News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Recent posts

Pacific Southwest / Re: Interstate 11 alignment, t...
Last post by Scott5114 - Today at 02:49:49 PM
Quote from: Max Rockatansky on Today at 01:08:26 PMI forget, was I-515 chargeable or non-chargeable?  If it was the latter then the designation overlaid onto two US Routes didn't make a lot of sense.

Then again, putting up fancy signs purely for aesthetic reasons is a pretty Vegas thing to do.
Traffic Control / Re: Road Sign UNO
Last post by 7/8 - Today at 02:19:49 PM
AL 24 to this ugly ON 24 shield (in Norfolk County):
Northeast / Re: What is it with I-95 & bri...
Last post by Ted$8roadFan - Today at 02:09:23 PM
A couple of theories: (1) I-95 gets more attention because it goes straight through the densely packed Northeast corridor where any incident will draw widespread attention from the business/government/media complex; and (2) because it carries an insane amount of traffic and there aren't that many viable alternatives, any accidents/closures become regional and even interstate events.
Traffic Control / Re: Erroneous road signs
Last post by hotdogPi - Today at 01:52:01 PM
Quote from: odditude on Today at 01:51:29 PM
Quote from: freebrickproductions on April 28, 2024, 12:14:39 PMA relatively minor error here, but I spotted this assembly at the east end of AL 216 yesterday morning:

Something ain't quite right here... by freebrickproductions, on Flickr
i don't

see the

problem..?

20 is east-west. 59 is north-south.
Traffic Control / Re: Erroneous road signs
Last post by odditude - Today at 01:51:29 PM
Quote from: freebrickproductions on April 28, 2024, 12:14:39 PMA relatively minor error here, but I spotted this assembly at the east end of AL 216 yesterday morning:

Something ain't quite right here... by freebrickproductions, on Flickr
i don't

see the

problem..?
General Highway Talk / Re: Agencies warn of turnpike ...
Last post by GaryV - Today at 01:49:39 PM
This is important enough to report in Michigan, where at least 99% of drivers don't go on any toll road during any given month of the year?
General Highway Talk / Re: Non-freeway/tollway full-s...
Last post by GaryV - Today at 01:41:37 PM
Quote from: Road Hog on Today at 01:33:47 AMDefine "full service."

OP did, in the first post:

Quote from: index on March 09, 2024, 02:12:38 PMFor the purposes of this thread, "full-service" means that it has restroom facilities. Visitor centers operated by the DOT as rest areas, just not in name, also count. Bonus points for two-lane roads.

I'm going to anticipate I-69 will continue to speed up the expansion of the southern Indianapolis suburbs.  It's really interesting to take the old IN-37 (which is accessed from the County Line Rd exit) and take into downtown Indy.  There are several areas before and after passing under I-465 that you truly still have the rural agricultural land feeling, and that is all in Marion County on Bluff Road.
Pacific Southwest / Re: 🛣 Headlines About Californ...
Last post by cahwyguy - Today at 01:28:34 PM
Quote from: Plutonic Panda on Today at 11:18:31 AM
Quote from: cahwyguy on Today at 07:57:26 AM
Quote from: Plutonic Panda on Today at 02:41:57 AMI thought they couldn't widen roads anymore in California because of the VMT crap.

You're thinking Caltrans. The Old Road is either county or city of Santa Clarita.
I see so that law only to applies to Caltrans. But Caltrans also oversees widening in Orange County as well which has added several GP lanes.
Quote from: Plutonic Panda on Today at 11:18:31 AMI see so that law only to applies to Caltrans. But Caltrans also oversees widening in Orange County as well which has added several GP lanes.

Generally, it is Caltrans that has to deal with VMT as it justifies projects to the CTC and in EIRs. Local projects usually don't go to that level. In any case, it is unlikely this segment of the Old Road would have a significant VMT impact.

[And you didn't comment that this month had nothing from Streetsblog LA. They seemed to have been much quieter in April, or at least the search engines I use didn't find anything.]
Northeast / Re: What is it with I-95 & bri...
Last post by ilpt4u - Today at 01:24:36 PM
Weren't the others I-85/Georgia and I-10/Cali?

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.