News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

The Big Day

Started by Tom, July 07, 2009, 09:18:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should C-7 + C-9 twinkle lights continue to be manufactured along with LED lights?

Yes
9 (60%)
no
0 (0%)
Not sure, because I don't use them
6 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 5

agentsteel53

fuckety fuck shit mcnuggets from planet anal fisting... and kittens.  motherfucking kittens.
live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

bugo

I fucking hate christmas music.  The only music that is worse than reggae or modern country, or "Mexican Polka."  Fuck that shit.

Alps

Quote from: US71 on October 04, 2010, 10:29:51 PM
Quote from: Scott5114 on October 04, 2010, 10:33:10 AM
I cringe whenever Christmas is brought up before December 1, really. 25 days should be adequate lead time. If you are so dependent on Christmastime sales that you have to push the limits beyond Thanksgiving, your business model is a piece of fucking shit.

We're adults here.  We're allowed to use the occasional swear word.  Freedom of speech.

So why do we have a censored word list, hmmmm?   :coffee:
This is a discussion for the moderator forum, not here.  The censored word list is to keep out very certain racial and gender offensive words.  The word "shit" not only isn't racial or gender oriented, it's sometimes very appropriate (such as "this traffic law is bullshit" or "this job came out looking like shit").

bugo

Quote from: agentsteel53 on October 04, 2010, 10:33:26 PM
fuckety fuck shit mcnuggets from planet anal fisting... and kittens.  motherfucking kittens.

Well fuckety fuck fuck.

Alps

Back to being on topic: I saw ridiculous traffic by the mall today.  I'm not sure if it was actually mall related or (more likely) weather related.  Please tell me christmas items aren't already being advertised.

agentsteel53

Quote from: AlpsROADS on October 04, 2010, 10:34:45 PM
This is a discussion for the moderator forum, not here.  The censored word list is to keep out very certain racial and gender offensive words.  The word "shit" not only isn't racial or gender oriented, it's sometimes very appropriate (such as "this traffic law is bullshit" or "this job came out looking like shit").

what, I can't say l---c or m--g or h--7?  

I'LL H--7 YOU ALL!

LILAC!  MOOG!

jake@aaroads.com

bugo

Quote from: AlpsROADS on October 04, 2010, 10:37:18 PM
Back to being on topic: I saw ridiculous traffic by the mall today.  I'm not sure if it was actually mall related or (more likely) weather related.  Please tell me christmas items aren't already being advertised.

I heard an ad for a church today on the radio that was bashing religion.  Basically "we're not a religion".  

rickmastfan67

Quote from: AlpsROADS on October 04, 2010, 10:37:18 PM
Back to being on topic: I saw ridiculous traffic by the mall today.  I'm not sure if it was actually mall related or (more likely) weather related.  Please tell me christmas items aren't already being advertised.

Only Halloween stuff here.  Nothing about Christmas has shown up yet.

BigMattFromTexas

I'm pretty sure I didn't say anything about putting anything up now did I? No, and I usually put stuff up around Thanksgiving week.. So yeah..

And racial? I can't say nothing about Mexicans? Y'all don't have to live with them like we do here.. My school's prolly 60% "Hispanic"... So yeeeahhhh..
BigMatt

rickmastfan67

Ok guys, can we please stop with the crazy amount of swearing in this thread.  I mean, one word is fine, but what has been being done in this thread now is just going crazy.  Thanks. ;)

BigMattFromTexas

^ HOLIDAY RELATED WORD
How's this?

As long as it's on topic.

Alps

Quote from: BigMatt on October 04, 2010, 10:39:21 PM
I'm pretty sure I didn't say anything about putting anything up now did I? No, and I usually put stuff up around Thanksgiving week.. So yeah..

And racial? I can't say nothing about Mexicans? Y'all don't have to live with them like we do here.. My school's prolly 60% "Hispanic"... So yeeeahhhh..
BigMatt
It would be in poor taste, but you certainly can't use your favorite epithet against them.  "Mexicans" is enough of a swear word. (:

rickmastfan67

Touché BigMatt. LOL.

But it needs to be on topic. ;)

agentsteel53

jake@aaroads.com

bugo

Quote from: AlpsROADS on October 04, 2010, 10:34:45 PM
This is a discussion for the moderator forum, not here.  The censored word list is to keep out very certain racial and gender offensive words.  The word "shit" not only isn't racial or gender oriented, it's sometimes very appropriate (such as "this traffic law is bullshit" or "this job came out looking like shit").

Can I say "honky"?  What about "cracker"?  What about "peckerwood"?

BigMattFromTexas

True... Seeing as half of them get mad when I say "You little Mexican". None of them will mess with a 6' dude (me).. So.. yeah...
BigMatt

bugo

Quote from: rickmastfan67 on October 04, 2010, 10:47:37 PM
Touché BigMatt. LOL.

It's in the off topic forum.  So technically it doesn't have to be on topic.

BigMattFromTexas

OOOH, HE JUST TOLD YOU!
BigMatt. Hmm what's the point of keeping saying this? Everyone knows it's me.. Heh heh

agentsteel53

Quote from: bugo on October 04, 2010, 10:53:51 PM

every topic should maintain its cohesion.

therefore, Matt, for maximal impact, you should start a thread called "shit kittens of the universe" or something similar.

jake@aaroads.com

rickmastfan67

Quote from: bugo on October 04, 2010, 10:53:51 PM
Quote from: rickmastfan67 on October 04, 2010, 10:47:37 PM
Touché BigMatt. LOL.

Still, it's still polite to keep it on topic inside of a specific thread. ;)

BigMattFromTexas

Quote from: agentsteel53 on October 04, 2010, 10:56:36 PM
therefore, Matt, for maximal impact, you should start a thread called "shit kittens of the universe" or something similar.

Well I'll go make that... It could be a thread for not caring about what people say and it could be a bunch of random shit. Yeah that'd be cool.
BigMatt

cu2010

Back on topic...yep, Christmas shopping has started here. And local media has picked up on it.

I don't even think about Christmas until December 23rd...the other 363 days of the year, I don't really care. Last year, our Christmas tree didn't even get put up until the evening of the 24th...and it came down on the 26th.

My mother asked me this morning what I wanted for Christmas...I told her I'd tell her what I wanted in late December. :D
This is cu2010, reminding you, help control the ugly sign population, don't have your shields spayed or neutered.

bugo

Quote from: cu2010 on October 04, 2010, 11:17:53 PM
I don't even think about Christmas until December 23rd...the other 363 days of the year, I don't really care. Last year, our Christmas tree didn't even get put up until the evening of the 24th...and it came down on the 26th.

I wouldn't think of xmas at all if it weren't for getting that horrible xmas music shoved down your throat 24/7.  Every time you go in the store they play that shit.  If I had my way I wouldn't shop from the end of October until the beginning of January.  I'll stick to my Pantera.

Alps

At some point radio stations start mixing in holiday themed music.  I can't stand that - I want rock and roll, not "I Am Santa Claus" every time Black Sabbath chords are played.  If I wanted holiday music, I'd tune in to a holiday station.  Pick one station to play all the holiday music, or pick an hour every day that I can tune into your competitor.  That would be reasonable.  I think we've gotten far too commercialized if late September/early October is buying season for a holiday three months away with two other major holidays between (Halloween/Thanksgiving in terms of retail marketing, Columbus Day/Thanksgiving in terms of Federal holidays).  I don't do gift shopping till the week before the holiday usually, because why should I?

bugo

Quote from: AlpsROADS on October 04, 2010, 11:28:42 PM
At some point radio stations start mixing in holiday themed music.  I can't stand that - I want rock and roll, not "I Am Santa Claus" every time Black Sabbath chords are played.  If I wanted holiday music, I'd tune in to a holiday station.  Pick one station to play all the holiday music, or pick an hour every day that I can tune into your competitor.  That would be reasonable.  I think we've gotten far too commercialized if late September/early October is buying season for a holiday three months away with two other major holidays between (Halloween/Thanksgiving in terms of retail marketing, Columbus Day/Thanksgiving in terms of Federal holidays).  I don't do gift shopping till the week before the holiday usually, because why should I?

I don't even bother with the radio.  It's either shuffle play in iTunes, my iPod, or sports talk radio or occasionally NPR.  Radio sucks.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.