News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered at https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=33904.0
Corrected several already and appreciate your patience as we work through the rest.

Main Menu

Stadiums dominated by fans of the visiting team

Started by KCRoadFan, May 19, 2022, 04:21:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ted$8roadFan

Quote from: bing101 on July 28, 2022, 10:41:34 AM
In Los Angeles the LA Clippers Vs. LA Lakers would have fans dominated by the visiting team. This is given that Clippers and Lakers share the same stadium. LA Lakers would dominate Crypto arena when they are labeled as the visiting team because the stadium has the LA Clippers logo on the court.

IIRC, the Clippers are getting their own arena in the near future. Wonder if that will change things.

bing101

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MetLife_Stadium

Here is another one this time for the NFL the Metlife Stadium is the home field for both the NY Giants and NY Jets at the same time. In the event of a Giants Vs. Jets game I think NY Giants would get an advantage that would dominate Metlife stadium given their past championship history.

Takumi

Quote from: SectorZ on July 28, 2022, 10:23:31 AM
Last time the Yankees came to Fenway, I was a little amazed at how many Yankees fans were there compared to prior years. It was like a ton of Sox fans just unloaded them on StubHub or something.

Enough there to start their classless "Boston Sucks" chant, all the while paying hundreds and thousands to the coffers of the city they are claiming sucks.

Do you ever engage in "Yankees Suck"  chants? I don't see any difference between them (though I'm a fan of a different AL East team and thus root against both teams equally).

Also, yes, the old stadium name use by fans is intentional.
Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

Alps

Quote from: Takumi on July 30, 2022, 07:16:52 PM
Last time the Yankees came to Fenway, I was a little amazed at how many Yankees fans were there compared to prior years. It was like a ton of Sox fans just unloaded them on StubHub or something.

Enough there to start their classless "Boston Sucks" chant, all the while paying hundreds and thousands to the coffers of the city they are claiming sucks.

Do you ever engage in "Yankees Suck"  chants? I don't see any difference between them (though I'm a fan of a different AL East team and thus root against both teams equally).

Your Team Sucks.

Takumi

Quote from: Alps on July 30, 2022, 10:47:12 PM

Your Team Sucks.

Orioles fans 🤝 Yankees fans

Hating Joey Bats and the Red Sox
Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

ibthebigd

Vanderbilt is dominated by most teams they are playing fans.

SM-G996U

Henry

Quote from: Takumi on July 30, 2022, 11:19:39 PM

Your Team Sucks.

I can hear the "Dodgers suck" chants when the Giant fans visit Dodger Stadium, and "Giants suck" by Dodger fans in San Francisco. If you're a fan of another NL West team, you hate both teams the same way. My wife is a Padres fan (because she is from San Diego and proud of it), so she would root against the other two CA teams equally.
Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

SectorZ

Quote from: Henry on October 19, 2022, 10:12:33 AM

Your Team Sucks.

I can hear the "Dodgers suck" chants when the Giant fans visit Dodger Stadium, and "Giants suck" by Dodger fans in San Francisco. If you're a fan of another NL West team, you hate both teams the same way. My wife is a Padres fan (because she is from San Diego and proud of it), so she would root against the other two CA teams equally.

I know it took a while for me to respond to the original point, there is a large difference between your [city] sucks and your [team] sucks. Figured that was pretty obvious but whatever. I've never chanted "New York" sucks, especially in a stadium where 3-5K of the people there are New Yorkers coming to Fenway to help my region's economy.

Alps

Quote from: SectorZ on October 19, 2022, 11:30:33 AM

Your Team Sucks.

I know it took a while for me to respond to the original point, there is a large difference between your [city] sucks and your [team] sucks. Figured that was pretty obvious but whatever. I've never chanted "New York" sucks, especially in a stadium where 3-5K of the people there are New Yorkers coming to Fenway to help my region's economy.
Boston sucks.
That's just the standard chant sorry

SectorZ

Quote from: Alps on October 19, 2022, 03:13:47 PM
Quote from: SectorZ on October 19, 2022, 11:30:33 AM

Your Team Sucks.

Boston sucks.
That's just the standard chant sorry

Says the guy from New Jersey  :-D

Halian

IIRC, there was one year Virginia hosted Virginia Tech where they required prospective ticket purchasers to make a $100 donation to the boosters first, ostensibly to stave off an invasion of Hokie fans.
HalDOT, featuring my Hoennverse and Safir Alliance worldbuilding projects

skluth

My high school, Green Bay East, shared their stadium with Green Bay Preble. It was strange playing them at our stadium when they were the home team and we had to use the crappy visitors bleachers on the river side. (Honestly, the home bleachers weren't much better but they had more seats and were closer to the rest rooms and concession booth.) My school also had better teams so we were usually more numerous and louder. The same happened on the West Side with GB West and GB Southwest.

Big John

Quote from: skluth on December 04, 2022, 12:44:09 PM
The same happened on the West Side with GB West and GB Southwest.
They actually played their home games at Lambeau until they got kicked out. Then they built a stadium at West High.  All the schools eventually got their own stadium.

skluth

Quote from: Big John on December 04, 2022, 01:18:09 PM
They actually played their home games at Lambeau until they got kicked out. Then they built a stadium at West High.  All the schools eventually got their own stadium.

Didn't get kicked out as much as the Packers built the West Side schools a new stadium so they didn't tear up the turf at Lambeau. I remember going to a couple high school games in Lambeau before that happened. But yeah, the Packers definitely wanted them out of Lambeau.

Big John

Quote from: skluth on December 04, 2022, 01:50:05 PM
Quote from: Big John on December 04, 2022, 01:18:09 PM

Didn't get kicked out as much as the Packers built the West Side schools a new stadium so they didn't tear up the turf at Lambeau. I remember going to a couple high school games in Lambeau before that happened. But yeah, the Packers definitely wanted them out of Lambeau.
Yes it was field issues.  West stadium wasn't completed for a couple years afterward.

JREwing78

Back when the Detroit Red Wings were winning Stanley Cups left and right (late '90s and '00s), the crowds were awfully red and white pretty much everywhere.

Not so much the case nowadays, of course.

Bruce

Basically any match for the US men's national soccer team against a Central American country that isn't played in flyover country. Particular cases:

El Salvador - RFK Stadium in DC
Honduras - Red Bull Arena in NJ
Mexico - LA, Dallas, Houston, Phoenix, Chicago, DC, Atlanta, etc.

US 89

Quote from: Bruce on December 04, 2022, 06:08:45 PM
Basically any match for the US men's national soccer team against a Central American country that isn't played in flyover country. Particular cases:

I once watched the US men's team play El Salvador in Salt Lake. If El Salvador fans didn't make up a majority of the attendance, they were damn close to it.

Roadgeekteen

Every single Los Angeles Chargers game. Many Rams games as well.
God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

skluth

Quote from: US 89 on December 04, 2022, 06:38:28 PM

I once watched the US men's team play El Salvador in Salt Lake. If El Salvador fans didn't make up a majority of the attendance, they were damn close to it.

Also happened during a friendly vs Bosnia in St Louis. St Louis has a large Bosnian population as the mayor opened the city to Bosnian refugees regardless of ethnicity during the 90s Bosnian War. (Most were Bosnian Muslims, but there were also Croats and Serbs.) I wasn't there but my Bosnian neighbor went and he told me afterwards it was like a Bosnian homecoming.

NWI_Irish96

I went to the 2019 Gold Cup Final at Soldier Field. Was really close to 50/50 US and Mexico fans.
Indiana: counties 100%, highways 100%
Illinois: counties 100%, highways 61%
Michigan: counties 100%, highways 56%
Wisconsin: counties 86%, highways 23%

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.