News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

I-94/MN 101 interchange reconstruction in Rogers

Started by TheHighwayMan3561, July 02, 2010, 01:27:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheHighwayMan3561

MNDot is reconstructing the interchange, extending ramps, and building a direct ramp connection between WB I-94 and NB 101 for traffic wishing to directly bypass Rogers.

Having had to drive through this interchange every day for a long time, this improvement is greatly needed, but I still wish there could be an SB-EB flyover instead of having to make that connection through a loop.

http://www.dot.state.mn.us/metro/projects/hwy101/index.html
self-certified as the dumbest person on this board for 5 years running

dislocatedkid

They love thier crappy little loops down there...and thier tiny little acceleration lanes...ugh

Stephane Dumas

Maybe the other direct flyover ramp (SB MN-101 to I-94 EB) might be built later unless some commerces like the current "Breezewood".

froggie

QuoteThey love thier crappy little loops down there...and thier tiny little acceleration lanes...ugh

The two main movements here don't have "tiny little acceleration lanes".  One forms the third through lane on I-94, while the other formed an acceleration lane that extended north of Diamond Lake Rd.

QuoteMaybe the other direct flyover ramp (SB MN-101 to I-94 EB) might be built later unless some commerces like the current "Breezewood".

No "Breezewood" here.  For starters, there's no direct private/business access to MN 101.  But it's mainly related to MnDOT's lack of funding.  They don't have the funding to build the southbound flyover.  Nor did they have the money to build the northbound flyover PROPERLY....while this project is similar to the long-range plan for a freeway-to-freeway interchange at I-94/MN 101, the alignment's slightly off and they're also building the flyover as a single lane instead of the previously planned 2 lanes.

triplemultiplex

Might be a good opportunity to reroute US 169 over MN 101 and into the Cities via I-94 instead of US 10.  Right now, Rogers is like a pre-I-39 Portage, WI where US 51 bails on the main highway right before a major junction.  Then just throw a state highway (sorry 'trunk highway' ;) ) onto the Anoka - I-94 segment.
"That's just like... your opinion, man."

Truvelo

If I had the time I would draw a map showing direct connectors for most I-94 MN-101 movements. For starters a loop can be built from 101 to I-94 west in the opposite corner to the existing loop. The traffic lights at S Diamond Lake Road could become a SPUI. If the gas stations and greasy fast food joints were torn down I could fit a 5-level stack in there will all movements freeflowing  :colorful:
Speed limits limit life

froggie

MnDOT has a design that fits freeway-to-freeway movements between I-94 and MN 101 WITHOUT tearing down the "gas stations and greasy fast food joints"...

TheHighwayMan3561

Apparently they're building a new Holiday station-store on the south side of the interchange.

Why is this important? There is already a Holiday next to the new WB-NB ramp, as well as another Holiday that is already on the corner of Hennepin County Roads 81 and 150 kiddie corner from the new site. This leads me to believe that the state may be acquiring more ROW for an expanded ramp at some point by removing the Holiday that is currently on the north side of the interchange.
self-certified as the dumbest person on this board for 5 years running

froggie

Just got an E-mail from MnDOT saying the new flyover ramp is scheduled to open on Friday (10/8).

rte66man

Has anyone had a chance to take some pics of the new flyover?
When you come to a fork in the road... TAKE IT.

-Yogi Berra

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.