News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

AASHTO Spring 2022 Meeting

Started by bob7374, April 18, 2022, 09:34:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SEWIGuy

Quote from: CNGL-Leudimin on December 10, 2022, 06:46:18 PM
Great! I-515 is finally replaced with I-11! Now, if WisDOT ever get to remove I-894...

North Carolina gets yet another Interstate with I-685. They are really crazy with them. I think they are getting a bit overkill.

USBR 225 may be the very first Bicycle Route to be ever deleted, thus joining US 102 and whatever Interstate got removed first (not I-31 because that didn't got signed anywhere before it was absorbed onto I-29).

Wisconsin should keep I-894.

sprjus4

North Carolina gets yet another Interstate with I-685. They are really crazy with them. I think they are getting a bit overkill.
I-685 is not a brand new proposal.

Relatively new, but not just now new.

https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=30580.0

WashuOtaku

The state is experiencing an population boom and has been playing catch-up with infrastructure for years. It makes sense that a state that ranks 9th in population have more interstates to help residents traverse the area.

LM117

Quote from: CNGL-Leudimin on December 10, 2022, 06:46:18 PMNorth Carolina gets yet another Interstate with I-685. They are really crazy with them. I think they are getting a bit overkill.

You can thank Toyota for that one.
“I don’t know whether to wind my ass or scratch my watch!” - Jim Cornette

rschen7754

It's too bad that we don't have the details - I would be interested to know what is happening with I-69 and I-69E.

CNGL-Leudimin

I-69 in Indiana may to do with its upcoming completion, but I'm not sure. I-69E I'm pretty sure it's the newly opened section around Raymondville.
Supporter of the construction of several running gags, including I-366 with a speed limit of 85 mph (137 km/h) and the Hypotenuse.

Please note that I may mention "invalid" FM channels, i.e. ending in an even number or down to 87.5. These are valid in Europe.

sprjus4

Quote from: CNGL-Leudimin on December 11, 2022, 02:15:24 PM
I-69E I'm pretty sure it's the newly opened section around Raymondville.
Either that, or the under construction / partially opened segment near Driscoll.

Theoretically, the whole segment from Kingsville to Robstown should be up to interstate standards and singable as I-69E upon completion of the Driscoll bypass & upgrade project.

GaryV

Quote from: sprjus4 on December 11, 2022, 05:07:00 PM
singable as I-69E upon completion

Would this be a parody of the little shrub song?

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: GaryV on December 12, 2022, 09:31:23 AM
Quote from: sprjus4 on December 11, 2022, 05:07:00 PM
singable as I-69E upon completion

Would this be a parody of the little shrub song?

The songwriter has a pending lawsuit from Calrog for copyright infringement.

triplemultiplex

So AASHTO approves the "no-duh" I-11 thru Vegas proper, that's good.  Get them signs up.
But I do not see an item about the removal of I-515.  Does that mean we're going to have another pointless duplex or will Nevada be smart and take down the 515 signs as the 11 signs go up?
If they do it that way, then doesn't I-515 still exist on paper?
"That's just like... your opinion, man."

WashuOtaku

Quote from: triplemultiplex on December 14, 2022, 09:34:30 AM
So AASHTO approves the "no-duh" I-11 thru Vegas proper, that's good.  Get them signs up.
But I do not see an item about the removal of I-515.  Does that mean we're going to have another pointless duplex or will Nevada be smart and take down the 515 signs as the 11 signs go up?
If they do it that way, then doesn't I-515 still exist on paper?

They could be going the same route as North Carolina. First get it approved, then submit later if anything needs to be relocated or deleted.

Or, it was actually noted in the documentation as also a renumbering, we don't actually have the paperwork for it after-all, just the results.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.