News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Favorite Non-alcoholic beverage

Started by mightyace, October 20, 2010, 11:37:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What are your favorite non-alcoholic beverages (pick up to 3)

Coffee
8 (22.2%)
Tea
6 (16.7%)
Soda (Pop for Western PA, NY and Midwest)
27 (75%)
Fruit Juice
9 (25%)
Lemonade
11 (30.6%)
Kool-Aid
2 (5.6%)
Iced Tea
4 (11.1%)
Bottled Water
8 (22.2%)
Tap Water
10 (27.8%)
Toilet Water
5 (13.9%)
Tonic Water
0 (0%)
Other
1 (2.8%)

Total Members Voted: 36

Voting closed: November 16, 2010, 07:17:47 PM

mightyace

The poll lists general categories.  Please post your specific preferences in a post here.  (i.e. Coke vs Pepsi vs Dr. Pepper)
My Flickr Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mightyace

I'm out of this F***KING PLACE!

agentsteel53

I drink more Pepsi than I should, because we have it at work.  Generally I'm pretty agnostic between Coke and Pepsi - I used to prefer Coke but recently I find myself preferring Pepsi.  In either case, the version with sugar, as opposed to high fructose corn syrup, tastes a lot better.

I drink more plain old tap water than every other beverage combined, though.
live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

kj3400

Toilet water? Really?  :-D

I don't drink soda at all, hate coffee, am not fond of tea when I found out it wasn't made from powder (about 10 or so) and I don't drink bottled water when I can get it cheaper out of the faucet.

Quote from: agentsteel53 on October 20, 2010, 11:38:58 AM
I drink more plain old tap water than every other beverage combined, though.

So do I. After all, we are 80% water.
Call me Kenny/Kenneth. No, seriously.

mightyace

74/171FAN

I used to drink a lot of unsweet tea but after I tasted McDonald's sweet tea I've been addicted to sweet tea in general.  I also drink a lot of Pepsi but I don't drink that very often anymore because all the vending machines I've seen here at Virginia Tech are for Coke products.
I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

KEK Inc.

Limeade and Sierra Mist is all you need. 
Take the road less traveled.

algorerhythms

Quote from: kj3400 on October 20, 2010, 11:44:17 AM
Toilet water? Really?  :-D
Brawndo: it's got what plants crave! It's got electrolytes!

Mr_Northside

While I've really cut down in my general soda consumption over the years, if I'm at a restaurant and not drinking beer, I usually go for the Root Beer.  Though if I have a chance to get a good Cream Soda I usually can't turn that down.  Two other honorable mentions are Orange Soda and Ginger Ale.
I don't have opinions anymore. All I know is that no one is better than anyone else, and everyone is the best at everything

jgb191

Pepsi is the best....I keep my fridge loaded with Pepsi at all times.  That's the beverage I consume when I am out.

Other ones I like are 7-UP, Dr. Pepper, Hi-C fruit punch, and Mountain Dew
We're so far south that we're not even considered "The South"

J N Winkler

I picked coffee, tea, and water.  However, I could have picked fruit juice as a fourth because I always drink orange juice after coffee or black tea to get rid of the halitosis both of those drinks cause.  (I learned this in Spain, where the standard breakfast at a bar in Madrid is churros, coffee, and freshly-squeezed orange juice.  OJ from concentrate is not as powerful a taste experience, but it is equally effective at killing breath odor.)  I have just one cup of coffee a day, usually fixed right after I wake up, and I try not to drink black tea after noon.  If I want something hot to drink later in the day, usually I choose mint tea.  I am also a fan of apple tea (a big thing in Turkey), but have not drunk it in years since the main ingredient--dried apple crumbs--is not that easy to find in the West.

I don't particularly care for soft drinks and tend to get them only when I am driving or when I have to get my money's worth out of a fast-food "value meal" combination.  Dr. Pepper is my poison of choice when I am not driving, but when I am, I tend to go for Sprite or Mountain Dew because they are less likely to stain seats if spilled.

On a volume basis, tap water wins by far.  I take seriously the business of remaining hydrated.
"It is necessary to spend a hundred lire now to save a thousand lire later."--Piero Puricelli, explaining the need for a first-class road system to Benito Mussolini

kj3400

You can't beat tap water. I keep a gallon jug of it in the fridge at all times. Usually drink 1/4 of it a day these days, though in the summer, I'd often drink the whole thing in one day.
Call me Kenny/Kenneth. No, seriously.

Truvelo

Who selected toilet water :pan:

My favourite is pineapple juice, followed closely by grapefruit juice. When I rent a car abroad I tend to find a convenience store and buy some bottled water.
Speed limits limit life

cu2010

Quote from: Truvelo on October 20, 2010, 02:19:24 PM

I was wondering the same thing!  :-D

I'm, sadly, way too addicted to Mountain Mtn Dew for my own good. On a hot summer's day, though, there is nothing better than ice cold water (though I drink a lot more bottled water than tap water, mostly because the tap water here is disgusting)...

I drink a lot of milk, too...why is that not on the list?
This is cu2010, reminding you, help control the ugly sign population, don't have your shields spayed or neutered.

mightyace

PAHighways

I picked tap water, and soda since I didn't see a "pop" choice listed :D.

I cut back my soft drink intake about two years ago and cut out HFCS because I got to the point where I couldn't stand the syrupy taste anymore.  So when I buy pop now, I look for Jones Soda products or the new Sierra Mist Free.

rawmustard

Quote from: Truvelo on October 20, 2010, 02:19:24 PM.

I can probably narrow it down to two or three who would possibly vote toilet water, but it would be rude to call them out by name.

As far as non-alcohol goes, I'm either a coffee or cola (prefer Pepsi) person when I go out, but I've found that I've been drinking more water here at the office. I'll usually purchase bottled water for a co-worker and me, but I'll usually refill a bottle with tap water a few times so I can stretch each case I get.

mightyace

Quote from: PAHighways on October 20, 2010, 02:57:16 PM
I picked tap water, and soda since I didn't see a "pop" choice listed :D.
I had, conveniently, forgotten about that affection from western PA into the Midwest.  But, "pop" is now listed along with soda.

Quote from: PAHighways on October 20, 2010, 02:57:16 PM
I cut back my soft drink intake about two years ago and cut out HFCS because I got to the point where I couldn't stand the syrupy taste anymore.  So when I buy pop now, I look for Jones Soda products or the new Sierra Mist Free.
There is also a Sierra Mist Natural that uses sugar.  Plus you have the Pepsi and Mountain Dew Throwback Editions when they are available.

Ian

Soda and lemonade are my favorites. I am a big fan of Coke (prefer it a lot over Pepsi) and Dr. Pepper. As for the worst drink I've ever had, it probably has to be the Moxie soda made in Maine  :ded:.
UMaine graduate, former PennDOT employee, new SoCal resident.
Youtube l Flickr

agentsteel53

Quote from: rawmustard on October 20, 2010, 03:00:16 PM

I can probably narrow it down to two or three who would possibly vote toilet water, but it would be rude to call them out by name.

oddly, it wasn't me.

jake@aaroads.com

Dougtone

Two things...

Would iced tea be classified as tea or something else?
Soda is also called pop in Western New York State, particularly around Rochester and Buffalo.

mightyace

Quote from: Dougtone on October 20, 2010, 06:55:09 PM
Two things...

Would iced tea be classified as tea or something else?
Tea is tea.  Iced, warm, sweet, unsweet, herbal, etc.

Quote from: Dougtone on October 20, 2010, 06:55:09 PM
Soda is also called pop in Western New York State, particularly around Rochester and Buffalo.

Fixed.

Hot Rod Hootenanny

Devout Tea drinker. Juice (Orange, Apple, Lemon, Grapefruit, pineapple, strawberry) while I keep telling myself they're healthy. And I try to keep my soda intake to 2-3 cans a week.
Please, don't sue Alex & Andy over what I wrote above

allniter89

Pop for me thank you!  :-D Coca Cola the last 10 yrs, Pepsi b4 then. Sweet Tea in a restaurant.
Winn Dixie Chex Vanilla Coke if I have my druthers :D. Occasional Root Beer, Vernors or Country Time lemonade or Kool Aid. My water source is a well at home....ewwwww!!!! I've never liked tap or bottled water, dunno Y?  :hmmm:
BTW, until a few years ago I referred to pop as "coke" or "soda" whatever the brand. After spending a few weeks with relatives in the Detroit area, I became fond of the pop label, I just like the way it sounds..."you wanna pop?" "may I have a pop please", "I gotta getta pop", "where's your pop please" POP, POP, POP. POP, POP, I luvs me some pop!!  :spin: :spin:
BUY AMERICAN MADE.
SPEED SAFELY.

agentsteel53

I refer to it neither as "soda", nor "pop", nor as that strangely New England word choice of "tonic".  I tend to narrow it down by brand.

jake@aaroads.com

Scott5114

Being a third-shifter, having a caffeinated drink of choice is imperative. I do not like coffee or tea, so Mountain Dew is what I tend to drink most, which is reinforced by there being a dispenser of it in both the break room and every sector of my workplace (except Delta, oddly). I rarely drink plain water as it is too bland for my taste.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.