News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered at https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=33904.0
Corrected several already and appreciate your patience as we work through the rest.

Main Menu

Threads you'll never see on aaroads.com

Started by hm insulators, October 21, 2013, 04:47:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roadman

Quote from: freebrickproductions on September 06, 2017, 01:54:14 AM
Do you prefer GE or EMD?
Reminds me of a quote from a former motive power official of the New Haven railroad (which was a mostly ALCO road until the mid-1950s).

QuoteTo fix an ALCO (which had GE electrical gear at the time) required a piano tuner.  To fix an EMD only required a parts changer.
"And ninety-five is the route you were on.  It was not the speed limit sign."  - Jim Croce (from Speedball Tucker)

"My life has been a tapestry
Of years of roads and highway signs" (with apologies to Carole King and Tom Rush)

roadman

"And ninety-five is the route you were on.  It was not the speed limit sign."  - Jim Croce (from Speedball Tucker)

"My life has been a tapestry
Of years of roads and highway signs" (with apologies to Carole King and Tom Rush)

Brandon

Chewing used wads of gum..oh, wait, someone did post that.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg

Roadgeekteen

God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

US71

Do virgins taste better than those who are not?
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

ColossalBlocks

Quote from: Roadgeekteen on September 13, 2017, 05:24:01 PM
Interstates in the portal to Alanland.

It's not a portal. It's a causeway that disappears if you go above or below 85 MPH.
I am inactive for a while now my dudes. Good associating with y'all.

US Highways: 36, 49, 61, 412.

Interstates: 22, 24, 44, 55, 57, 59, 72, 74 (West).

MNHighwayMan

Quote from: ColossalBlocks on September 13, 2017, 09:48:22 PM

It's not a portal. It's a causeway that disappears if you go above or below 85 MPH.

I thought it was 88 MPH.

freebrickproductions

Quote from: MNHighwayMan on September 13, 2017, 09:57:28 PM

I thought it was 88 MPH.
It's exactly 82 1/2.5768888y3888888888i8iiii8888 km/mi/h/s. :bigass:

SM-G900V
It's all fun & games until someone summons Cthulhu and brings about the end of the world.

I also collect traffic lights, road signs, fans, and railroad crossing equipment.

(They/Them)

hotdogPi

I thought it was 88 MPH.

85 brings you to Alanland, 88 brings you back in time, and both at the same time gives you real-life admin powers (e.g. teleportation to wherever you want, ability to kick/mute/ban people, unlimited creation of any object, etc.).
Clinched, minus I-93 (I'm missing a few miles and my file is incorrect)

Traveled, plus US 13, 44, and 50, and several state routes

I will be in Burlington VT for the eclipse.

Brandon

I thought it was 88 MPH.

Not π/√-1 mph?
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg

yakra

"Officer, I'm always careful to drive the speed limit no matter where I am and that's what I was doin'." Said "No, you weren't," she said, "Yes, I was." He said, "Madam, I just clocked you at 22 MPH," and she said "That's the speed limit," he said "No ma'am, that's the route numbah!"  - Gary Crocker

Max Rockatansky

Max stays at home and watches a modern sitcom

Takumi

Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

hotdogPi

Here's a first paragraph, instead of just a thread title:

Quote from: Your local newspaperA new bipartisan bill has been passed into law to try to reduce the number of "unfair" tickets. If a policeman writes you a ticket for speeding, and you are found not guilty, both the department the policeman is working for and the policeman himself must pay $200 each to the person found not guilty. If a red light camera or speed camera catches someone, and that person is not guilty, the department the red light camera is generating revenue for and the red light camera company must each pay $500 to the person found not guilty. This should significantly reduce tickets given by policemen and cameras, as they fear being wrong.
Clinched, minus I-93 (I'm missing a few miles and my file is incorrect)

Traveled, plus US 13, 44, and 50, and several state routes

I will be in Burlington VT for the eclipse.

ColossalBlocks

On September 14th, the Alanlandian Pi Houses of Parliament signed a bill into law that states that all Alanlandians must be named 'Alan'.

jeffandnicole

Quote from: 1 on September 25, 2017, 05:27:53 PM
Here's a first paragraph, instead of just a thread title:

Quote from: Your local newspaperA new bipartisan bill has been passed into law to try to reduce the number of "unfair" tickets. If a policeman writes you a ticket for speeding, and you are found not guilty, both the department the policeman is working for and the policeman himself must pay $200 each to the person found not guilty. If a red light camera or speed camera catches someone, and that person is not guilty, the department the red light camera is generating revenue for and the red light camera company must each pay $500 to the person found not guilty. This should significantly reduce tickets given by policemen and cameras, as they fear being wrong.

I would like to see this done for the many frivolous lawsuits out there as well!

CNGL-Leudimin

Supporter of the construction of several running gags, including I-366 with a speed limit of 85 mph (137 km/h) and the Hypotenuse.

Please note that I may mention "invalid" FM channels, i.e. ending in an even number or down to 87.5. These are valid in Europe.

kkt

Quote from: ColossalBlocks on September 26, 2017, 08:31:14 AM
On September 14th, the Alanlandian Pi Houses of Parliament signed a bill into law that states that all Alanlandians must be named 'Alan'.

The women may, and may not, be named Nala.

TheArkansasRoadgeek

"Does one who cleans vacuum cleaners become a vacuum cleaner?" :hmmm:
Well, that's just like your opinion man...

ColossalBlocks

Quote from: TheArkansasRoadgeek on October 03, 2017, 04:26:05 PM
"Does one who cleans vacuum cleaners become a vacuum cleaner?" :hmmm:

The one who does and does not clean vacuum cleaners does and does not become a vacuum cleaner.

Big John

If it is in a vacuum, do you need to clean it?

TheArkansasRoadgeek

Quote from: Big John on October 03, 2017, 10:12:48 PM
If it is in a vacuum, do you need to clean it?
For optimal proformance, I'd say, "Yes, you do."

thenetwork

Are the vacuums that really suck the vacuums that don't suck, or are vacuums that don't suck are the ones that really do???

Henry

"I-10 extended from Los Angeles to Honolulu; All H-series Interstates to be renamed"

H1: I-10
H2: I-110
H3: I-310
H201: I-210
Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

TheArkansasRoadgeek

Just thought I would add this!  :-D

Quote from: Alps on October 03, 2017, 08:27:26 AM
I don't see any other threads about dead horses.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.