News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Firefox add-on

Started by Alps, September 09, 2010, 06:33:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alps

For those of you so inclined, check out the "On-the-road" Firefox add-on.  It converts your standard browsing buttons into a road sign-themed set.  I was introduced to it by another enthusiast, and I bet plenty others are interested.  For that matter, what add-ons do you have (road related or otherwise, I suppose) that you'd recommend?  My other main add-on is Flashblock, which speeds up my browsing experience by only allowing certain sites to play Flash (i.e. no Flash ads).

agentsteel53

Flashblock is great.  I also use Adblock Pro to get rid of other degenerate crap. 
live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

KEK Inc.

Adblock Plus does the job.  I can also enjoy watching Vevo YouTube videos without having to worry about vid ads. 

I'm on Firefox 4b5, but I use Noscript and a couple of YouTube addons...  :sombrero:
Take the road less traveled.

rickmastfan67

NoScript rules!  Enough said. :)

joseph1723

+1 for Adblock plus, it blocks almost all the ad for me :D

I also use NoScript and session manager too 

allniter89

Quote from: joseph1723 on September 10, 2010, 12:02:49 AM
+1 for Adblock plus, it blocks almost all the ad for me :D

I also use NoScript and session manager too 
+2, I've been using noscript and adblock for awhile, great add ons!
BUY AMERICAN MADE.
SPEED SAFELY.

Duke87

NoScript and Adblock Plus are musts.

I will admit, I am at times prone to taking a liking to widgets which aren't really useful but are nonetheless kinda nifty. To this end, one of the other add-ons I'm using is FlagFox. Puts a little flag at the end of the address bar between the RSS icon and the bookmark icon, which changes according to where the server of the site you're currently at is located. Right now I see a little American flag up there. If I tab back over to Simtropolis, I see a little Canadian flag. And so on. Roll over it and it tells you the site's IP address!
If you always take the same road, you will never see anything new.

bugo

I have a plug-in called Foxclocks.  It puts the current time of the time zone of your choice in the status bar.  I have a friend in Brisbane that I talk to all the time, so I have it listed so I'll know what time it is there with a simple glance.  I also have 24 hour time in the central time zone.

Chris

I also use foxclocks. I have all US mainland time zones (excl. Alaska) in it, very convenient.

Alps

Thanks y'all, I decided to add Adblock Plus (I'd thought about it before) and I'll see how it works out.

SSOWorld

I used to have boatloads of addons - but now the only one i use is ABP.  Addons slow the browser big time.
Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.