News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Roadgeek Memes

Started by cl94, December 05, 2017, 12:25:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: thspfc on October 20, 2019, 10:54:40 AM
Quote from: ozarkman417 on October 20, 2019, 10:37:03 AM
Quote from: thspfc on October 20, 2019, 08:08:00 AM
Quote from: Verlanka on October 20, 2019, 04:53:21 AM
Quote from: ozarkman417 on October 19, 2019, 11:54:20 AM
I saw this same meme a while ago but said INDOT instead.
Guess the Romans were pretty good at making roads.
Or INDOT and PennDOT are pretty bad.
To be fair Roman roads just had lightweight horses and carriages, while modern roads have cars & trucks that can weigh several tons and a lot more of them.

SM-G965U
Regardless, it's clear that the Romans put more effort into their roads than we do.

Well that generally can be said about building anything in ancient times without the aid of machinery. 

Michael

This is one of the top posts in the r/Syracuse subreddit:

It was also reposted recently when a box truck hit the bridge.

Max Rockatansky

So how is it that we've missed out on the Table Cat memes on this thread?  Freeway Jim has a ton of them posted this last week. 

Stephane Dumas

Quote from: ozarkman417 on October 19, 2019, 11:54:20 AM
I saw this same meme a while ago but said INDOT instead.

SM-G965U

That would describe Quebec MTQ as well.

SSOWorld

With the ever viral woman yelling at a cat meme
Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

thspfc

New rule: No more bad I-41 memes

Brandon

"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton, "Game of Thrones"

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg, "Monty Python's Life of Brian"

SSOWorld

Scott O.

Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
Raise your what?

thspfc

Okay, I guess I'll contribute instead of continuing to criticize other people's (bad) memes.

vdeane

Quote from: SSOWorld on November 08, 2019, 01:00:52 AM

With the ever viral woman yelling at a cat meme
Am I the only one who has a hard time seeing that meme as a woman yelling at a cat?  The vertical white line makes it VERY obvious that those are two completely unrelated images mashed together, making it look more like a contrast between two states.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

SSOWorld

To be fair - there are several knockoffs of the meme on imgflip, and not every one of them are well constructed - I just happened to have used of the badly constructed ones.
Scott O.

Raise your what?

hbelkins

I've seen several, but made this one myself.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

Brandon

Quote from: hbelkins on November 09, 2019, 01:22:59 PM
I've seen several, but made this one myself.

Yankee Division Highway!
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton, "Game of Thrones"

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg, "Monty Python's Life of Brian"

ozarkman417

Here's a non-imgflip Highway 41 meme I made in about five minutes:

J3ebrules

I didn't make this one - saw it on Facebook today and it made me think of the forum and wonder if there was a meme thread.

Here we have the importance of MUTCD so we all know what the hell these signs mean!

Counting the cars on the New Jersey Turnpike - they’ve all come to look for America! (Simon & Garfunkel)

kphoger

Quote from: J3ebrules on November 14, 2019, 10:56:41 PM
I didn't make this one - saw it on Facebook today and it made me think of the forum and wonder if there was a meme thread.

Here we have the importance of MUTCD so we all know what the hell these signs mean!

MUTCD?  That picture is from Canada.  Or is that what you were getting at?
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

J3ebrules

Quote from: kphoger on November 15, 2019, 02:33:27 PM
Quote from: J3ebrules on November 14, 2019, 10:56:41 PM

MUTCD?  That picture is from Canada.  Or is that what you were getting at?

Yes. That we all pretty much know what standardized signs mean in the US.

It was Canada? I guessed as much, but wasn't sure.
Counting the cars on the New Jersey Turnpike - they’ve all come to look for America! (Simon & Garfunkel)

hbelkins

^^^

Is that an open can, or a golf club bag with a club head sticking up out of it?

I seriously have no clue what that sign is supposed to prohibit.

7/8

Quote from: hbelkins on November 16, 2019, 04:19:57 PM
^^^

The sign is saying "no littering", and the fine is $500 if you're caught.

And now I've learned that this sign isn't found in the US.

jakeroot

Quote from: 7/8 on November 16, 2019, 05:55:24 PM

I've not seen that sign in BC either. The US has littering signs but they're written in text.

J3ebrules

Quote from: 7/8 on November 16, 2019, 05:55:24 PM
Quote from: hbelkins on November 16, 2019, 04:19:57 PM
^^^

The sign is saying "no littering", and the fine is $500 if you're caught.

No littering?? Omg maybe it's because the meme put the idea of canned beans in my head... I thought it was something like... well, like "no hobos" , but more politically correct, obviously.

kphoger

I wasn't already familiar with either sign, but I correctly guessed what each one meant before looking them up.  Seemed somewhat obvious to me.

But I still liked the meme.  Clever.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

hbelkins

Saw this one today and got a chuckle out of it.

vdeane

How does that last item relate to the previous two?

(And why are there so many memes with that all of a sudden?  The events it references were a while ago.)
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

jakeroot

Quote from: vdeane on November 20, 2019, 01:48:06 PM
How does that last item relate to the previous two?

(And why are there so many memes with that all of a sudden?  The events it references were a while ago.)

The meme is designed so that the phrase is mentioned in a sort of "in passing" way, unrelated to anything mentioned before or after it.

It's back in the news because of new information related to his death. Don't want to talk about it too much here because of the politics rule.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.