News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

NFL (2024 Season)

Started by webny99, February 04, 2020, 02:35:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

webny99

Quote from: Alps on September 16, 2022, 12:11:27 AM
Quote from: Scott5114 on September 15, 2022, 10:21:00 PM
Quote from: kurumi on September 15, 2022, 01:13:17 PM
I somehow assumed fork(team) meant spawning a copy of it

Who do you have in the Jets vs. Jets game?
winnipeg

The only appropriate response. Well done!

thspfc

Cowboys defense comes up huge in holding Cincy to 17 points, including only one touchdown, with a massive 3-and-out stop late in the 4th. The best part? They didn't force a turnover. Why is that good? No turnover dependency, unlike last year. Through two games Dallas has held two of last year's best offenses to 19 and 17 points, forcing only one turnover between those two games. Holding to field goals on long drives has also been big.

The offense still has problems, but Noah Brown leading the team in receiving yards in each of the first two games is a good sign. Lamb is solid, but he's not going to be highly effective if the entire defense can focus on him.

Zeke is averaging over 4 yards a carry so far. He hasn't been explosive, and 2nd & 6 every series isn't going to cut it if the passing game continues to be inconsistent. Hopefully Pollard continues to bring that speed from the backfield like he did today.

Overall, I'm just happy that everyone is going to shut up for a week.

Speaking of shutting up, those Tua non-believers are doing a lot of that this afternoon. Best quarterback performance since at least the legendary Bills/Chiefs game. Though it can be noted that the Ravens secondary had two embarrassingly botched coverages on the long touchdowns to Hill. Miami's crazy victory overshadows what was Lamar's second or third best game ever, after 2019 vs. also the Dolphins and 2021 vs. the Colts.

Both Wentz and Goff were solid. McLaurin/Samuel/Dotson is going to be a legitimate 1-2-3 punch at WR for the Commanders. Amon-Ra St. Brown is the real deal.

:-D Baker Mayfield  :-D . . . don't freak out on the Giants. They're not good.

Not sure what was worse: the Browns late collapse or their midfield logo.

We saw the grit that we didn't think the Cardinals had in them. And turns out, overtime games are weird and largely come down to luck. Vegas was an insanely lucky 4-0 in overtime last year. Not happening this year.

webny99

Quote from: thspfc on September 18, 2022, 08:39:32 PM
Tua non-believers

Interestingly, the meaning of this phrase depends on where you put the dash. "Tua-non believers" would mean exactly the exactly the opposite of what you intended here.

That was an amazing 4th quarter by Tua.. not sure about the entire 60 minutes considering they did fall down 28-7 (that's not all on the defense) but it is certainly safe to say this offense could be something special and Tyreek Hill is going to be just fine without Mahomes. (And yes, that was some sweet revenge for Miami for the 59-10 embarrassment in Lamar's MVP season.)

webny99

Today was the day of crazy comebacks...

-Dolphins were down 28-7 and won, 42-38
-Jets were down 30-17 with 2 minutes left and won, 31-30
-Cardinals were shut out in the first half and down 20-0 and won, 29-23 in OT

And of course... the Falcons were down 28-3 and nearly ended the curse, but still lost, 31-27 in what was somehow the most bizarre ending of them all!

JayhawkCO

Russ looking great with the Broncos...

Alps

Quote from: webny99 on September 18, 2022, 10:00:21 PM
Today was the day of crazy comebacks...

-Dolphins were down 28-7 and won, 42-38
-Jets were down 30-17 with 2 minutes left and won, 31-30
-Cardinals were shut out in the first half and down 20-0 and won, 29-23 in OT

And of course... the Falcons were down 28-3 and nearly ended the curse, but still lost, 31-27 in what was somehow the most bizarre ending of them all!
Amazed the Jets would win something like that. "Giants, Jets, Mets, Yankees all win on same day for first time since 2009"

jgb191

Texans squander another opportunity to win against another talented team with a superstar QB....second week in a row we had a 4th Q lead and did not win.
We're so far south that we're not even considered "The South"

thspfc

DenverBrian

Quote from: JayhawkCO on September 18, 2022, 11:35:19 PM
He's got to have uninjured wide receivers to throw to. And a coach who knows the basics of the game.

JayhawkCO

Quote from: thspfc on September 19, 2022, 06:53:32 AM
It's week 2

Sure, but getting booed off your home field is an inauspicious start.

thspfc

Quote from: JayhawkCO on September 19, 2022, 10:30:57 AM
It's week 2

Still has a better record than the Raiders.

JayhawkCO

Quote from: thspfc on September 19, 2022, 10:55:15 AM
Quote from: JayhawkCO on September 19, 2022, 10:30:57 AM
It's week 2

Still has a better record than the Raiders.

Fortunately, I also very much dislike the Raiders.

Big John

CoreySamson

In other news, my fantasy team had both Stefon Diggs and Amon-Ra St. Brown, who accounted for nearly two-thirds of my team's points. Diggs in particular helped me erase a 20 point deficit and win. Undefeated so far. We'll see if that lasts in week 3.
Buc-ee's and QuikTrip fanboy. Clincher of FM roads. Proponent of the TX U-turn.

My Route Log
My Clinches

Now on mobrule and Travel Mapping!

JayhawkCO

Quote from: CoreySamson on September 19, 2022, 11:56:30 PM
In other news, my fantasy team had both Stefon Diggs and Amon-Ra St. Brown, who accounted for nearly two-thirds of my team's points. Diggs in particular helped me erase a 20 point deficit and win. Undefeated so far. We'll see if that lasts in week 3.

Typical for me, in my main league, I'm the highest scorer yet 0-2. Gotta love it.

webny99

After week 2, there's only six remaining undefeated teams, the AFC and NFC East are atop the league with 6-2 records, and the entire NFC North and NFC West have 1-1 records.

Even the predictably bad AFC South is shaping up to worse than anyone could have predicted, with the 1-win Jaguars all alone in first place and a combined division record of 1-5-2 and 0-4 if you take out the games against each other.

thspfc

Quote from: JayhawkCO on September 20, 2022, 10:58:15 AM

Typical for me, in my main league, I'm the highest scorer yet 0-2. Gotta love it.
I'm 1-1 with both matchups coming down to Monday night. Jerry Jeudy clutched it in week 1, Dalvin Cook sold it in week 2.

JayhawkCO

Quote from: thspfc on September 20, 2022, 05:04:04 PM
Quote from: JayhawkCO on September 20, 2022, 10:58:15 AM

I'm 1-1 with both matchups coming down to Monday night. Jerry Jeudy clutched it in week 1, Dalvin Cook sold it in week 2.

I was up 45 and went up against Diggs and Henry. Henry had a shit game but still got a TD. Yay.

thspfc

Browns 20, Steelers 14
Bills 29, Dolphins 16
Bengals 28, Jets 27
Raiders 25, Titans 17
Saints 20, Panthers 10
Patriots 22, Ravens 17
Lions 33, Vikings 30
Eagles 31, Commanders 13
Chiefs 30, Colts 20
Texans 19, Bears 16
Chargers 41, Jaguars 25
Rams 34, Cardinals 17
Buccaneers 27, Packers 13
Falcons 20, Seahawks 19
49ers 28, Broncos 21
Giants 23, Cowboys 16

JayhawkCO

Quote from: thspfc on September 21, 2022, 11:38:31 AM
Browns 20, Steelers 14
Bills 29, Dolphins 16
Bengals 28, Jets 27
Raiders 25, Titans 17
Saints 20, Panthers 10
Patriots 22, Ravens 17
Lions 33, Vikings 30
Eagles 31, Commanders 13
Chiefs 30, Colts 20
Texans 19, Bears 16
Chargers 41, Jaguars 25
Rams 34, Cardinals 17
Buccaneers 27, Packers 13
Falcons 20, Seahawks 19
49ers 28, Broncos 21
Giants 23, Cowboys 16

Give me the Steelers, Ravens, Vikings, otherwise I agree.

webny99

Raiders-Titans is a classic "cornered animal" game. Both teams have underwhelmed so far with 0-2 records and will be desperate for a win. 0-3 would be dangerously close to game over for the Raiders, while the Titans might still have a path to the playoffs in that terrible division. The Raiders are the more talented team, but I trust the Titans a little more. Should be a good one!

webny99

Quote from: JayhawkCO on September 21, 2022, 11:45:23 AM
Quote from: thspfc on September 21, 2022, 11:38:31 AM
Patriots 22, Ravens 17

Give me the Steelers, Ravens, Vikings, otherwise I agree.

The Ravens have shown they can put up points, and Lamar's greatness was overshadowed by a historic defensive collapse last week. So I'm with you that they should win, but I think it will be higher-scoring if the Pats pull of the upset.

thspfc

Beats me how Tampa got a delay of game on the penultimate 2-pt conversion in their home stadium with Tom Brady as their quarterback.

Brady did manage to feed Russell Gage, Tampa's #4 WR coming into the season, 12 receptions on 13 targets. The dude could probably make me look like a starting NFL WR. Green Bay's defense fell asleep on the last drive, and their offense has been asleep since the second quarter. I don't think much can be taken from that game for either side, other than that both defenses are really good, which we knew already.

Jacksonville is good. Best team in the league for sure over the last two weeks. Didn't expect it, but I support it. I've still got the Colts in that division though.

I don't know what they're doing on offense in Chicago, but it's not going to work. Fields has 23 completions in 3 games. He's on pace for less than 1700 yards if he starts every game this season. 8 successful passes and 40 runs might beat the 49ers in a monsoon and the bad Texans, but it's not going to get them anywhere over the course of the season.

Vegas is done. I'm not officially forking anyone until the end of the 15 points period, but it looks like they're going to be on the list.

JayhawkCO

Fork the Steelers and Raiders.

webny99

Quote from: thspfc on September 25, 2022, 07:51:19 PM
Green Bay's defense fell asleep on the last drive, and their offense has been asleep since the second quarter. I don't think much can be taken from that game for either side, other than that both defenses are really good, which we knew already.

My takeaway is that the Eagles are the best team in the NFC. I would have said so anyways, but the TB loss means they're alone atop the conference standings.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.