News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Illinois Tollway Notes

Started by I-39, March 21, 2016, 10:08:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BTW. The Illiana is still in the 2050 plan with the extension. The prairie parkway is gone.The crosstown in some form is there and so are lots of HOT lanes. I mention this because some still have IDOT on them most will be done by the Tollway if done.

ChiMilNet

Quote from: 3467 on September 26, 2018, 06:38:26 PM
BTW. The Illiana is still in the 2050 plan with the extension. The prairie parkway is gone.The crosstown in some form is there and so are lots of HOT lanes. I mention this because some still have IDOT on them most will be done by the Tollway if done.

If there would have thought to have connected the Illiana and Prairie Parkway, along with a North extension to at least I-90, it would have made a lot of sense actually. Again, IDOT not looking properly at the big picture. With the development in that area slowing down, they would have the time to designate ROW. I would have pushed for the tollway to build it so it's actually done right, but still. I'm getting into fictional territory here, so I'll stop at that.

My hope is that the Tollway handles the HOT lanes (and also is the lead agency on the rebuilding of the roadways with them, with IDOT just throwing in some money). Anyone have the link to the document? I am curious if the Kennedy is mentioned with HOT lanes.

abefroman329

I've only heard about potential HOT lanes on the Stevenson.

It's in CMAPs On to 2050. Prairie Parkway corridor protection was dropped I think this spring so sadly it's gone and that probably kills an outer belt. Attempts of an out belt go back to the 60s planning documents . It was moved out when there was no place left for the Foxway.

The US 20 project had a fund ing update on its site for 2014. Nothing. There was talk then of discussion with the Tollway. Anyone know anything about It?

There are 9 IDOT arterial widening plans in the 2050 so most of the hope for new construction us local or Tollway. There are add lane proposals on 55 57 80 and 290. Those are under IDOT in the plan but most likely will have to be done by the tollway.

The New York Times had a special map section on every building in America.  You can see very clearly what options for Tollways still exist.

Joe The Dragon

Quote from: 3467 on September 28, 2018, 03:54:03 PM
There are 9 IDOT arterial widening plans in the 2050 so most of the hope for new construction us local or Tollway. There are add lane proposals on 55 57 80 and 290. Those are under IDOT in the plan but most likely will have to be done by the tollway.
IDOT should strongly consider tolling the entire facility for I-290

ChiMilNet

I found this today. It looks like the tollway is serious about consideration of taking over the portion of I-80 through Joliet.

https://www.theherald-news.com/2018/10/15/tollway-willing-to-step-in-to-fund-i-80-upgrades-chairman-tells-joliet-city-council/ap2o0gc/

Great Lakes Roads

Quote from: ChiMilNet on October 16, 2018, 12:10:59 AM
I found this today. It looks like the tollway is serious about consideration of taking over the portion of I-80 through Joliet.

https://www.theherald-news.com/2018/10/15/tollway-willing-to-step-in-to-fund-i-80-upgrades-chairman-tells-joliet-city-council/ap2o0gc/

Well, if the Illinois Tollway can do it, then let them make I-80 into a 21st century road through Joliet!! IDOT does not have enough money to rebuild and widen through this congested area and this road is rough as hell...

machias

Quote from: Great Lakes Roads on October 16, 2018, 03:03:08 AM

Well, if the Illinois Tollway can do it, then let them make I-80 into a 21st century road through Joliet!! IDOT does not have enough money to rebuild and widen through this congested area and this road is rough as hell...

I would hope the Tollway Authority would make this a "smart road" like they did with I-90. On the other hand, do we really need another tollroad in NE Illinois?

abefroman329

Quote from: upstatenyroads on October 16, 2018, 01:19:38 PM

I would hope the Tollway Authority would make this a "smart road" like they did with I-90. On the other hand, do we really need another tollroad in NE Illinois?
The article seems to state that it would be a smart road.

ET21

A formal press release for a new interchange on I-294 with 88th Ave in Justice http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-biz-i-294-interchange-justice-tollway-20181016-story.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

This project would also improve the 88th Ave intersections with 79th Street and Archer Ave.
The local weatherman, trust me I can be 99.9% right!
"Show where you're going, without forgetting where you're from"

Clinched:
IL: I-88, I-180, I-190, I-290, I-294, I-355, IL-390
IN: I-80, I-94
SD: I-190
WI: I-90, I-94
MI: I-94, I-196
MN: I-90

ilpt4u

Did there possibly used to be a Northbound Tri-State to 88th Ave ramp at some historical point? The ROW is kinda there for a ramp

Brandon

Quote from: ilpt4u on October 16, 2018, 05:18:28 PM
Did there possibly used to be a Northbound Tri-State to 88th Ave ramp at some historical point? The ROW is kinda there for a ramp

Actually, it did.  There was an exit ramp there until the 1980s/early 1990s when it was removed.  ISTHA is going to put the exit ramp back.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg

ilpt4u

Quote from: Brandon on October 16, 2018, 05:52:07 PM

Actually, it did.  There was an exit ramp there until the 1980s/early 1990s when it was removed.  ISTHA is going to put the exit ramp back.
I would be interested to see if any other movements are added in that area, where presently only Southbound Entrances from LaGrange Rd and Archer Ave exist

Full access? Maybe. With AET, don't have to worry about placing booths now, with that interchange/area just North of the 82nd/83rd Sts Toll Booths

Anyone seen any designs for the new inteerchange ramps here? Or what the Reconstruction wil entail at this point of the Project?

edwaleni

As for the example driver to Tinley Park, probably shouldnt be using I-80 to get there from Joliet honestly.

I appreciate the local traffic issues faced with toll highways in general, but there are design options out there that havent been looked at.

Reverse Lexus Lanes are clearly doable. Where the ISTHA pays for and builds the 21st century toll highway and a free local access is built by IDOT next to it.

ISTHA pays for the heavy lifting, IDOT only covers their much smaller portion.

Brandon

From today's Tribune:

New Tollway interchange projects could be coming to Sugar Grove, Marengo

QuoteThe Tollway board is expected to vote Thursday on agreements to build projects on the Jane Addams Memorial Tollway (Interstate 90) in McHenry County and on the Reagan Memorial Tollway (Interstate 88) in Kane County. If approved, construction is expected to start next year, with completion by the end of 2019, according to Tollway officials.

One would be a full interchange at I-90 and IL-23.  The other is the completion of the interchange at I-88 and IL-47 for ramps to/from the east.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg

paulthemapguy

Quote from: Brandon on October 25, 2018, 11:38:25 AM
From today's Tribune:

New Tollway interchange projects could be coming to Sugar Grove, Marengo

QuoteThe Tollway board is expected to vote Thursday on agreements to build projects on the Jane Addams Memorial Tollway (Interstate 90) in McHenry County and on the Reagan Memorial Tollway (Interstate 88) in Kane County. If approved, construction is expected to start next year, with completion by the end of 2019, according to Tollway officials.

One would be a full interchange at I-90 and IL-23.  The other is the completion of the interchange at I-88 and IL-47 for ramps to/from the east.

I have been begging for over a decade for both of these projects to happen.  Yes, please fix these two gaping holes in the system.
Avatar is the last interesting highway I clinched.
My website! http://www.paulacrossamerica.com Now featuring all of Ohio!
My USA Shield Gallery https://flic.kr/s/aHsmHwJRZk
TM Clinches https://bit.ly/2UwRs4O

National collection status: 361/425. Only 64 route markers remain

Joe The Dragon

Quote from: ilpt4u on October 16, 2018, 06:30:34 PM
Quote from: Brandon on October 16, 2018, 05:52:07 PM

I would be interested to see if any other movements are added in that area, where presently only Southbound Entrances from LaGrange Rd and Archer Ave exist

Full access? Maybe. With AET, don't have to worry about placing booths now, with that interchange/area just North of the 82nd/83rd Sts Toll Booths

Anyone seen any designs for the new inteerchange ramps here? Or what the Reconstruction wil entail at this point of the Project?
LaGrange Rd / Archer Ave has full access with the I-55 ramps (needs better signage) no room at LaGrange Rd and Archer Ave

maybe add aux lanes I-55 / an flyover.

Joe The Dragon

roselle road / Central Rd ramp now open

ChiMilNet

Quote from: Joe The Dragon on November 01, 2018, 01:57:15 PM

I thought I saw the update recently on one of the Maps. How long has it been open?

Joe The Dragon

Quote from: ChiMilNet on November 01, 2018, 08:16:59 PM

I thought I saw the update recently on one of the Maps. How long has it been open?
I think it opened some time today.

Revive 755

Quote from: Joe The Dragon on November 01, 2018, 09:57:26 PM

Technically it's partially open - IIRC one of the two left turn lanes from Central onto the new ramps is still closed, and the new traffic signal not activated yet.

paulthemapguy

Quote from: Revive 755 on November 01, 2018, 10:18:36 PM
Quote from: Joe The Dragon on November 01, 2018, 09:57:26 PM

Technically it's partially open - IIRC one of the two left turn lanes from Central onto the new ramps is still closed, and the new traffic signal not activated yet.

I was wondering why only Roselle Road at I-90 was only 3/4 of an interchange, when I visited IDOT District 1 in the middle of October.  Good!  I'm glad this ramp is being added.
Avatar is the last interesting highway I clinched.
My website! http://www.paulacrossamerica.com Now featuring all of Ohio!
My USA Shield Gallery https://flic.kr/s/aHsmHwJRZk
TM Clinches https://bit.ly/2UwRs4O

National collection status: 361/425. Only 64 route markers remain

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.