National Boards > Road Enthusiasts Meetings

Buffalo, NY Road & Travel Enthusiasts Meeting - July 29, 2023

<< < (13/14) > >>

Hot Rod Hootenanny:

--- Quote from: Rothman on July 24, 2023, 07:57:30 AM ---
--- Quote from: Brandon on July 24, 2023, 07:21:14 AM ---
--- Quote from: Rothman on July 23, 2023, 09:16:46 AM ---

--- Quote from: Dougtone on July 23, 2023, 09:13:54 AM ---Let's talk weather for the meet for a moment. Early forecasts in Buffalo for Saturday from the National Weather Service is calling for a chance of showers and thunderstorms. Partly sunny, with a high near 80°F. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=42.89563000000004&lon=-78.88274999999999

--- End quote ---

Makes me wonder if we've ever had a meet in a blizzard.

So...what are we to make of this weather report?

--- End quote ---

We've had road meets in complete deluges.  Port Huron 2012, Memphis 2019, and SE Chicago 2022 come to mind.

--- End quote ---

Right.  I would think weather would need to be quite extreme to affect a meet.

--- End quote ---

Froggie held the last New Orleans roadmeet under the threat of a hurricane (Gustav)

roadwaywiz95:
Just a friendly reminder to keep your EYES TO THE SKY if you plan on being out and about this morning, as there will be rain moving through at times. The pre-meet event is on as scheduled, however you will be able to find me down at Canalside shortly in case anyone wants to head down earlier.

Mr. Matté:
Bring your jacket and/or umbrella if coming to the pre-meet, just starting to rain, but should clear up by lunchtime.

(And right now we're hiding out at the Tim Hortons at Main/Marine)

Alps:
unofficial attendance count: 39
congrats to Mr. Wiz for not just beating my meet record, but blowing it out of the water here! a great time with faces I don't see often enough.

Rothman:
Wiz did a great job with the meet.  Great times, good laughs...and the Jays beat the Yankees.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version