Kurumi.com Connecticut Roads update

Started by kurumi, December 03, 2009, 12:27:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kurumi

Big structural update to the Connecticut Roads portion of the site (http://www.kurumi.com/roads/ct/).

Every signed route now has its own page (i.e. all numbers under 400) ... no more "Routes 195-199" pages. This makes maintenance and navigation easier. This should have been done from the start. Many links are changed, though the old pages provide links to the new ones.

Examples:

However, multiple instances of the same route number (e.g. a dozen US 1A's) still share a page.

I know this is disruptive, but doing it all at once is better than "death by 300 cuts" (and daily progress reports in MTR  ;-)). The links won't move again. (Doing a single page for each of 400+ "secret routes" does not make as much sense.)

Better readability: some CSS tweaks, including limiting the width of paragraphs to about 50 characters. A wall of text filling your 1280px browser width is difficult to read.

A few content updates: an early CT 17 that only lasted a year; the state wanted to do away with CT 21; more detail on old CT 53 routing; new pages for CT 31A, 49A, 95A, 114A and 190A. The single pages should be easier to update, so I can start working on the backlog.
My first SF/horror short story collection is available: "Young Man, Open Your Winter Eye"

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.