News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

AA Forum Reddit

Started by Tonytone, May 28, 2019, 07:28:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tonytone

I was thinking about all the places AA forums were available & I believe its only
On the Tapatalk app & internet correct?

Well some of you may know about Reddit, an interesting app but also very useful, reddit has many many different people on it from a regular citizen to the people that work @DOTS & more. Maybe if AA Forums could have a page on there it could get more mainstream (not in an annoying way) but a lot of un answered questions & ideas can go farther. AA Roads is fine the way it is. I'm just bringing an idea to the table. I think AA Roads would do numbers on it.

iPhone
Promoting Cities since 1998!

Bruce

Subreddits are quite different from forums, mainly in the way that interactions are more spontaneous and are allowed to die off. Very useful for sharing news, not so much if you want a rolling archive of every twist and turn in a given project.

The /r/roadgeek subreddit is private, and I'm not seeing many large communities out there just for roadgeeks. /r/roadcam is pretty much gold, though.

Tonytone

Quote from: Bruce on May 28, 2019, 08:58:03 PM
Subreddits are quite different from forums, mainly in the way that interactions are more spontaneous and are allowed to die off. Very useful for sharing news, not so much if you want a rolling archive of every twist and turn in a given project.

The /r/roadgeek subreddit is private, and I'm not seeing many large communities out there just for roadgeeks. /r/roadcam is pretty much gold, though.
Exactly /r/roadcam is gold, thats why I believe an /r/aaroad would be fine, we post topics & other things & they will do fine. I mean it would probably be the biggest account on there because of the amount of threads we have on this forum alone. I believe an old subreddit could be bumped even after it dies off.

iPhone
Promoting Cities since 1998!

Bruce

The thing is, I don't think many forum regulars would be the kind to flock to Reddit, which skews younger and more techie.

hbelkins

Could we talk about DST there?  :bigass:

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

NE2

pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

NE2

Quote from: hbelkins on May 29, 2019, 01:32:10 PM
Could we talk about DST there?  :bigass:
No, only on r/thedonald.
pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

jp the roadgeek

Is there and is there not an r/Alanland there?
Interstates I've clinched: 97, 290 (MA), 291 (CT), 291 (MA), 293, 295 (DE-NJ-PA), 295 (RI-MA), 384, 391, 395 (CT-MA), 395 (MD), 495 (DE), 610 (LA), 684, 691, 695 (MD), 695 (NY), 795 (MD)

renegade

Don’t ask me how I know.  Just understand that I do.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.