News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

New I-44 OK-66 interchange in Tulsa area (Catoosa)

Started by swake, January 09, 2023, 09:11:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bugo

Quote from: yakra on October 13, 2023, 10:01:44 AM
Quote from: bugo on February 22, 2023, 12:01:14 PM
Fuck that. Why do you think they should tear up the pavement? It isn't hurting anybody. It is an amazing relic, and I don't understand why somebody who claims to like roads would want this road removed. It would cost a lot of money and would provide no benefits to anybody. Buzzkill.
I was happy when old PA61 was finally dirted over. I might have felt differently if it hadn't been completely graffitied all to shite, but that road had long since jumped the shark.

I can't see how a road enthusiast wanting things to be more boring than they already are. It would be like a bridge enthusiast cheering on the demolition of a historic truss. As far as the Catoosa highway, it's not in bad shape and makes a good hiking trail. It's part of the past that has been (temporarily, at least) preserved in time. I hope they never remove it.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.