News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Your Favorite Forum Quotes

Started by CoreySamson, July 05, 2021, 09:01:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: MultiMillionMiler on November 21, 2022, 10:02:23 PM

Or am Ignorant to what "chargeable interstates" mean. Let me look that up real quick..

formulanone

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on November 21, 2022, 10:08:27 PM

Or am Ignorant to what "chargeable interstates" mean. Let me look that up real quick..

I've got to concede that the concept of chargeable/non-chargeable interstates is limited to a handful of instances, and a bit of a "hidden menu" item to the public.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: formulanone on November 22, 2022, 07:12:09 AM
Quote from: Max Rockatansky on November 21, 2022, 10:08:27 PM

I've got to concede that the concept of chargeable/non-chargeable interstates is limited to a handful of instances, and a bit of a "hidden menu" item to the public.

But on this forum and in the road community?  I've brought the concept up to MMM at least three times already. 

kphoger

kkt for the win!

Quote from: kkt on November 20, 2022, 05:17:11 PM
Adding more exclamation marks after a silly sentence doesn't make it any less silly.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Max Rockatansky

Extra emphasis means something!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kphoger

Quote from: formulanone on November 22, 2022, 07:12:09 AM

Yeah, that's definitely a "hidden menu" item.  Definitely not worth beating someone up about.

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on November 22, 2022, 10:45:02 AM
But on this forum and in the road community?

Yes, even on this forum and in the road community.

I've brought the concept up to MMM at least three times already. 

This is the real problem.  You've brought it up multiple times.  Every time, I've wondered if he was going to look up information about it–especially considering you mentioned it while refuting some of his assertions.  And yet, apparently, he didn't bother looking it up.
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

SkyPesos

TIL interstates start with an "I" on their signage.
Quote from: MultiMillionMiler on November 22, 2022, 06:46:30 PM
Those aren't really "interstates". They literally start with H instead of "I" for "Hawaii". They don't leave the state obviously. Same for Alaska, they don't leave the state. And as for "taking over a foreign territory" that's total hyperbole, I explained how we could trade Alaska for that tiny strip of land, just enough to make the interstate. Maybe we could even connect the two future I-98s, the one from Watertown NY to Bangor ME, and the one across Northern Michigan, by purchasing (or trading) another strip of land through Canada. Giving them Alaska would more then compensate for the viaducts we would need to build. Then I-94 could become I-96, and I-98, I-80, and I-90 would all fit the grid.

JoePCool14

Quote from: SkyPesos on November 22, 2022, 10:11:18 PM
Those aren't really "interstates". They literally start with H instead of "I" for "Hawaii". They don't leave the state obviously. Same for Alaska, they don't leave the state. And as for "taking over a foreign territory" that's total hyperbole, I explained how we could trade Alaska for that tiny strip of land, just enough to make the interstate. Maybe we could even connect the two future I-98s, the one from Watertown NY to Bangor ME, and the one across Northern Michigan, by purchasing (or trading) another strip of land through Canada. Giving them Alaska would more then compensate for the viaducts we would need to build. Then I-94 could become I-96, and I-98, I-80, and I-90 would all fit the grid.

Unironically, I feel like MMM's proposals are starting to sound more and more like Alanland.

:) Needs more... :sombrero: Not quite... :bigass: Perfect.
JDOT: We make the world a better place to drive.
Travel Mapping | 60+ Clinches | 260+ Traveled | 8000+ Miles Logged

thspfc

Quote from: kphoger on November 22, 2022, 02:03:58 PM
kkt for the win!

Quote from: kkt on November 20, 2022, 05:17:11 PM
Adding more exclamation marks after a silly sentence doesn't make it any less silly.
Even one exclamation mark is pushing it. There's a time and place. But more than one at the end of the same sentence immediately makes your sentence lose meaning. It reads like a joke.

SkyPesos

Quote from: JoePCool14 on November 22, 2022, 10:26:48 PM
Quote from: SkyPesos on November 22, 2022, 10:11:18 PM

Unironically, I feel like MMM's proposals are starting to sound more and more like Alanland.
Guess we need to build up the MMM lore now, like what we have for FritzOwl and Alanland.

kirbykart

Scott's recent comment about twine balls:
Quote from: Scott5114 on November 23, 2022, 05:27:03 PM
The Kansas twine ball is a twine ball for the people. Anyone is welcome to add twine to the Kansas twine ball. The Minnesota twine ball is an elitist twine ball, shielded from the people by glass. It is no twine ball for me.

kphoger

Male pronouns, please.

skluth

Quote from: kphoger on November 22, 2022, 02:06:09 PM

This is the real problem.  You've brought it up multiple times.  Every time, I've wondered if he was going to look up information about it–especially considering you mentioned it while refuting some of his assertions.  And yet, apparently, he didn't bother looking it up.

Duh. He's a troll.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: skluth on November 24, 2022, 11:50:09 AM
Quote from: kphoger on November 22, 2022, 02:06:09 PM

Duh. He's a troll.

I don't know about that.  A troll is someone who says like that deliberately to get a rise out of people.  Lord Carhorn was a troll, I think MMM fully believes the things he says.

Max Rockatansky

Silly tornados:

Quote from: MultiMillionMiler on November 24, 2022, 01:19:18 PM

I would love to see a tornado in real life, and feel the wind to, Long Island has actually gotten like 11 microbursts this year that have officially been confirmed as tornados, but never seen one. The maximum speed of tornados moving is around 75 mph, so they are easily outdriveable to maintain a safe distance. I wouldn't do it to sell videos, just for fun.

Quote from: MultiMillionMiler on November 24, 2022, 02:49:39 PM
If I had to drive on an unpaved road or 1 lane road that might pose a problem. In that case it might be better to let the tornado safely lift my car up and carry it over the unpaved section, gently setting me down when there's a paved road on the other side. Tornados have been known to set fragile items down without breaking them.

kirbykart

^And this one:
Quote from: MultiMillionMiler on November 24, 2022, 01:52:01 PM
Why outrun it when I can drive straight into the eye. The challenge could be to stay exactly centered in the eye as it moves by driving along with it.

Good luck with that, MMM.

dlsterner

MultiDozenMiler is definitely a treasure trove of notable quotes, isn't he?

kkt

Quote from: dlsterner on November 24, 2022, 04:18:43 PM
MultiDozenMiler is definitely a treasure trove of notable quotes, isn't he?

Noteworthy in one way or another.

Scott5114

What I think is really funny is that tornadoes don't have an "eye".
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

hbelkins

Quote from: Scott5114 on November 24, 2022, 06:23:33 PM

Tornado Eye for the Hurricane Guy.  :-D

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

Scott5114

Quote from: hbelkins on November 24, 2022, 09:21:00 PM
Quote from: Scott5114 on November 24, 2022, 06:23:33 PM

Tornado Eye for the Hurricane Guy.  :-D

"Pimp My Ride" for storm chasers, perhaps?
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

Max Rockatansky

24% descent grades are for pussies:

Quote from: MultiMillionMiler on November 26, 2022, 12:48:04 PM
Of course I do LOL

But 24% isn't that bad. Some of my I-9/I-11/New Pennsylvania Turnpike plans would involve slightly steeper grades to maintain a straight line through the mountains.

kkt

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on November 26, 2022, 12:50:57 PM

Of course I do LOL

But 24% isn't that bad. Some of my I-9/I-11/New Pennsylvania Turnpike plans would involve slightly steeper grades to maintain a straight line through the mountains.

That's why God made manual transmissions.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: kkt on November 26, 2022, 01:38:55 PM

Of course I do LOL

I'm tempted to find out what his thoughts on Waipio Valley Road are?  You'd definitely would need wheel lock for 40% plus.

skluth

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on November 26, 2022, 01:45:18 PM
Quote from: kkt on November 26, 2022, 01:38:55 PM

Of course I do LOL

I'm tempted to find out what his thoughts on Waipio Valley Road are?  You'd definitely would need wheel lock for 40% plus.

There's also that street in LA. Don't know the gradient, but it's pretty steep. Gotta admit that 24% isn't that bad quote is one for the ages.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.