News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Using forum stats to tell members sleep patterns

Started by Roadgeekteen, April 21, 2021, 01:32:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roadgeekteen

Using the user statistics page, you can see who is a morning person and who is more of a night person based on when they post.

Morning person: https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;area=statistics;u=6641

Night person: https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;area=statistics;u=33
God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

US 89

Max Rockatansky

I think that I even did a thread regarding morning and night people.  BTW it's 5 AM and seven miles (13.1 Monday and 10.3 yesterday) isn't going to run itself before work.

tolbs17

How about the ones that live outside of the US?

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: tolbs17 on April 21, 2021, 08:12:07 AM
How about the ones that live outside of the US?

Certainly doesn't paint a completely accurate picture even with me given I'm three hours before forum time on the West Coast. 

jeffandnicole

Max Rockatansky

JoePCool14

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on April 21, 2021, 08:21:30 AM
Quote from: jeffandnicole on April 21, 2021, 08:18:58 AM
Quote from: US 89 on April 21, 2021, 01:48:56 AM
stalker

Agreed.  What the hell?

It's another stat nerd thing with one of the usual suspects involved with it again.

I mean, it is public information at this point...

:) Needs more... :sombrero: Not quite... :bigass: Perfect.
JDOT: We make the world a better place to drive.
Travel Mapping | 60+ Clinches | 260+ Traveled | 8000+ Miles Logged

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: JoePCool14 on April 21, 2021, 08:27:42 AM
stalker

Agreed.  What the hell?

It's another stat nerd thing with one of the usual suspects involved with it again.

Yes, but it is also RGT involved with another thread like this.  How it is a "suggestion or question"  is unknown.

hotdogPi

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on April 21, 2021, 08:29:32 AM
Yes, but it is also RGT involved with another thread like this.  How it is a "suggestion or question"  is unknown.

It's useful. If I want a reply from a specific person (usually an admin or mod, but I once wanted froggie's opinion on how realistic a proposal was), it's helpful to know if they're likely to be online soon or not.
Clinched, minus I-93 (I'm missing a few miles and my file is incorrect)

Traveled, plus US 13, 44, and 50, and several state routes

I will be in Burlington VT for the eclipse.

US 89

Quote from: 1 on April 21, 2021, 08:33:31 AM

It's useful. If I want a reply from a specific person (usually an admin or mod, but I once wanted froggie's opinion on how realistic a proposal was), it's helpful to know if they're likely to be online soon or not.

That doesn't mean it deserved a whole thread...

tolbs17

Quote from: JoePCool14 on April 21, 2021, 08:27:42 AM
stalker

Agreed.  What the hell?

Judging the time zone I guess.

webny99

I started a *somewhat* similar thread about 3-1/2 years ago. But it was just for general discussion, not an attempt to identify who was a "morning person" and who was a "night person":  https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=21893.0

I've really come to hate the whole "stats" narrative. I get that I was part of it at one point, but now it's become like a gloomy storm cloud waiting to burst every time someone mentions stats. I would like to just push the reset button on the whole thing and put the history behind us for good.

Max Rockatansky

Speaking of that I noticed awhile ago that I never show online.  I have no idea how I managed that or how to fix it.

1995hoo

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on April 21, 2021, 09:29:35 AM

Speaking of that I noticed awhile ago that I never show online.  I have no idea how I managed that or how to fix it.

Profile > Account Settings > Show Others My Online Status.
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

webny99

Quote from: Roadgeekteen on April 21, 2021, 01:32:54 AM
Using the user statistics page, you can see who is a morning person and who is more of a night person based on when they post.

Morning person: https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;area=statistics;u=6641

Night person: https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;area=statistics;u=33

It is worth pointing out that both users you cited could be attributed to other reasons rather than just "sleep patterns": Kphoger has mentioned logging in at lunchtime, and Scott5114 used to work a night shift.

Really if you are interested in anything sleep-related, the "Strange Habits You Have" thread has a lot more relevant discussion than we're going to get here. It just comes across as a little bit too personal when tied to one's forum activity.

SkyPesos

If you look at mine, you can see I get around 6 hours of sleep a night.

rickmastfan67

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.