News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

What road did you leave on and reenter your state when you left it?

Started by roadman65, October 18, 2019, 10:37:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AABattery

Just got back home from a trip to upstate NY so here we go!

VA/WV I-81
WV/MD I-81
MD/PA I-81
PA/NY US-15/I-99
NY/PA I-81
PA/MD I-81
MD/WV I-81
WV/VA I-81
- AABattery :)

Counties Visited

Traveled Routes

Avatar is my most recent clinched route

elsmere241

Last Saturday:

DE/MD US 40
MD/DE US 40
DE/NJ I-295/US 40
NJ/DE I-295/US 40
DE/MD US 40
MD/DE US 40

jmacswimmer

Last weekend going to Metlife Stadium:

MD/DE: MD/DE 279
DE/NJ: I-295/US 40

(and same in reverse)
"Now, what if da Bearss were to enter the Indianapolis 5-hunnert?"
"How would they compete?"
"Let's say they rode together in a big buss."
"Is Ditka driving?"
"Of course!"
"Then I like da Bear buss."
"DA BEARSSS BUSSSS"

Hot Rod Hootenanny

Crossed the Ohio River, out of Ohio, back on the 14th, via the Simon Kenton Bridge, into Kentucky.
Last night, I crossed the Ohio River, back into Ohio, via the Brent Spence Bridge.
Please, don't sue Alex & Andy over what I wrote above

Rothman

Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

Ted$8roadFan

hbelkins

From my recent trip to Utah with my brother:

KY/IN: I-64
IN/IL: I-64
IL/MO: I-70
MO/KS: I-35
KS/OK: KS/OK 23
OK/TX: OK/TX 23
TX/NM: I-40
NM/CO: US 491
CO/UT: US 491
UT/CO: I-70
CO/KS: I-70
KS/MO: I-70
MO/IL: I-64
IL/IN: I-64
IN/KY: I-265 (IN 265/KY 841 as currently signed)

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

fwydriver405

Took a recent trip to PA (to around outside of Philadelphia) over the weekend, so as follows:

ME/NH & NH/MA via I-95 / Maine Turnpike / Blue Star Turnpike
MA/NY via I-90 / Mass Pike / NY State Thruway (Berkshire Connector)
NY/NJ via I-287 / NY 17 / NJ 17
NJ/PA via I-78 and the Toll Bridge
PA/NJ via I-95 / Pennsylvania Turnpike / New Jersey Turnpike (Pearl Harbor Memorial Turnpike Ext)
NJ/NY via Palisades Interstate Parkway
NY/CT via Hutchinson River / Merritt Parkway / CT 15
CT/MA via I-84 / Wilbur Cross Parkway
MA/NH & NH/ME via I-95 / Blue Star Turnpike / Maine Turnpike

This is the second time I've driven into PA and like my 2018 trip... it was raining pretty hard this time around upon entering PA. It was raining for about 2/3s of the trip and most of the return trip thru NJ, NY and CT was raining pretty hard... probably should have taken I-95 thru CT instead of the Hutch, Merritt and Wilbur Cross Pkwys from 287 in the heavy rain and at night.

boilerup25

Here's my most recent one:

Returning for Spring Break:
IN/IL: I-80/I-94
PA/NJ: I-76

Trip in NJ and PA:
NJ/PA: NJ 413/PA 413
PA/NJ: I-95
NJ/PA: Trenton Makes Bridge
PA/NJ: I-295

Rothman

NY/PA: I-81
PA/NJ: I-80
NJ/NY: I-278
NY/NJ: I-95/GWB
NJ/NY: River Rd/S Maple Ave (Port Jervis, NY)
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

Ted$8roadFan

Buck87

This morning I left Ohio into Michigan on US 23.

This afternoon I went one integer higher and returned to Ohio from Michigan on US 24.

D-Dey65

On my previous Folkston Road Trip, I left along FL-GA 121 and came back along US 1-23-301.

Did I answer your question for the Folkston trip before that?

If not, I left along FL-GA 121 and came back along I-95.

davewiecking

Went to the Nats game last week via Mass. Ave/Westmoreland Circle. Came back on the Clara Barton Pkwy.

ilpt4u

I-70, the Stan Musial Veterans Memorial Bridge. It is the road to and from the airport

hbelkins

For yesterday's eclipse viewing trip, left and returned via the Markland Dam Bridge across the Ohio River (KY 1039/IN 101).

No traffic issues at all either coming or going, and we departed our viewing spot shortly after totality ended.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

fwydriver405

For my eclipse viewing trip yesterday:

MA/NH: US 3 / Everett Turnpike North
NH/VT: NH/VT 25 across the Connecticut River, detour from NH I-93 to avoid Notch traffic
VT/NH: I-89 south
NH/MA: I-93 south

Rothman

Quote from: fwydriver405 on April 09, 2024, 09:51:03 PMFor my eclipse viewing trip yesterday:

NH/VT: NH/VT 25 across the Connecticut River, detour from NH I-93 to avoid Notch traffic

That must have been...interesting, traffic-wise.

fwydriver405

Quote from: Rothman on April 09, 2024, 09:59:13 PM
Quote from: fwydriver405 on April 09, 2024, 09:51:03 PMFor my eclipse viewing trip yesterday:

That must have been...interesting, traffic-wise.

There were a lot of strange routings on the way up to St. Johnsbury area for me, starting and ending in Arlington, MA:

• US 3 thru MA and NH, asides from the lane drop in Nashua Exit 8, was free flowing compared to 93 from MA Exits 40-46 - there was a lot of volume between these points.
  • Waze suggested taking US 3 between Manchester and Concord, which took about an hour to get by. Most of the traffic was south of Suncook... once past there it was free flowing to 93 North at Exit 15E-W. Don't know how long it took if you were to say, take NH 3A to Concord instead. It did switch constantly between taking US 3 or NH 28 before the split in Suncook, but I opted to stay on US 3 to Concord.
  • The NH and VT 25 detour to VT I-91 was kind of a last second decision before arriving at Plymouth, it was mostly to avoid Notch traffic. I heard DOT/State Police were doing something like this at Exit 33 NB's or 35 SB's onramp, to help US 3 traffic merge before the Franconia Notch Parkway, which caused delays on 93 for quite some distance.
  • On the way back, in VT, I was switching between US 5 and I-91 a few times up till White River Junction, where I ended up on I-89 South, though I did hop on US 4 for a bit, and then got off 89 at Exit 2 to make my way to NH 3A to avoid Everett Turnpike traffic. Once south of Hooksett, it was all free flowing on 93 all the way to MA.

Rothman

NY/PA: I-81
PA/MD: US 15
MD/VA: I-495
VA/DC: WMATA Silver Line
DC/VA: WMATA Silver Line
VA/MD: I-495
MD/PA: I-70
PA/NY: I-99/US 15

Ted$8roadFan

DandyDan

On my recent trip to Albert Lea, MN, I left Iowa via US 65 and returned to Iowa via I-35.
MORE FUN THAN HUMANLY THOUGHT POSSIBLE

Hunty2022

From my DC Trip today:

VA/DC: I-395/US 1 NB
DC/MD: I-295 SB
MD/DC: I-95/495 SB
DC/VA: I-95/495 SB
100th Post: 11/10/22
250th Post: 12/3/22
500th Post: 3/12/23
1000th Post: 11/12/23

Hunty Roads (under construction):
https://huntyroadsva.blogspot.com

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.