Wisconsin County Road A through Z (and other photos)

Started by wandering drive, December 08, 2009, 04:23:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wandering drive

After several months of dragging my heels, I finally finished what I intended to do and compiled all 26 of the single-letter Wisconsin county road shields into one image.  Admittedly, it's not that professional, or even pretty, but I hope to make some improvements after my holiday road trip.  Any constructive comments are definitely welcome!

Trivia: From my research in finding the quickest route to all 26 county roads, I found that oddly enough, L and R were the least common county roads in the state, which meant that I had to take a rather long detour north to Eau Claire county, where it seems like every road is designated a county road, sometimes two or even three times over!  

Anyhow, http://www.flickr.com/photos/wandering_drive/ is the main gallery.  Enjoy!

tchafe1978

Thanks for the pictures from Wisconsin. Seems to me this great state seems to get overlooked a lot on this site.

Brandon

Very nice.  Wisconsin seems (as tchafe said) to get overlooked a bit.  There's plenty of sign and signal weirdness behind the Cheddar Curtain. ;)
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton, "Game of Thrones"

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg, "Monty Python's Life of Brian"

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.