News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

Millennium Highway video additions for November '09

Started by hbelkins, November 25, 2009, 11:49:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hbelkins

While this site was down for upgrades, I uploaded nine new videos to Millennium Highway.

Included are videos of I-275 in Ohio, Indiana and Kentucky; I-469 in Indiana, and the Mackinac Bridge in Michigan. I also have all of I-64 from Beckley, WV to Staunton, VA caught on video, which is a gorgeous drive through the mountains.

These are accessible at http://www.millenniumhwy.net/videos.html and require Apple QuickTime Player to view as they are in .mp4 format.

Apparently there are some server issues that are causing the .mp4 files to render as .html files instead of playing through the QuickTime plug in for the browser. I tested these using Safari for Mac when I uploaded them and they worked fine, but some have reported issues and I noticed this myself last night. So in the interim it may be necessary to download these videos to your local machine and view them with QuickTime. As of now i have no plans to upload them to YouTube because of that site's penchant for scrubbing the audio from videos.

I will be adding more videos from my October trip to the Northeast over the next several weeks. Watch the site for updates or I will post them here, on the Yahoo groups and MTR.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

hbelkins

Apparently the server problems described above have been resolved on the host side. I was able to view every video from within the browser on both Safari and Firefox for Mac night before last. I did find a bad link (the I-80 video from PA going into NJ) but I'll fix that soon enough.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.