News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

AR Highway 612

Started by US71, December 15, 2017, 10:37:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Ghostbuster

Are there any updates on whether a study about possibly constructing a Siloam Springs bypass has been initiated?

MikieTimT

Quote from: Wayward Memphian on April 14, 2024, 09:18:17 AMA sidenote. XNA approached 1 million enplanements last year. This year, the enplanement growth per month is trucking along at a staggering 15%. This is nack to the pre covid boom that placed it in the top 2 or 3 airport growth rates. The road growth in and around XNA has to happen and not just AR 612. Anyone here realize the roads are falling further behind on the ability to handle what's being thrown on them.

Yes.  Since I live here, it's quite obvious.  Still in the top 10 fastest growing metros in the U.S. Average of 36 new people a day.  I-49 is pretty much packed and needing additional lanes, and E/W facitilies are at unacceptable LOS at this point during the rather long peak hours in the area, which really can't be called "rush hour" anymore.  At least Wedington Dr. will be 7 laned between I-49 and Salem Rd. by October, which will help that one at least.  They've got to find a way to pull forward the funding on the rest of the Springdale Northern Bypass.

MikieTimT

Quote from: The Ghostbuster on April 14, 2024, 10:49:55 PMAre there any updates on whether a study about possibly constructing a Siloam Springs bypass has been initiated?
Not yet.  Been waiting for the notice for the public involvement meeting, which I expect any day now.

Wayward Memphian

Quote from: MikieTimT on April 15, 2024, 08:43:39 AM
Quote from: Wayward Memphian on April 14, 2024, 09:18:17 AMA sidenote. XNA approached 1 million enplanements last year. This year, the enplanement growth per month is trucking along at a staggering 15%. This is nack to the pre covid boom that placed it in the top 2 or 3 airport growth rates. The road growth in and around XNA has to happen and not just AR 612. Anyone here realize the roads are falling further behind on the ability to handle what's being thrown on them.

Yes.  Since I live here, it's quite obvious.  Still in the top 10 fastest growing metros in the U.S. Average of 36 new people a day.  I-49 is pretty much packed and needing additional lanes, and E/W facitilies are at unacceptable LOS at this point during the rather long peak hours in the area, which really can't be called "rush hour" anymore.  At least Wedington Dr. will be 7 laned between I-49 and Salem Rd. by October, which will help that one at least.  They've got to find a way to pull forward the funding on the rest of the Springdale Northern Bypass.

And... you didn't even touch the east side of  Fayette town.

MikieTimT

They'll likely start AR-612 east of I-49 in 2027/28, but the tricky part will be completing the stack with I-49 and undercutting the mainline I-49 lanes.  Then, at least AR-612 will be done to AR-265 2030/31 with only the bypass of Sonora left.

MikieTimT

ARDOT broke ground on two major construction projects Wednesday

If the local news folks are to be believed, the western leg finishes in 2026 and the leg between I-49 and AR-265 starts mid-2026, so the eastside folks should start to see the light (and red dirt) in a couple of years.

MikieTimT

The contractor is hauling dump truck loads of gravel to a lot at the junction of Old AR 68 and US-412 to kick off the next phase of the remaining western leg of AR-612 and the XNA Connector that exits off it, so it was more than a ceremonial groundbreaking.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.