News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

PA 150 Wall Collapse in Bellfonte

Started by 74/171FAN, November 12, 2022, 09:26:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

74/171FAN

PennDOT - District 2 News: Lane Closure on Route 150 in Bellefonte

PennDOT - District 2 News: Update on Route 150 Lane Closure in Bellefonte

QuoteThe Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT) is providing an update on a lane closure on a section of Route 150 (South Water Street) in Bellefonte. The restriction is necessary due to a wall collapse between West High and Mill Streets.

All traffic that is northbound will be detoured at Stoney Batter Road and use Route 144 to High Street, returning to Route 150.
All traffic that is southbound--heading toward State College--will travel through the affected area in the northbound lane.
This restriction may be in place for some time. PennDOT will review repair options and make repairs as quickly as possible to provide two-way traffic through the area.
I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

74/171FAN

PennDOT - District 2 News: PennDOT Working to Reopen Two Lanes of Traffic on Route 150 in Bellefonte

QuoteThe Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT) is reminding area drivers of a lane closure on a section of Route 150 (South Water Street) in Bellefonte. Due to a recent wall collapse between West High and Mill Streets, Route 150 in the area remains restricted to one lane, with southbound traffic moving through the area in the northbound lane.

In order to restore two-way traffic, PennDOT plans to begin work Monday, November 28 on a temporary repair. Throughout the week, PennDOT Centre County Maintenance will place temporary shoring and install a rock buttress for slope stabilization. This work

will take place under the one-way traffic condition and is expected to be complete by the end of the week.

Until temporary work is finished, northbound traffic remains detoured at Stoney Batter Road and is using Route 144 to High Street, and then returning to Route 150.

Once two lane traffic is restored, the roadway will remain open until a more permanent repair can take place in spring of 2023. The sidewalk in this area will remain closed in the interest of public safety.
I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.