Hello from Long Island, NY

Started by eps4025, June 11, 2022, 11:38:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eps4025

Hello everybody! My name is Ethan, I'm exactly 19 1/2 years old as of posting this, and I'm from Long Island, NY, home of I-495 which I live right near. I've had an obsession with roads, highways, bridges, tunnels, etc. for a long time, probably because I was diagnosed with autism spectrum disorder when I was a baby, or at least back then it was called Aspergers. This is one of my so-called "special interests". I got my license about a year and a half ago (on Dec 30, 2020) and ever since then I've driven on most main Long Island and NYC highways. I plan on doing this with a lot of cities, and my ultimate goal and dream is to drive from NYC to Vegas for EDC, a music festival I plan on going to in a few years. Once again, my name is Ethan and I'm so excited to join this forum which I only discovered recently! Nice to meet you all!

hotdogPi

Welcome from within a mile of a different I-495 (Massachusetts)!
Clinched, minus I-93 (I'm missing a few miles and my file is incorrect)

Traveled, plus US 13, 44, and 50, and several state routes

I will be in Burlington VT for the eclipse.

MATraveler128

Welcome from Massachusetts. I've been to Las Vegas before. It's a cool city.
Decommission 128 south of Peabody!

Lowest untraveled number: 56

kevinb1994

Hello from Florida! I'm originally from the other side of the metro area, in North Jersey.

webny99

Welcome from the other corner of the state! Long Island is the one part of the state where I haven't done much traveling. I'd love to explore it more, though, and Montauk is definitely on the bucket list.

jp the roadgeek

Welcome from across the Sound in CT.  Probably less than 60 miles from you as the crow flies, but more like 160 as the car drives.
Interstates I've clinched: 97, 290 (MA), 291 (CT), 291 (MA), 293, 295 (DE-NJ-PA), 295 (RI-MA), 384, 391, 395 (CT-MA), 395 (MD), 495 (DE), 610 (LA), 684, 691, 695 (MD), 695 (NY), 795 (MD)

SkyPesos

Welcome from Southwest Ohio! I've been to NYC and Long Island many times before (as I know someone there), though I've have been more of a railfan than a roadgeek with NYC area transportation.

eps4025

Quote from: SkyPesos on June 12, 2022, 01:40:04 AM
Welcome from Southwest Ohio! I've been to NYC and Long Island many times before (as I know someone there), though I've have been more of a railfan than a roadgeek with NYC area transportation.

I'm also a railfan but exclusively for the NYC Area, I'm a roadgeek for the entire country.

chrisdiaz

Hello from South Carolina!! Don't let my current location fool you though, I'm originally from Huntington Station, and moved off the island during COVID. I'm sure you'll enjoy it here :sombrero:

M3100

Hello from So Cal.  I traveled to Long Island once, to Bethpage, a few months after Super Storm Sandy.  I took a short ride on the LI RR while there too.

roadman65

Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

kirbykart

Hello from Upstate! Welcome to the forum, Ethan!

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.