News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

2021 Supply Disruptions

Started by ZLoth, April 13, 2021, 03:31:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott5114

Same in Oklahoma–I saw a $2.80 yesterday.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

vdeane

It's annoying how there aren't any Reese's pumpkins this year.  Who could imagine Halloween without Reese's pumpkins?  The worst part of it is, I was in WalMart a week ago, and they had multiple full cartons of Reese's footballs.  So clearly it's not a shortage - it's mismanagement.  There would be plenty of pumpkins if they weren't busy making footballs that nobody wants to buy.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

Takumi

I've seen lots of Reese's pumpkins. Maybe it's a regional thing.

Also they taste exactly the same.
Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

Scott5114

Quote from: vdeane on October 08, 2022, 09:06:20 PM
It's annoying how there aren't any Reese's pumpkins this year.  Who could imagine Halloween without Reese's pumpkins?  The worst part of it is, I was in WalMart a week ago, and they had multiple full cartons of Reese's footballs.  So clearly it's not a shortage - it's mismanagement.  There would be plenty of pumpkins if they weren't busy making footballs that nobody wants to buy.

Just carve a face into the footballs.

vdeane

Quote from: Takumi on October 08, 2022, 09:44:37 PM

I mean, Target had 6 packs of them (I think WalMart might have as well), but that's a bit much since it's just me and I don't usually keep candy around the apartment, and singles and two packs are nowhere to be seen.  Especially since it's a marker of the season and the larger size means a different peanut butter/chocolate ratio, with more peanut butter in each bite.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

Pink Jazz

Lately it has becoming harder to find Welch's Sparkling Rosé Grape Juice in my area. The Welch's website doesn't show it as discontinued and the Welch's Puerto Rico Facebook page continues to advertise it (they made a post about it a few days ago). I did see and pick up a few bottles in Fry's (Kroger) yesterday. Walmart was recently out of stock, and Target I had to do an online pickup order (they didn't have any on the shelf).

TheHighwayMan3561

Quote from: Pink Jazz on October 10, 2022, 10:12:16 AM
Lately it has becoming harder to find Welch's Sparkling Rosé Grape Juice in my area. The Welch's website doesn't show it as discontinued and the Welch's Puerto Rico Facebook page continues to advertise it (they made a post about it a few days ago). I did see and pick up a few bottles in Fry's (Kroger) yesterday. Walmart was recently out of stock, and Target I had to do an online pickup order (they didn't have any on the shelf).

Isn't this the stuff most stores only stock around New Year's?
self-certified as the dumbest person on this board for 5 years running

Scott5114

Quote from: vdeane on October 09, 2022, 07:56:18 PM
Quote from: Takumi on October 08, 2022, 09:44:37 PM

I mean, Target had 6 packs of them (I think WalMart might have as well), but that's a bit much since it's just me and I don't usually keep candy around the apartment, and singles and two packs are nowhere to be seen.  Especially since it's a marker of the season and the larger size means a different peanut butter/chocolate ratio, with more peanut butter in each bite.

I just found a big bag of singles in the Halloween candy aisle of my grocery store. So I'm guessing this is a regional thing.

LM117

“I don’t know whether to wind my ass or scratch my watch!” - Jim Cornette

ZLoth

I'm an Engineer. That means I solve problems. Not problems like "What is beauty?", because that would fall within the purview of your conundrums of philosophy. I solve practical problems and call them "paychecks".

Scott5114

At this point, any company still using a just-in-time supply chain is getting what they deserve.

Wait, isn't the free market supposed to provide an alternative? :hmmm:

Pink Jazz

Quote from: TheHighwayMan394 on October 11, 2022, 09:54:30 PM

Isn't this the stuff most stores only stock around New Year's?

Around here they stock it year-round (at least Fry's, Walmart, and Target do). It seems to be back in stock in most places. My guess is that stores were running low on the previous production batch and were waiting on shipments on the new batch.

Plus, Rosé is more associated with spring/summer than it is with fall/winter. Welch's introduced the Sparkling Rosé in Spring 2018. This year I remember Target was heavily marketing the Welch's Sparkling Rosé for Easter, even using the specialty holiday bottles normally sold around Christmas.

hbelkins

Cat food is starting to get in short supply around here. Walmart has been out of the 16-lb. bags of their Special Kitty house brand for a couple of weeks, and there are several varieties of canned food that are unavailable. Cats are notoriously finicky but ours are going to have to learn to eat what they're served because it's all we can get for them.

The Milk Dud shortage seems to have resolved itself around here.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

Scott5114

Haha. One time I was wanting to finish off a thing of distilled water so I filled the animals' water bowl with it. One of the cats bitched and bitched and bitched.

hbelkins

Quote from: Scott5114 on November 22, 2022, 09:55:49 PM
Haha. One time I was wanting to finish off a thing of distilled water so I filled the animals' water bowl with it. One of the cats bitched and bitched and bitched.

Our cats have never snubbed what's in the water bowl. We've used spring water, drinking water, distilled water, and tap water, and it gets consumed without complaint.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

JKRhodes

Quote from: JKRhodes on February 03, 2022, 10:16:11 PM
Quote from: hbelkins on February 02, 2022, 10:33:36 AM
I'm still noticing ongoing shortages of pet food. We no longer have a dog, but we still have cats, and the selection of both dry and canned food has been very sparse the last couple of weeks.

Also, and this seems a bit odd, saltine crackers are in short supply in these parts.

Definitely seeing this as well in Arizona. It's hard to keep our cats on a consistent diet because we have to choose from whatever happens to be available. They live primarily on dry food and share one can of wet food (pate) at bedtime.

This finally seemed to get resolved several months back.  To the point that we've finally been able to keep our orange tabby on a dry indoor blend consistently, and get his weight under control.

bandit957

I did notice that it was very hard to get good garbage bags or tuna around 2020-21.
Might as well face it, pooing is cool

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.