News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Beedle-eedle-eed!

Started by bandit957, August 09, 2019, 09:41:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bandit957

Back when I was about 12 or 13, one of my favorite sayings used to be "Beedle-eedle-eed!"

It started because one day, I said or did something that made my brother really mad. So he marched towards me really fast and acted like he was going to punch me. He raised his fist, and I flinched and slouched back in my chair.

Just by reflex, I blurted out, "Beedle-eedle-eed!" I didn't think. I just blurted it out automatically because I couldn't get away.

After that happened, I thought it sounded really cool, so I announced I would be saying "Beedle-eedle-eed!" confronting almost any situation. I did so for quite a while, perhaps all of 1986.
Might as well face it, pooing is cool

kphoger

Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

GCrites

Probably what led to someone saying "beedledick" at a roadgeek meet one time

Hot Rod Hootenanny

Quote from: GCrites80s on August 13, 2019, 09:50:31 PM
Probably what led to someone saying "beedledick" at a roadgeek meet one time

Clarification: The 2004 UrbanOhio Columbus meet was not a 'roadgeek' meet. It was a walking tour, no cars were used (beyond most of us arriving by them).
Please, don't sue Alex & Andy over what I wrote above

GCrites

Oh, I only did Columbus 2014 and 2019. I didn't get on UO until 2006.

bandit957

Here's a funny story from back when I was about 12.

I remember a lot of times how my brother would be working on a school report on the Atari 800, and I would be sitting in the easy chair a few feet behind him. We always had the radio on. One day, I did something that made him really mad. I think I threw a piece of paper at the computer or made a fart joke about something that was on the radio. He got really mad and marched toward me really fast like he was going to punch me.

He took a swing, and - just out of reflex - I blurted out, "Beedle-eedle-eed!"

It was sort of like "Serenity now!"

It wasn't anything I had planned to say. It was something that just came out.

Then I declared that "Beedle-eedle-eed!" had such a nice ring to it that I was going to start saying it confronting a variety of situations. I said it all the time over the next year or two. I kept saying it at my mom's company picnic.

It was so cool!
Might as well face it, pooing is cool

1995hoo

"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

abefroman329

Someone should try turning the bandit957 off and on again.

zachary_amaryllis

You're ... you're an odd duck.

But at the end of the day, well, you're still an odd duck, but I feel like you belong here in Colorado, or a similar state.
clinched:
I-64, I-80, I-76 (west), *64s in hampton roads, 225,270,180 (co, wy)

US 89

The return of Banditworld!

amroad17

This goes along with his "bips", "peeps", and "bubbles/bubble gum" takes.  Wouldn't want him any other way!  It is great to have him as a fellow Northern Kentuckian!  :thumbsup: :clap:
I don't need a GPS.  I AM the GPS! (for family and friends)

Scott5114

Aristocrat slot machines make this noise whenever an error occurs.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

zachary_amaryllis

Quote from: Scott5114 on February 14, 2023, 03:29:16 AM
I don't know the brand names - the ones in Blackhawk make this electronic 'toot ... toot .. toot ..' sounds like a cartoon steam train or something.
clinched:
I-64, I-80, I-76 (west), *64s in hampton roads, 225,270,180 (co, wy)

SSOWorld

Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

Scott5114

Quote from: zachary_amaryllis on February 14, 2023, 05:31:04 AM
Quote from: Scott5114 on February 14, 2023, 03:29:16 AM
I don't know the brand names - the ones in Blackhawk make this electronic 'toot ... toot .. toot ..' sounds like a cartoon steam train or something.

Williams/WMS/Scientific Games/Light & Wonder/whatever other lame corporate branding they're on now.

I was pretty good at getting those to stop doing that by giving them a nice hard smack to the lower right side of the cabinet. (There's a dodgy door sensor in there that will register as "open" if someone so much a breathes on the machine.)
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.