What does your handwriting look like?

Started by tolbs17, February 21, 2021, 10:29:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kphoger

Quote from: kphoger on February 22, 2021, 03:04:13 PM
I print in all-caps.  I can do lowercase letters is I have to, but I rarely have to.  Haven't written in cursive for years.

Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

tolbs17

This was taken in a classroom at Farmville Central High School on May 1 2017.... I wrote that cause I wanted to start a countdown.

This is my handwriting from December 24, 2012. I was 10 years old.. It says "Tolbert was baking cookies with Angela and Katelyn. Some of them got messed but it was OK, we fixed it. Santa is coming to town!!!!!!! i will get my presents!

My mom was mad at me cause of my poor handwriting back in the old days. Even in 2015-2016 it was terrible and she said I need to work on my handwriting! Well I need help. Guys normally have bad handwriting.

webny99

Quote from: webny99 on February 21, 2021, 10:57:35 PM
I actually have decently good handwriting, and always seemed to get compliments on it at the most awkward and embarrassing times during school. It's only good when I want it to be, though. I can scrawl as messily as the next guy if I'm the right (or wrong?) mood.

In case you didn't notice, I do bubbles instead of dots for colons, periods, i's, and j's. It's so habitual at this point that I didn't even think about it until I was finished writing, and then suddenly thought... hey, that's kind of a weird thing to do.

tolbs17

Quote from: webny99 on February 23, 2021, 09:57:29 PM
Quote from: webny99 on February 21, 2021, 10:57:35 PM
I actually have decently good handwriting, and always seemed to get compliments on it at the most awkward and embarrassing times during school. It's only good when I want it to be, though. I can scrawl as messily as the next guy if I'm the right (or wrong?) mood.

Looks like girls handwriting with those dots that are circled. I don't (and never been taught how to) write like that.

hotdogPi

Tʜɪꜱ ıꜱ ɴoᴛ ʜaɴᴅwʀıᴛıɴɢ, ʙᴜᴛ ı ʜave ʙeeɴ woɴᴅeʀıɴɢ ꜰoʀ a wʜıʟe ıꜰ ᴛʜıꜱ ʟooᴋꜱ ʟıᴋe Cyʀıʟʟıc ᴛexᴛ ᴅeꜱpıᴛe ɴoᴛ acᴛuaʟʟy uꜱıɴɢ aɴy ʟeᴛᴛeʀꜱ excʟuꜱıveʟy ıɴ ᴛʜe Cyʀıʟʟıc aʟpʜaʙeᴛ.

(a, e, p, and y must be lowercase. c, o, u, v, w, x, and z are the same either way, so I type them normally. ı is dotless because the small caps ɪ has a serif. All other letters are in small caps.)
Clinched, minus I-93 (I'm missing a few miles and my file is incorrect)

Traveled, plus US 13, 44, and 50, and several state routes

I will be in Burlington VT for the eclipse.

kphoger

Quote from: tolbs17 on February 23, 2021, 10:03:36 PM
Looks like girls handwriting with those dots that are circled.

Exactly what I was thinking.  It took me back to junior high.
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

GaryV

Quote from: kphoger on February 24, 2021, 10:53:51 AM
Quote from: tolbs17 on February 23, 2021, 10:03:36 PM
Looks like girls handwriting with those dots that are circled.

Exactly what I was thinking.  It took me back to junior high.

At least there's no heart shape dotting the i's.

JoePCool14

:) Needs more... :sombrero: Not quite... :bigass: Perfect.
JDOT: We make the world a better place to drive.
Travel Mapping | 60+ Clinches | 260+ Traveled | 8000+ Miles Logged

kphoger

Even though I write in all caps, I still connect some letters together, and writing actually isn't all that slow.  In the example below...

The bottom bar of the letter F in 'FOX' becomes the beginning of the letter O.
The top bar of the letter E in 'OVER' drags down to become the letter R.
The T and H are connected in the second 'THE'.
The letter A in 'LAZY' picks up where the L leaves off.
The R and O in 'BROWN' are connected.

If I write quickly in script, it's all but illegible.
Male pronouns, please.

1995hoo

"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

webny99

Quote from: 1995hoo on February 24, 2021, 01:32:47 PM
You guys have big, neat handwriting.

[image of tiny handwriting]

One of my peers in high school had handwriting that was even tinier than yours. You almost needed a magnifying glass to read it.

Mine has never been that tiny, but I used to write in very tall, narrow letters until I realized how time-consuming that was.

Scott5114

I had a coworker who had extremely tiny (though neat) handwriting. Whenever I had to sign off on a form she had prepared I would make my signature just as tiny as hers, which she seemed to think was pretty funny.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

formulanone

I wrote this a few months back in my book of work notes, with a ruler for you to determine if it's small writing or not.

I-39

Depends on where I'm writing. It's ok, but not great.

tolbs17

I also forgot, we already had a thread about handwriting.

Life in Paradise

I see a lot of printing, but I still use cursive quite a bit (find it faster).  My sons all do the printing style much like Formulanone.

Scott5114

I still use cursive, but only for two things. One, for personal notes I write to myself that nobody else will ever see (since then I don't have to worry about the text being misinterpreted by someone else). Two, when I have my D&D character write anything out (always writing in cursive with a blue pencil is a character trait of his).
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

tolbs17

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.