News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Aren't you glad that ____

Started by mgk920, November 29, 2022, 01:53:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mgk920

There are many thing that we are all glad about, thoughts that make us smile for at least a very short while, things like '...the Interstate.Highway System wasn't NIMBYed into oblivion back in the 1950s'.  Let's hear yours.

Mike

Max Rockatansky

That I didn't stay in Michigan after graduating high school.  My Dad wanted me to stay but I bailed for Arizona the week after graduating.  There was no future for me in central Michigan and I knew it even in high school.  I basically fell immediately into the career field I'm still two decades on after arriving in Arizona.

kirbykart

kkt

JayhawkCO

Hunty2022

I-64 was backed up on Sunday, allowing me to take US 522 and US 33 home.
100th Post: 11/10/22
250th Post: 12/3/22
500th Post: 3/12/23
1000th Post: 11/12/23

Hunty Roads (under construction):
https://huntyroadsva.blogspot.com

kphoger

... the codpiece went out of fashion?
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

formulanone

Quote from: kphoger on November 29, 2022, 03:58:21 PM
... the codpiece went out of fashion?

...That the dictionary I owned when I was 6 had an entry and diagram for codpiece. Because I never heard the word used until about 30 years later.

Dormant knowledge of the obscure that suddenly comes in handy is a diamond in the rough.

JoePCool14

...my respective sections of interstate I use on a daily or weekly basis already underwent their massive reconstructions and now have little to no construction on them. (road-related)

...2022 turned from a miserable year on a personal level to one where a lot of things worked out quite nicely. (With maybe more good things to come?) (non-road-related)

:) Needs more... :sombrero: Not quite... :bigass: Perfect.
JDOT: We make the world a better place to drive.
Travel Mapping | 60+ Clinches | 260+ Traveled | 8000+ Miles Logged

hbelkins

...daylight saving time begins again in March.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

thspfc

GaryV

Big John

Max Rockatansky

kkt

My medical insurance is pretty good and respects the "annual out of pocket maximum" without fighting about it every step of the way.

abefroman329

triplemultiplex

... the Empire overlooked a thermal exhaust port?
"That's just like... your opinion, man."

skluth

... the curse of ring around the collar has ended?

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.