Regional Boards > Central States

Proposed US 412 Upgrade

<< < (175/220) > >>

MikieTimT:
Most of the alternatives that come about from the results of this meeting are actually involving the work required east of Tulsa.  Within Tulsa and to the west of it, there really shouldn't be much involved in getting it ready to swap out the shield.  So, the meeting in Pryor and Siloam Springs will likely have more input solicited on ideas for alternatives as those are the areas most impacted by the changes required to bring the facility up to standard.

Plutonic Panda:
Would the current route in West Siloam Springs be signed as a business route? Are those still happening?

mvak36:

--- Quote from: Scott5114 on September 13, 2023, 12:51:59 PM ---It's sort of dumb that Oklahoma is asking for a number that's already used, but we already knew Oklahoma was going to do something sort of dumb because it's Oklahoma. Anyway, the numbers 46 and 48 are both sort of aesthetically displeasing to me, so I don't actually care that NC already thinks it has it.

Actually, it's NC's I-42 that sucks because at least ours is supposed to cross state lines.

--- End quote ---

I guess I'm a month late to this. I'm not really a fan of re-using I-42, but NC's I-42 is AASHTO's fault so I'm just rooting for chaos at this point.

Bobby5280:

--- Quote from: MikieTimT ---Most of the alternatives that come about from the results of this meeting are actually involving the work required east of Tulsa.  Within Tulsa and to the west of it, there really shouldn't be much involved in getting it ready to swap out the shield.
--- End quote ---

The Sand Springs Expressway (US-412) going West out of Tulsa needs some work. Inner shoulders along the main lanes need improvements (not wide enough). Some bridges and ramps need work (obsolete designs). There is an at-grade intersection just past the exit for Keystone Dam.

It looks like the Cimarron Turnpike will be up to current Interstate standards once OTA finishes at least three tasks. They have to remove around 3.5 miles worth of grassy median just West of the Stillwater spur interchange. They have to finish re-building the US-177 exit and toll plaza removal. The OK-99 interchange rebuild and Jennings toll plaza removal is farther along in progress.

All of this adds up to considerably less work than the improvements needed East of Tulsa.

--- Quote from: mvak36 ---I guess I'm a month late to this. I'm not really a fan of re-using I-42, but NC's I-42 is AASHTO's fault so I'm just rooting for chaos at this point.
--- End quote ---

The I-42 route in Oklahoma/Arkansas will look interesting if its shields are paired with US-412.

MikieTimT:

--- Quote from: Bobby5280 on October 12, 2023, 01:32:59 PM ---
--- Quote from: MikieTimT ---Most of the alternatives that come about from the results of this meeting are actually involving the work required east of Tulsa.  Within Tulsa and to the west of it, there really shouldn't be much involved in getting it ready to swap out the shield.
--- End quote ---

The Sand Springs Expressway (US-412) going West out of Tulsa needs some work. Inner shoulders along the main lanes need improvements (not wide enough). Some bridges and ramps need work (obsolete designs). There is an at-grade intersection just past the exit for Keystone Dam.

It looks like the Cimarron Turnpike will be up to current Interstate standards once OTA finishes at least three tasks. They have to remove around 3.5 miles worth of grassy median just West of the Stillwater spur interchange. They have to finish re-building the US-177 exit and toll plaza removal. The OK-99 interchange rebuild and Jennings toll plaza removal is farther along in progress.

All of this adds up to considerably less work than the improvements needed East of Tulsa.

--- Quote from: mvak36 ---I guess I'm a month late to this. I'm not really a fan of re-using I-42, but NC's I-42 is AASHTO's fault so I'm just rooting for chaos at this point.
--- End quote ---

The I-42 route in Oklahoma/Arkansas will look interesting if its shields are paired with US-412.

--- End quote ---

Well,  I did my pitch with my Representative and Senators for I-50, but I don't hold out hope at this point.  Did get one call back from an office intern thanking me for my input, so we'll see in a few short weeks if I need to just go ahead and change my avatar.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version