News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Hello!

Started by jblock42, February 18, 2016, 02:28:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jblock42

Hello fellow roadgeeks, my name is Jacob! I'm 19 and I'm from Michigan, and within the past year and a half or so I've been really getting into learning about roads and everything, with a main focus of here in Michigan, but I go all over the place really learning about whatever roads I find in all of my quests on the internet to read about roads. I found this forum a bit ago, and I've been lurking around here reading various threads, and yesterday I thought I'd join in on the discussion! I'm a bit scared to join in though, as I'm kind of scared I'll probably look stupid because I'm still pretty new at this. But, either way, hello! I'm happy to be here :)
I'm still new at this whole roadgeeking thing but hey I've got a rather unorganised but pretty neato sign collection going with 29 actual highway signs which includes a state highway sign from 11/50 states so there's that

hotdogPi

Welcome from Massachusetts!
Clinched, minus I-93 (I'm missing a few miles and my file is incorrect)

Traveled, plus US 13, 44, and 50, and several state routes

I will be in Burlington VT for the eclipse.

freebrickproductions

Welcome from Alabama!
It's all fun & games until someone summons Cthulhu and brings about the end of the world.

I also collect traffic lights, road signs, fans, and railroad crossing equipment.

(They/Them)

jblock42

I'm still new at this whole roadgeeking thing but hey I've got a rather unorganised but pretty neato sign collection going with 29 actual highway signs which includes a state highway sign from 11/50 states so there's that

wolfiefrick

A warm welcome to the AARoads forum from sunny St. Louis!

paulthemapguy

Welcome from greater Chicagoland, home of imprisoned politicians, Hugh Hefner, and Cards Against Humanity!
Avatar is the last interesting highway I clinched.
My website! http://www.paulacrossamerica.com Now featuring all of Ohio!
My USA Shield Gallery https://flic.kr/s/aHsmHwJRZk
TM Clinches https://bit.ly/2UwRs4O

National collection status: 361/425. Only 64 route markers remain

jblock42

Quote from: paulthemapguy on February 18, 2016, 03:16:23 PM
Welcome from greater Chicagoland, home of imprisoned politicians, Hugh Hefner, and Cards Against Humanity!

Thank you!!! Also your shield photo project looks so awesome!!

SignGeek101

Welcome from just-above-freezing Winnipeg! I am only a sign geek myself, so don't feel bad if you don't know anything about road networks and such.

jblock42

Quote from: SignGeek101 on February 18, 2016, 04:09:35 PM
Welcome from just-above-freezing Winnipeg! I am only a sign geek myself, so don't feel bad if you don't know anything about road networks and such.

Awesome!! I'm quite a sign geek myself, but currently only US signs, though eventually I want to "go international" haha. I've even got somewhat of a jumbled mess of a collection of signs!  :D

Alex

Welcome to the board!

You'll find several other sign collectors here as well. Have quite a few myself, both retired and custom ordered. I know of a couple guys also with amazing collections ranging from cutouts to embossed signs.

noelbotevera

Welcome from still cold Chambersburg, PA!

SD Mapman

Welcome from near the current end of US 16!
The traveler sees what he sees, the tourist sees what he has come to see. - G.K. Chesterton

jblock42

Quote from: SD Mapman on February 18, 2016, 07:34:52 PM
Welcome from near the current end of US 16!
Why that happens to be my favourite highway! hahaha   :D

ModernDayWarrior

Welcome from southeast Missouri!

jbnati27

Welcome from greater Cincinnati!!

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.