, 05:50:28 PM »

Google maps did an partial update of their satellite imagery southeast of Rivière-du-Loup showing some tree clearing on TCH-185/future A-85.
https://www.google.com/maps/@47.7632248,-69.4304624,3009m/data=!3m1!1e3

Richard3

• Euhhh... if you don't mind, we try to work, here.

• Last Login: March 18, 2024, 09:32:37 PM
« Reply #434 on: August 05, 2019, 11:51:23 PM »

A press release from the MTQ, translated by yours truly.

Canada and Quebec support development of a more efficient road network between Monteregie and USA

Pike River, QC, June 10th, 2019 - Safer and more efficient road networks are essential to economic productivity and quality of life preservation of all quebecers. So the governments of Canada and Quebec invest in road infrastructures on the entire Quebec territory in order to improve traffic conditions for people and goods.

Canadian minister of Infrastructure and collectivities, the Honourable François-Philippe Champagne, Canadian Transport minister, the Honourable Marc Garneau, Saint-Jean federal MP, Mr. Jean Rioux, Brome-Mississquoi federal MP, Mr. Denis Paradis, Quebec's minister responsible of Government Administration, president of the Board of Treasure, and minister responsible for Monteregie area, Mr. Christian Dubé, in the name of Transport minister of Quebec, and minister responsible for Estrie area, Mr. François Bonnardel, and Saint-Jean provincial MNA, Mr. Louis Lemieux, announced today the financing, by Canada and Quebec's governments, of the phase III of Autoroute 35 extension.  This project goals to ease all road users' moves, as well as improving the safety and quality of life of people along communities crossed by route 133.

Montreal-Boston corridor is actually covered by Interstate-grade highways, except for a 13.4-kilometer (8.3-mile) section of the route 133.  The third phase of the project will provide a 8.9-kilometer (5.5-mile) section between route 133 in Saint-Sebastien and the interchange located north of Saint-Armand.  This section will bear two carriageways of two lanes each.  A fourth, and last, 4.5-kilometer (2.8-mile) phase will complete the project to the US border. Once completed, the project will provide a direct link between Autoroute 35 and Interstate-89, a key corridor between Quebec and New England, shortening the distance to be done and improving durable economic development.

Government of Canada will contribute for a maximum of 82 millions dollars for the phase III of the project. This financial help comes from New Building Canada Funds - Provincial-Territorial Infrastructure Component - National and Regional Projects.  The global cost of phase III, and investment from government of Quebec as well, will be announced at the end of the planning step included in the Directive sur la gestion des projets majeurs d'infrastructure publique du Québec (Quebec's public infrastructure major projects management instruction).

Quotes

"I'm very happy to be investing in the extension of Autoroute 35, that play a key role in commercial exchanges with New England, supporting a reliable and efficient trade.  The new section is a step further beneath the completion of an direct uncut highway link between Montreal and Boston, that will ensure durable mobility for people and goods.  So we create the ideal conditions to a long term growth and to build strong and competitive communities for generations to come."

- Canadian minister of Infrastructure and collectivities, the Honourable François-Philippe Champagne.

"It's a pleasure to be here today to announce that the phase III of Autoroute 35 extension is going on.  The improvement of quality of canadian transport infrastructures, and the efficiency of the Montreal-US commercial corridor will contribute to the competitiveness of our transport network. That will also make the network safer and more efficient for the residents, the travellers and all Canadians."

- Canadian Transport minister, the Honourable Marc Garneau

"I'm pleased to highlite the building of this new highway section that will assure a more direct link between Autoroute 35 and american border.  It's great news for families living along route 133, as their quality of living will improve, as well as for our regional economic development.  We're ambitious for our regions and we're proud to invest in their long-term prosperity."

- Saint-Jean federal MP, Mr. Jean Rioux

"Autoroute 35 is an important arterial way for commercial and touristic exchanges with USA.  Its extension will also be benefic for all Monteregie citizens and will contribute to Quebec's economic development."

- Quebec's minister responsible of Government Administration, president of the Board of Treasure, and minister responsible for Monteregie area, Mr. Christian Dubé

"On the entire Quebec territory, we invest in transport infrastructures in order to improve people and goods mobility. With Autoroute 35 extension, your government contribute specifically in our highway network's improvement of efficiency and security."

- Transport minister of Quebec, and minister responsible for Estrie area, Mr. François Bonnardel

"I'm happy to be a part of this positive announcement for our region. Over improving quality of life of route 133 residents, and surrounding municipalities population, Autoroute 35 extension represents an awesome local and regional development lever and will positively contribute in our communities' growth."

- Saint-Jean provincial MNA, Mr. Louis Lemieux

Quick facts

- Through the Investing in Canada Plan, government of Canada invest over 180 billions of dollars on a 12-year period in mass transit, green and social infrastructures, trade-supporting transport infrastructures, and in canadian rural and nordic communities.

- From this amount, over 10.1 billions of dollars are dedicated to trade and transport projects, including 5 billions of dollars available as of investment through Infrastructure Bank of Canada.

- In 2019 budget, Invest in Middle Class is a plan established by the federal government to create more well-payed jobs, allow more canadians to buy a property, help workers to acquire the training they need to succeed, support elderly people, and throw base of a national drug insurance program.

- As many municipalities across Canada meet important needs in infrastructures, the 2019 budget propose a 2.2-million dollars off-transfer through Federal Fuel Tax Funds in order to answer to municipalities and First Nations collectivities short term priorities.

- The Plan québécois des infrastructures (PQI) (Quebec Infrastructural Plan) predict to invest 115.4 billions of dollars into the 2019-2029 period to maintain and develop public infrastructure, a 15% growth compared to the precedent term.

* Substantial investments are planned for the road network, as over 24.5 billions of dollars.
     * For mass transit, 9 billions of dollars are already reserved for the PQI, and 4.3 billions are added from the global envelope for projects that will be priorized among those on study.  To those amounts, we must add 1.3 billion for the Réseau Express Métropolitain (REM) light rail project, taking the whole mass transit investment to 14.6 billions of dollars, the most important amount ever announced.

- Phase III of the Autoroute 35 extension project, with a lenght of 8.9 km (5.5 miles), is located between the A-35/QC-133 interchange, in Saint-Sebastien, and north of Saint-Armand.

- Phases I and II were open to public in 2014, and are connecting Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu to Saint-Sebastien.  To realize them, Government of Canada invest 44 millions of dollars, and Quebec government offered a financing of close to 200 millions of dollars.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2019, 12:05:18 AM by Richard3 »
- How many people are working in here?
- About 20%.

- What Quebec highways and Montreal Canadiens have in common?
- Rebuilding.

States/provinces/territories I didn't went in: AB, AK, AL, BC, HI, KS, LA, MB, MN, MS, MT, ND, NL, NT, NU, RI, SD, SK, WA, WI, YT.  Well, I still have some job to do!

Richard3

« Reply #435 on: August 06, 2019, 01:06:15 AM »

A press release from the MTQ, translated by yours truly.

Phase II of Autoroute 410 extension in Sherbrooke - Works of the project's last lot to start.

Sherbrooke, July 18th, 2019 - Safer and more efficient road networks are essential to economic productivity and quality of life preservation of all quebecers. So the governments of Canada and Quebec invest in road infrastructures on the entire Quebec territory in order to improve traffic conditions for people and goods.

Canadian minister of Infrastructure and collectivities, the Honourable François-Philippe Champagne, and Transport minister of Quebec, and minister responsible for Estrie area, Mr. François Bonnardel, are announcing the works for the third, and last, construction lot of the phase II of the Autoroute 410 extension to going on.

This work site, phase II's third and last lot, estimated at 32 millions of dollars, includes the building of 4.2 kilometers (2.6 miles) of Intertsate-grade highway between the actaul end of A-410 (at route 108 interchange) and the new route 108 roundabout (close to chemin Glenday).  Made of two separate carriageways of two lanes each, the new highway will also include the construction of some structures, like bridges and culverts.

Let's remember that phase II works are going over three years, from 2018 to 2021, at an estimated cost of 75M$.  Government of Canada contributes to this project with a maximal amount of 37.2 M$ through the New Building Canada Funds - Provincial-Territorial Infrastructure Component - National and Regional Projects, and Quebec government completes financing with a sum of 37.8 M$.

Quotes

"That's a pleasure to highlight the beginning of those important works on Autoroute 410 that consist on the extension's last step of that key infrastructure for Estrie area. This project will not only benefit to regional economy, but also to road users in improving their security and easing their movements.  We're ambitious for our regions and we invest to let them have modern infrastructures that assure their long-term prosperity."

- Canadian minister of Infrastructure and collectivities, the Honourable François-Philippe Champagne

"Allowing quebecers to count on road infrastructures that serve their community and its development is the heart of the mission of the MTQ, and the ministry fully fulfill it with the Autoroute 410 extension.  The start of the third lot works marks the achievement of a process started 10 years ago; give Sherbrooke a suburban link not only connecting its two universities, but also simplifiing access to its commercial pole, all of this while improving traffic."

- Transport minister of Quebec, and minister responsible for Estrie area, Mr. François Bonnardel

Quick facts

- Lot 3 works being realized out of the road network, traffic effects will be limited.

- Autoroute 410 extension is the most important work site of the MTQ in Estrie area since 25 years. This extension is made in two phases:
     * Phase I, open to public progressively between 2010 to 2015;
     * Phase II, actually in progress, which works started in 2018.

- Phase II extends on a 4.2-km (2.6-mile) distance, and is realized in three construction lots:
     * Relocation of route 108 in Lennoxville, between chemin Glenday and chemin Spring (lot 1);
     * Construction of two bridges over Massawippi River, one per direction (lot 2);
     * Construction of the last section of highway (lot 3).

- Opening to public of the entire phase II is predicted to 2020.

- Through the Investing in Canada Plan, government of Canada invest over 180 billions of dollars on a 12-year period in mass transit, green and social infrastructures, trade-supporting transport infrastructures, and in canadian rural and nordic communities.  From this amount, over 10.1 billions of dollars are dedicated to trade and transport projects, including 5 billions of dollars available as of investment through Infrastructure Bank of Canada.

- The Plan québécois des infrastructures (PQI) (Quebec Infrastructural Plan) predict to invest 115.4 billions of dollars into the 2019-2029 period to maintain and develop public infrastructure, a 15% growth compared to the precedent term.
     * Substantial investments are planned for the road network, as over 24.5 billions of dollars.
     * For mass transit, 9 billions of dollars are already reserved for the PQI, and 4.3 billions are added from the global envelope for projects that will be priorized among those on study.  To those amounts, we must add 1.3 billion for the Réseau Express Métropolitain (REM) light rail project, taking the whole mass transit investment to 14.6 billions of dollars, the most important amount ever announced.
- About 20%.

- Rebuilding.

States/provinces/territories I didn't went in: AB, AK, AL, BC, HI, KS, LA, MB, MN, MS, MT, ND, NL, NT, NU, RI, SD, SK, WA, WI, YT.  Well, I still have some job to do!

froggie

• Last Login: March 18, 2024, 11:08:21 PM
    • Froggie's Place
« Reply #436 on: August 07, 2019, 09:49:49 PM »

They didn't mention when Phase 3 of the A-35 extension would begin construction?

Richard3

« Reply #437 on: August 08, 2019, 04:46:40 AM »

They didn't mention when Phase 3 of the A-35 extension would begin construction?

By digging on the MTQ website, the most hopeful mention is "to be determined".
- About 20%.

- Rebuilding.

mvak36

• Last Login: March 18, 2024, 05:22:01 PM
« Reply #438 on: August 15, 2019, 10:23:00 AM »

My post back in June found an article that said they could start next year.

https://globalnews.ca/news/5374897/quebec-highway-35-extension-us-border/
Counties: Counties visited
Travel Mapping: Summary

Richard3

« Reply #439 on: August 15, 2019, 09:22:52 PM »

You said right; they COULD start next year!  I will believe it the day I'll see the machinery on site!  There's a project to rebuild Point-du-Jour service area, on A-40 in Lavaltrie; they say that "works will begin next spring"... since two years!  But nothing moved.

Back to A-35, for the last 4.5 km (2.6 miles), there's already two separate carriageways, but interchanges must be built to take place of actual at-grade intersections.
- About 20%.

- Rebuilding.

Alps

• y u m

• Elimitante the truck trarffic,

• Last Login: March 18, 2024, 09:45:18 PM
    • Alps' Roads
« Reply #440 on: August 16, 2019, 01:02:36 AM »

They could also complete the Turcot Interchange next year! :-D

Richard3

« Reply #441 on: August 18, 2019, 02:14:58 PM »

They could also complete the Turcot Interchange next year! :-D

The MTQ also said that the fact of rebuilding the new Turcot interchange besides the old one will avoid closing actual ramps during the construction of the new ones!
 :clap: :spin: :nod: :-D
- About 20%.

- Rebuilding.

Stephane Dumas

« Reply #442 on: August 20, 2019, 01:00:49 PM »

Chris

• International road enthusiast

• Last Login: March 18, 2024, 04:25:39 PM
    • Flickr
« Reply #443 on: August 20, 2019, 03:04:25 PM »

Google Earth (the application, not Google Maps) has 7/17/2019 satellite imagery of the new bypass. It has a couple of passing lanes.

Rouyn-Noranda is bigger than I thought, it has 42,000 people. That region of Québec has a fairly sizable population with other towns like Val-d'Or and Amos.

Fugazi

• Last Login: December 20, 2023, 07:09:58 PM
« Reply #444 on: September 09, 2019, 01:55:18 PM »

I have happened recently upon this provincial road triplex in St-Jacques-de-Leeds (see picture). It's about 5 km long. I don't know of many road triplexes in Quebec, a well-known one would be the A-10 A-15 A-20 triplex that is the Champlain Bridge. Any others you would know about? Which would be the longest? Any quadruplexes out there?

Alps

• y u m

• Elimitante the truck trarffic,

• Last Login: March 18, 2024, 09:45:18 PM
    • Alps' Roads
« Reply #445 on: September 09, 2019, 06:36:53 PM »

I wonder what the technical status of QC 185 is. If it's technically concurrent with A-85 around Témiscouata-sur-le-Lac, then QC 232 would make that a triplex. There used to be A-30/QC 132/QC 201 on the southeast side of Salaberry-de-Valleyfield, and the question there would be whether A-530 extends west past the QC 201 trumpet interchange, which I think it does.

oscar

• Last Login: Today at 01:35:29 AM
    • my Hot Springs and Highways pages
« Reply #446 on: September 09, 2019, 06:43:36 PM »

TCH (Kirkland Lake) and QC 117 are concurrent, and together they multiplex with QC 101 in the Rouyn-Noranda area.
my Hot Springs and Highways pages, with links to my roads sites:
http://www.alaskaroads.com/home.html

Fugazi

• Last Login: December 20, 2023, 07:09:58 PM
« Reply #447 on: September 09, 2019, 07:16:03 PM »

I wonder what the technical status of QC 185 is. If it's technically concurrent with A-85 around Témiscouata-sur-le-Lac, then QC 232 would make that a triplex. There used to be A-30/QC 132/QC 201 on the southeast side of Salaberry-de-Valleyfield, and the question there would be whether A-530 extends west past the QC 201 trumpet interchange, which I think it does.
Good ones! Not sure about the first, according to GSV on signs it's either A-85 or R-185 depending on the section, but technically it may be both. A-530/R-132/R-201 is definitely one though, as seen on this GSV capture.

TCH (Kirkland Lake) and QC 117 are concurrent, and together they multiplex with QC 101 in the Rouyn-Noranda area.
Huh I didn't think of TCH. Too bad it doesn't appear to be signed along R-101/117. On the other hand A-20/R-116/TCH definitely is.

Shorter stretches I just found out about are R-112/R-241/R-243 in Waterloo, of which I actually had a picture in my archives, and R-173/R-218/R-275 in St-Henri-de-Lévis.

« Last Edit: September 09, 2019, 07:22:23 PM by Fugazi »

webfil

• Last Login: March 13, 2024, 08:03:35 PM
« Reply #448 on: September 10, 2019, 10:06:40 AM »

I wonder what the technical status of QC 185 is. If it's technically concurrent with A-85 around Témiscouata-sur-le-Lac, then QC 232 would make that a triplex.
Good ones! Not sure about the first, according to GSV on signs it's either A-85 or R-185 depending on the section, but technically it may be both.
185 shields were extensively replaced or covered with A-85 shields on the freeway sections. I was in NDL a couple of weeks ago. There is no 232 sign on the triplex, whether it's northbound or southbound.

Others I can think of :
–116/143/243 in Richmond;
–35/104/133 in Saint-Jean;
–337/341/348 in Rawdon;
–5/105/366 in Wakefield.

There used to be a 40/55/155 triplex but 155 was decommissioned south of Grand-Mère some time ago, not long after A-55 was completed.

Richard3

« Reply #449 on: September 10, 2019, 01:40:33 PM »

I wonder what the technical status of QC 185 is. If it's technically concurrent with A-85 around Témiscouata-sur-le-Lac, then QC 232 would make that a triplex.
Good ones! Not sure about the first, according to GSV on signs it's either A-85 or R-185 depending on the section, but technically it may be both.
185 shields were extensively replaced or covered with A-85 shields on the freeway sections. I was in NDL a couple of weeks ago. There is no 232 sign on the triplex, whether it's northbound or southbound.

Others I can think of :
–116/143/243 in Richmond;
–35/104/133 in Saint-Jean;
–337/341/348 in Rawdon;
–5/105/366 in Wakefield.

There used to be a 40/55/155 triplex but 155 was decommissioned south of Grand-Mère some time ago, not long after A-55 was completed.

A couple more +/- 1-mile triplexes in province of Quebec:

- 158/335/337 in St-Lin-Laurentides;
- A-20/A-55/143 in Drummondville.
- About 20%.

- Rebuilding.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.