Some central & western VA photos

Started by WillWeaverRVA, September 16, 2017, 10:05:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WillWeaverRVA

So I had to drive to Roanoke for work on Wednesday. I had never been to Roanoke before, so I brought my camera along and did some roadgeeking. Some photos from Lynchburg and Staunton (I took I-81 to I-64 to get back to Richmond) are also included.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/willshighways/albums/72157689106549415

Routes include US 460, US 460 BUSINESS (Appomattox), VA 131, VA 24, VA 26, US 221, US 11, VA 116, I-81, US 60, VA 262, and VA 252.
Will Weaver
WillWeaverRVA Photography | Twitter

"But how will the oxen know where to drown if we renumber the Oregon Trail?" - NE2

AsphaltPlanet

I enjoyed these, thanks for sharing.

These photos look very clean for being shot at ISO 800.  Do you shoot raw?  I think my camera would create jpegs that looks far more crunchy at ISO 800 than these were.
AsphaltPlanet.ca  Youtube -- Opinions expressed reflect the viewpoints of others.

Mapmikey

very nice...

Surprised to see the 252 ENDS HERE white interstate shield still up...that's been there a long time now...

WillWeaverRVA

Quote from: AsphaltPlanet on September 17, 2017, 10:29:02 AM
I enjoyed these, thanks for sharing.

These photos look very clean for being shot at ISO 800.  Do you shoot raw?  I think my camera would create jpegs that looks far more crunchy at ISO 800 than these were.

Yeah, I usually shoot raw. I had actually intended not to (so I could post them faster without having to do much post-processing), but I forgot to change the setting. Kind of glad I didn't. :P

Quote from: Mapmikey on September 17, 2017, 10:40:32 AM
very nice...

Surprised to see the 252 ENDS HERE white interstate shield still up...that's been there a long time now...

I was worried it would be gone when I stopped by to find it, since it's been there for a while. Thankfully my fears were unfounded.
Will Weaver
WillWeaverRVA Photography | Twitter

"But how will the oxen know where to drown if we renumber the Oregon Trail?" - NE2

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.