News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Concurrency of x, x+y, x+2y

Started by hotdogPi, October 23, 2013, 04:45:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hotdogPi

For example, Montreal has 10, 15, and 20.

Indianapolis has 37, 52, 67 (along with many others).

***For people that don't know what I mean***

Quote from: vtk on October 23, 2013, 06:19:08 PM
To put it another way, this thread is looking for overlaps of three routes, in which the middle route number is exactly halfway between the lowest and highest route numbers.
Clinched, minus I-93 (I'm missing a few miles and my file is incorrect)

Traveled, plus US 13, 44, and 50, and several state routes

I will be in Burlington VT for the eclipse.

KEK Inc.

These number pattern threads are now getting ridiculous... 
Take the road less traveled.

agentsteel53

for x = 1, y = 0, route 1 shares its alignment with route 1 and with route 1 across all route 1s everywhere.

except that place in Tasmania.
live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

roadman

Quote from: KEK Inc. on October 23, 2013, 04:47:59 PM
I didn't realize we had so many frustrated algebra teachers out here.
"And ninety-five is the route you were on.  It was not the speed limit sign."  - Jim Croce (from Speedball Tucker)

"My life has been a tapestry
Of years of roads and highway signs" (with apologies to Carole King and Tom Rush)

1995hoo

I took my "C" in junior-year high school calculus and never took another math class again. Stuff like that makes my head hurt.
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

Zeffy

Quote from: 1995hoo on October 23, 2013, 06:07:59 PM

I took my "C" in junior-year high school calculus and never took another math class again. Stuff like that makes my head hurt.

I took a "C- / D+" in 10th and 11th grade math. I despise math. Then I made the idiot mistake of taking it again 12th grade. I passed with a 66. Didn't even care.

What is the thread even asking? When a route concurrency occurs at x (a route), then x+y (uh, what the hell is Y in this situation), then x+2y (double whatever Y was?). Ugh, this is the stuff I try to avoid on a daily basis. I'm glad the only 'complex' math I need in my job is percentages.
Life would be boring if we didn't take an offramp every once in a while

A weird combination of a weather geek, roadgeek, car enthusiast and furry mixed with many anxiety related disorders

vtk

Quote from: Zeffy on October 23, 2013, 06:12:58 PM
What is the thread even asking?

To put it another way, this thread is looking for overlaps of three routes, in which the middle route number is exactly halfway between the lowest and highest route numbers.
Wait, it's all Ohio? Always has been.

KEK Inc.

Quote from: roadman on October 23, 2013, 06:05:41 PM

Oh, I don't mind the math.  I just think number pattern threads are running dry.
Take the road less traveled.

Alps

Weren't 1, 2, and 3 originally multiplexed in Boston? Or was that 1, 2A, and 3? Set A=1.

PHLBOS

Quote from: Steve on October 24, 2013, 12:42:13 AM
Weren't 1, 2, and 3 originally multiplexed in Boston?
Prior to 1971; 1, 2 & 3 were indeed multiplexed along a short-stretch of all connected at Memorial Drive west of Mass Ave. at the B.U. bridge in Cambridge; but no multiplex.  The Mass Ave. bridge across the Charles River was originally MA 2.
GPS does NOT equal GOD

NE2

Quote from: PHLBOS on October 24, 2013, 09:25:47 AM
Prior to 1971; 1, 2 & 3 were indeed multiplexed along a short-stretch of Memorial Drive west of Mass Ave.  The Mass Ave. bridge across the Charles River was originally MA 2.
But 3 left Mem Drive at the BU Bridge: http://www.davidrumsey.com/luna/servlet/detail/RUMSEY~8~1~212215~5500292:Shell-Map-of-Metropolitan-Boston-an http://www.davidrumsey.com/luna/servlet/detail/RUMSEY~8~1~212217~5500293:Downtown-Boston--Sightseeing-Guide- http://www.schlichtman.org/mahighways/boston52.html

Anyone have an example with y=0?
pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

PHLBOS

GPS does NOT equal GOD

vtk

US 23, 24, 25 once overlapped north of Toledo.

Quote from: NE2 on October 24, 2013, 09:41:56 AM
Anyone have an example with y=0?

That would certainly be noteworthy, to the extent that we'd already be aware of it.

(Hint for folks who don't like doing math: the y=0 case NE2 suggested would mean three routes with the same number overlapping.)
Wait, it's all Ohio? Always has been.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.