News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Atlantic City Expwy. Signage

Started by SignBridge, September 23, 2011, 09:24:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael in Philly

Quote from: NE2 on September 25, 2011, 06:26:29 PM
Quote from: newyorker478 on September 25, 2011, 05:41:02 PM
nope, it has to be going into the battery tunnel on the gowanus [pre-BQE]
Huh?

That's what it looks like to me too:  your choices are getting off of the expressway or going into the tunnel.  (Unless they're downplaying the next segment of the expressway as "last exit in Bklyn," which seems unlikely.)  The only tunnel a sign in Brooklyn could be referring to would be the Battery.
And of course there's the skyline in the background to confirm it.
RIP Dad 1924-2012.

NE2

My "huh" is at his "nope", not the rest of his post.
pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

newyorker478

my nope was at your statement that the photo might somehow be at coney island.

agentsteel53

Quote from: newyorker478 on September 26, 2011, 08:24:20 PM
my nope was at your statement that the photo might somehow be at coney island.

no, a completely different sign of that style which survived as late as 2007 and is still there for all I know.
live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

Mts83

Quote from: Alex on September 25, 2011, 12:30:51 PM
Quote from: DeaconG on September 24, 2011, 10:10:27 PM
The original BGS's for the AC Expressway, IIRC, were white lettering on a black background...they changed later on.  I remember at the time it being very weird...

Those dark green signs in the background at the split with "AC Expressway" and (42) South lasted until about 5-10 years ago.

DeaconG

Quote from: Mts83 on September 27, 2011, 08:48:47 PM
Quote from: Alex on September 25, 2011, 12:30:51 PM
Quote from: DeaconG on September 24, 2011, 10:10:27 PM
The original BGS's for the AC Expressway, IIRC, were white lettering on a black background...they changed later on.  I remember at the time it being very weird...

I knew I wasn't crazy!

Those dark green signs in the background at the split with "AC Expressway" and (42) South lasted until about 5-10 years ago.
All the signs on the ACE proper were this way in the beginning, then they started transitioning to the standard green BGS's.
all the quotes were proper in the beginning, then they started transitioning to the way you did it. quotes AT THE BOTTOM people
Dawnstar: "You're an ape! And you can talk!"
King Solovar: "And you're a human with wings! Reality holds surprises for everyone!"
-Crisis On Infinite Earths #2

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.