Regional Boards > Central States

Proposed US 412 Upgrade

<< < (212/220) > >>

US 89:

--- Quote from: Bobby5280 on December 10, 2023, 02:45:08 AM ---
--- Quote from: sprjus4 ---Every route variant, either going from I-80 west of SLC to I-25 south of Denver, or from I-84 northwest of SLC to I-70 east of Denver, shows I-80 to I-25 being at least 20 minutes faster than US-6 to I-70 across Colorodo.
--- End quote ---

Is important to note US-6 between I-15 and I-70 currently sucks. So, yeah, there wouldn't be any time savings currently with taking that route to Denver vs I-80. If that portion of US-6 was upgraded to Interstate standards the situation might be different.

--- End quote ---

There will never be time savings barring some type of weather or other incident. If you look at the actual mileage between city centers, the Wyoming route is 6-9 miles shorter than the Grand Junction route, depending on exactly what you do in Fort Collins. And even if you somehow got all of 6 to interstate standards through Price Canyon and Spanish Fork Canyon, the 70/6 route has a lot more mountainous (read: slower) mileage than 80 does.

edwaleni:

--- Quote from: Bobby5280 on December 10, 2023, 02:45:08 AM ---
--- Quote from: sprjus4 ---Every route variant, either going from I-80 west of SLC to I-25 south of Denver, or from I-84 northwest of SLC to I-70 east of Denver, shows I-80 to I-25 being at least 20 minutes faster than US-6 to I-70 across Colorodo.
--- End quote ---

Is important to note US-6 between I-15 and I-70 currently sucks. So, yeah, there wouldn't be any time savings currently with taking that route to Denver vs I-80. If that portion of US-6 was upgraded to Interstate standards the situation might be different.

--- End quote ---

Soldier Summit, nuff said.

Can we get back to US-412?

The Ghostbuster:
I would work on upgrading the Cimarron Turnpike and the Sand Springs Expressway to Interstate Standards before tackling the upgrades east of Interstate 44. When the upgrades to the US 412 corridor are initiated, one of the first things that should be done is to convert Exits 15 and 48 on the Cimarron Turnpike into diamond interchanges. Of course, I have no idea which of the corridor's upgrades would be tackled first, but I personally would focus on upgrading the western segments before the eastern segments.

swake:

--- Quote from: The Ghostbuster on December 11, 2023, 01:17:54 PM ---I would work on upgrading the Cimarron Turnpike and the Sand Springs Expressway to Interstate Standards before tackling the upgrades east of Interstate 44. When the upgrades to the US 412 corridor are initiated, one of the first things that should be done is to convert Exits 15 and 48 on the Cimarron Turnpike into diamond interchanges. Of course, I have no idea which of the corridor's upgrades would be tackled first, but I personally would focus on upgrading the western segments before the eastern segments.

--- End quote ---

The biggest upgrade needed to the west of Tulsa is building an interchange at Diamond Head road on Lake Keystone. ODOT held a meeting with residents last week on options. Currently the plan is for right of way acquisition and utility relocation in 2026 and construction in 2029.

https://tulsaworld.com/news/community/sand-springs/sand-springs-area-residents-weigh-in-on-u-s-412-diamond-head-drive-plan/article_b9aa801a-981e-11ee-a9d4-13c31d031979.html

There are a number of project slated for upgrades east of Tulsa between I-44 and the Cherokee turnpike with construction on some of them as soon as 2025.

Bobby5280:

--- Quote from: The Ghostbuster ---When the upgrades to the US 412 corridor are initiated, one of the first things that should be done is to convert Exits 15 and 48 on the Cimarron Turnpike into diamond interchanges.
--- End quote ---

The Exit 48 interchange is currently being re-built. The old obsolete ramps are being replaced with all new ones featuring much better curve geometry. Some of the early progress is visible in 3/2023 Street View imagery.

I expect OTA to replace the Exit 15 interchange as well. But Exit 48 had a considerably worse ramp design.

--- Quote from: swake ---The biggest upgrade needed to the west of Tulsa is building an interchange at Diamond Head road on Lake Keystone.
--- End quote ---

That's the last remaining at-grade intersection on US-412 between Downtown Tulsa and I-35. It's almost not worth building an interchange, but US-412 provides the only road access to that neighborhood.

Another alternative would be improving the West 9th Street road the runs along the North side of US-412 and build a bridge or underpass to connect Diamond Head Drive to it. They could probably also extend Wekiwa Road from the Keystone Dam nearby to that neighborhood Diamond Head Drive serves. It would probably cost considerably less building that than building a diamond freeway interchange. Another problem is the trumpet interchange for OK-151 and at grade intersection with Diamond Head Drive are pretty close to each other. I really think it would be safer for other nearby streets to provide connections to Diamond Head Drive and then use the OK-151 interchange for access to US-412.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version