News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Pelham Parkway in Bronx in bad shape.

Started by roadman65, June 22, 2012, 08:13:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

roadman65

Just to warn anyone traveling through the Bronx on Pelham Parkway that you should be aware of potholes and a very rough ride between the Hutch and the Bronx River Parkways. 

I have never seen a road more worse than this except for US 98 in Palm Beach County, FL years ago.  Damn, how can anyone allow this to happen?  Even for NYC this is beyond expectations as I know they are broke, but this here ride is awful.   If there is a category for worse roadways, this is it! :banghead:
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

Duke87

I know a piece of the southern "service road" has been rough due to construction for a while, but the mainline is no worse than your average street in New York City. You want horrible pavement? Dry driving around under the el mishmosh at Broadway Junction. Lumps big enough to scrape the bottom of your car up on if you're not careful.

It's true, though... NYCDOT has always seemed to prefer haphazardly patching potholes to actually repaving the street. There's just too many streets being cut open too often for utility work to keep them all in good shape.
If you always take the same road, you will never see anything new.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.