News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

General PA Design/Construction News

Started by 74/171FAN, October 12, 2023, 01:18:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

74/171FAN

I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

74/171FAN

I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

Quote from: 74/171FAN on June 19, 2024, 09:38:15 AM(For PA 199)  PennDOT - District 3 News: Route 199 Reconstruction Project Continues in Sayre and Athens, Bradford County

(For PA 199)  PennDOT - District 3 News: Route 199 Reconstruction Project Continues in Sayre and Athens, Bradford County

QuoteTruck traffic will follow a 7.7-mile detour using Route 220 and Interstate 17 (Southern Tier Expressway).
:banghead:

Quote from: 74/171FAN on June 12, 2024, 02:04:57 PM(For PA 45)  PennDOT - District 3 News: Weekend Detours Continue on Route 45 WB in Union and Northumberland Counties for Bridge Project

PennDOT - District 3 News: Weekend Detours Continue on Route 45 WB in Union and Northumberland Counties for Bridge Project

QuoteMontoursville, PA – Motorists are advised a bridge preservation project will continue on Route 45 in Lewisburg Borough, Union County and West Chillisquaque Township, Northumberland County.

On Friday, June 21, 2024 at 8:00 PM through Monday, June 24, 2024, at 6:00 AM, Route 45 westbound will be closed between Water Street in Lewisburg Borough, Union County and Route 405 in West Chillisquaque, Northumberland County, while the contractor RAM Services of Michigan continues preservation of the bridge over the West Branch Susquehanna River.

Traffic Impact

Motorists traveling Route 45 westbound (Montandon to Lewisburg) will be detoured using Route 45, Route 405 north, Route 642 west, Route 15 south, and Route 45.
Route 45 eastbound will be maintained through the work zone.
Motorists should be alert, slow down, and expect delays in travel.

Motorists can check conditions on major roadways by visiting www.511PA.com. 511PA, which is free and available 24 hours a day, provides traffic delay warnings, weather forecasts, traffic speed information and access to more than 1,000 traffic cameras. 511PA is also available through a smartphone application for iPhone and Android devices, by calling 5-1-1, or by following local alerts on X.

Subscribe to PennDOT news and traffic alerts in Tioga, Bradford, Lycoming, Sullivan, Union, Snyder, Northumberland, Montour and Columbia counties at www.penndot.pa.gov/District3.

Information about infrastructure in District 3 including completed work and significant projects, is available at www.penndot.gov/D3Results. Find PennDOT's planned and active construction projects at www.projects.penndot.gov.

Find PennDOT news on  X,  Facebook and Instagram.

vdeane

Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

74/171FAN

(For PA 332)  PennDOT - District 6 News: Drainage Pipe Replacement Scheduled on Route 332 (Almshouse Road) in Northampton Township - Traffic Detour Begins July 8

QuoteKing of Prussia, PA – The Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT) announced today that drainage pipe replacement is scheduled on Route 332 (Almshouse Road) in Northampton Township, Bucks County.

Motorists are advised of the following travel restriction:

Monday, July 8, through Saturday, July 20, a 24/7 road closure is scheduled on Route 332 (Almshouse Road) between Route 232 (Second Street Pike) and Jacksonville Road. During the closure, motorists are directed to use Jacksonville Road, Bristol Road, and Route 232 (Second Street Pike).
Local access will be maintained. Drivers are advised to allow extra time when traveling near the work area because backups and delays will occur. All scheduled activities are weather dependent.

Motorists can check conditions on major roadways by visiting www.511PA.com. 511PA, which is free and available 24 hours a day, provides traffic delay warnings, weather forecasts, traffic speed information, and access to more than 1,000 traffic cameras. 511PA is also available through a smartphone application for iPhone and Android devices, by calling 5-1-1, or by following regional X alerts.

For a complete list of construction projects impacting state-owned highways in Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery, and Philadelphia counties, visit the District 6 Traffic Bulletin.

Subscribe to PennDOT news and traffic alerts in Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery, and Philadelphia counties at www.penndot.pa.gov/District6.

Information about infrastructure in District 6, including completed work and significant projects, is available at www.penndot.pa.gov/D6Results. Find PennDOT's planned and active construction projects at the PennDOT Projects page.

Follow PennDOT on X and like the department on Facebook and Instagram.

MEDIA CONTACT: Robyn Briggs, robbriggs@pa.gov

(For PA 82)  PennDOT - District 6 News: Maintenance Activities Scheduled in Chester County

QuoteKing of Prussia, PA – The Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT) announced today that various maintenance activities are scheduled in Chester County.

Motorists are advised of the following travel restrictions:

Monday, June 24, through Thursday, June 27, 9:00 AM to 2:30 PM, a right lane closure is scheduled on eastbound U.S. 30 between the Norwood Road on ramp and the Route 113 Interchange in Downingtown Borough, for tree and brush clearing.
Tuesday, June 25, and Wednesday, June 26, from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM, Route 82 (Creek Road) will be closed between Old Kennett Road in Kennett Township, Chester County and Snuff Mill Road in New Castle County, Delaware, for pipe replacement. During the closure, motorists are directed to use Snuff Mill Road and Old Kennett Road. Local access will be maintained.
Drivers are advised to allow extra time when traveling near or through the work areas because backups and delays will occur. All scheduled activities are weather dependent. 

Motorists can check conditions on major roadways by visiting www.511PA.com. 511PA, which is free and available 24 hours a day, provides traffic delay warnings, weather forecasts, traffic speed information, and access to more than 1,000 traffic cameras. 511PA is also available through a smartphone application for iPhone and Android devices, by calling 5-1-1, or by following regional X alerts.
For a complete list of construction projects impacting state-owned highways in Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery, and Philadelphia counties, visit the District 6 Traffic Bulletin.

Subscribe to PennDOT news and traffic alerts in Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery, and Philadelphia counties at www.penndot.pa.gov/District6.

Information about infrastructure in District 6, including completed work and significant projects, is available at www.penndot.pa.gov/D6Results. Find PennDOT's planned and active construction projects at the PennDOT Projects page.

Follow PennDOT on X and like the department on Facebook and Instagram.

MEDIA CONTACT: Robyn Briggs, robbriggs@pa.gov

(For I-81)  PennDOT - District 4 News: Interstate 81 Northbound Rest Area Closure in Lenoxville, Susquehanna County

QuoteDunmore, PA – The Interstate 81 southbound rest area in Lenoxville, Susquehanna County will be closed for ramp and curb modifications. Work will take place Monday, June 24, 2024, through Tuesday, June 25, 2024, from 6:00 AM to 6:00 PM.

When encountering a work zone, please drive the posted speed limit, turn on your headlights, pay close attention to signs and flaggers, and avoid all distractions. In high-traffic locations, motorists are encouraged to use both lanes of travel to the merge point and take turns merging into the open lane.

Motorists can check conditions on major roadways by visiting www.511PA.com. 511PA, which is free and available 24 hours a day, provides traffic delay warnings, weather forecasts, traffic speed information, and access to more than 1,000 traffic cameras. 511PA is also available through a smartphone application for iPhone and Android devices, by calling 5-1-1, or by following local alerts on X.

511PA is also available through a smartphone application for iPhone and Android devices, by calling 5-1-1, or by following regional Twitter alerts accessible on the 511PA website.

Subscribe to PennDOT news and traffic alerts in Lackawanna, Luzerne, Pike, Susquehanna, Wayne, and Wyoming counties at www.penndot.pa.gov/District4.

Information about infrastructure in District 4, including completed work and significant projects, is available at www.penndot.pa.gov/D4Results. Find PennDOT's planned and active construction projects at www.projects.penndot.gov.

Find PennDOT news on X, Facebook, and Instagram. 

(For US 11/US 15) PennDOT - District 8 News: WB Camp Hill Bypass (Route 1014) Ramp to 21st Street South in E. Pennsboro Township, Cumberland County, to be Closed Monday Night

QuoteSB Route 11 bridge over ramp to be inspected

Harrisburg, PA – The Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT) announced today the westbound Camp Hill Bypass (Route 1014) ramp to 21st Street South in East Pennsboro Township, Cumberland County, is scheduled to be closed for several hours the night of Monday, June 24, so the southbound Route 11 bridge over the ramp can be inspected.

Weather permitting, the westbound Camp Hill Bypass ramp will be closed from 9:00 PM to 1:00 AM Monday night. A signed detour will be in place. Travelers should continue west to 21st Street, turn right on 21st Street, continue on to Poplar Church Road, turn right onto Erford Road and then right on to Route 11 south.

Travelers are reminded to be alert for these operations.

Motorists can check conditions on major roadways by visiting www.511PA.com. 511PA, which is free and available 24 hours a day, provides traffic delay warnings, weather forecasts, traffic speed information and access to more than 1,000 traffic cameras. 511PA is also available through a smartphone application for iPhone and Android devices, by calling 5-1-1, or by following local alerts on X.

Subscribe to PennDOT news and traffic alerts in Adams, Cumberland, Dauphin, Franklin, Lancaster, Lebanon, Perry and York counties at PennDOT District 8.

Information about infrastructure in District 8, including completed work and significant projects, is available at District 8 Results. Find PennDOT's planned and active construction projects at PennDOT Projects.

Follow PennDOT on X, and like the department on Facebook and Instagram.

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

roadman65

When is PennDOT to close permanently the RIRO ( Exit 15) in Bethel Township along I-78? Can't find any articles per Google.

I did find a twenty year plus old article on the Airport Road Bridge over I-78 that got destroyed by an overheight semi in 2002, but nothing about the Court Street exits at Grimes.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

74/171FAN

roadman65

Well the Grimes interchange is redundant to Midway. Plus trailers can't make the turn so Amazon trucks are using Exit 16 anyway.

Plus if they can't get funds to rip the ramps there, just block it off with a barricade and redo the striping.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.