Illinois freeway history research

Started by Revive 755, October 15, 2009, 05:46:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crash_It

Quote from: US20IL64 on September 08, 2021, 04:06:46 PM
Amstutz X-way, a true road to nowhere, as I am sure was posted a before I signed up here.
Should make it a bikeway, just sits there.

As someone who lives in the area it serves it's purpose well. It diverts traffic off of Sheridan Rd which becomes a residential street with several stop lights. Saves a tremendous amount of time. I've seen how badly backed up Sheridan Rd can get when the Amstutz gets closed for an event. Imagine that being everyday. So no, it should not be removed especially since it just got resurfaced back in 2019.

SkyPesos

Looking on the Amstutz, is this the only SPUI interchange in the US with stop signs on off-ramp left turns? Never seen one before, and I'm questioning the safety of it too, crossing so many lanes of traffic diagonally.

Crash_It

Quote from: SkyPesos on September 09, 2021, 12:40:54 AM
Looking on the Amstutz, is this the only SPUI interchange in the US with stop signs on off-ramp left turns? Never seen one before, and I'm questioning the safety of it too, crossing so many lanes of traffic diagonally.

I've never had an issue with crossing there whenever I'd exit there. The sight points are decent, the light further down is often red so traffic rarely comes from that direction. A stop sign however, was added to the opposite direction on the ramp at the end of the Amstutz.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.