News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Recent posts

Weather / Re: What's your weather curren...
Last post by LilianaUwU - Today at 07:24:08 AM
🔥 H O T 🔥
Weather / Re: What's your weather curren...
Last post by Scott5114 - Today at 07:04:05 AM
Quote from: CoreySamson on June 19, 2024, 01:35:06 PMMeanwhile the panhandle of Oklahoma just experienced a 1 in 1000 year rain event while no one was paying attention. It could always be worse.
https://ticker.mesonet.org/select.php?mo=06&da=19&yr=2024

When does anyone pay attention to the Panhandle, though?

Maybe they'll actually get to use Optima Lake for its intended purpose for once.
Weather / Re: Tropical cyclone tracking ...
Last post by Scott5114 - Today at 06:39:53 AM
Mexico has been experiencing a drought, which was bad enough there I've seen talk of Mexico City running out of water. Hopefully this will provide some relief.
Off-Topic / Re: Minor things that bother y...
Last post by SEWIGuy - Today at 04:59:41 AM
Quote from: LilianaUwU on Today at 02:45:53 AMReminder that companies can just... lower their prices, but they don't because they're too greedy.

Their goal is to maximize profit. No one claims otherwise.
Northwest / Re: Graffiti on Portland’s hig...
Last post by Amaury - Today at 04:13:26 AM
There's going to be a full closure of Interstate 84 between Interstate 5 and Interstate 205 July 13–14 for a large graffiti removal cleanup project.

From ODOT: https://www.facebook.com/OregonDOT/posts/pfbid0kqMMUsz3qtp8MaPeBuroiVdNHFtyZNR7uU6fsCFs34itAx7gncrLbrjdC3rmPZDpl
Mid-South / Re: US-75 Expansion/Constructi...
Last post by Road Hog - Today at 04:02:49 AM
Just getting I-45 to Checotah is a win to me. We'll see how the rest plays out. US 69 is mostly upgradeable except for the portions that runs through towns. The politics will have to change, but I'm confident they will.
Northwest / Re: I-5 Columbia River Crossin...
Last post by jakeroot - Today at 03:40:25 AM
Small rant on the renderings:

They taught us the importance of eye-level renderings in my urban planning/3D rendering courses. And they're great, but I think they underestimate the ability of average people's ability to process birds-eye views. I know most people will never see it from those angles, but it's really important for at least some people so that we can better understand how (in this case, the IBR) infrastructure interacts with and connects with surrounding infrastructure.

I do appreciate that there are some overhead views available (circa May 2023):

https://www.interstatebridge.org/media/fnjho04j/mlpa-roll-plot-5-25-23.pdf
Off-Topic / Re: Minor things that bother y...
Last post by Scott5114 - Today at 02:54:12 AM
Quote from: ZLoth on June 19, 2024, 09:18:35 AMGoing "cashless" also reduces theft risk.

Which it does by making theft a certainty, rather than a risk, to the tune of 3% of each transaction being stolen by the card processor.
Central States / Re: Proposed US 412 Upgrade
Last post by Scott5114 - Today at 02:50:09 AM
Tisdale Parkway isn't a state-maintained highway, so it can't get a state highway number.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.