Regional Boards > Mid-South

Interstate 369

<< < (2/93) > >>

NE2:

--- Quote from: Revive 755 on October 20, 2013, 02:11:23 PM ---Was there some routing change for I-369, or did I just have it pictured wrong?  I had thought it was to be more of a diagonal between Texarkana and I-69, but the map a couple posts up just has it going north-south and even cutting back to the east a bit where it will intersect I-69 - a lot less useful IMHO.

--- End quote ---
That's how US 59 currently goes, and is not really out of the way, being only 8 miles longer than the cutoff on SH 315-US 259 (which would be 45 miles of new freeway). Going via Shreveport, on the other hand, adds 20-30 miles, the same increase as the potential I-69 via Terre Haute that everyone bitched about.

bugo:

US71:
IMO, 369 isn't needed (at least for now).

It's poorly signed (no overheads, even on I-30) and doesn't really add anything to the route.

Grzrd:

--- Quote from: Grzrd on October 19, 2013, 10:41:06 AM ---Maybe the Carthage Loop will be the first I-369 segment outside of Texarkana.*
edit * However, the Segment One Committee officially listed the Marshall relief route and the Texarkana West Loop as higher priorities ... (page 25/30 of pdf; page 19 of document)
--- End quote ---

TxDOT has posted The I-69 System (I-369) Harrison County/Marshall Route Study page that will essentially study whether to upgrade the existing US 59 through Marshall or to build a relief route, with the study anticipated to be completed in "late fall 2014":

--- Quote ---The I-69 System (I-369) Harrison County/Marshall Route Study will, with substantial citizen and community participation, determine options for development of I-369 in the Marshall area, with the eventual goal of constructing, designating and signing US 59 as I-369.

The study includes two broad options for consideration:

Upgrade of existing US 59 through Marshall to an interstate highway (I-369), or
Construction of I-369/US 59 on a new location and conversion of existing US 59 through Marshall to Business 59.

Ultimately, this route study and the working group’s efforts will result in the identification of an interstate route option that will then be studied in detail as part of the environmental process. The route study is anticipated to be completed in late fall 2014.
--- End quote ---

Henry:

--- Quote from: US71 on November 18, 2013, 10:13:52 AM ---IMO, 369 isn't needed (at least for now).

It's poorly signed (no overheads, even on I-30) and doesn't really add anything to the route.

--- End quote ---
We'll suspect that this will be the case until the Houston-Shreveport link is completed in the far-off future.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version