News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

NFL (2024 Season)

Started by webny99, February 04, 2020, 02:35:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NWI_Irish96

Raiders have signed QB Jimmy Garappolo.
Indiana: counties 100%, highways 100%
Illinois: counties 100%, highways 61%
Michigan: counties 100%, highways 56%
Wisconsin: counties 86%, highways 23%

webny99

And the Bears have signed former Bills linebacker Tremaine Edmunds.

Roadgeekteen

Mike White signs with the Dolphins
God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

epzik8

Sam Darnold to the 49ers, and a Panthers fan on Reddit called the 49ers "Panthers West".
From the land of red, white, yellow and black.

My clinched highways: http://tm.teresco.org/user/?u=epzik8
My clinched counties: http://mob-rule.com/user-gifs/USA/epzik8.gif

webny99

Quote from: epzik8 on March 13, 2023, 06:00:22 PM
Sam Darnold to the 49ers, and a Panthers fan on Reddit called the 49ers "Panthers West".

Besides Darnold and McCaffrey, there is another parallel: the 49ers also made a huge trade two years ago to get their QB of the future. Although the Panthers can only dream of being 49ers East  :-P

NWI_Irish96

Bears signed 2 LB, an OL and a DL yesterday. Plus they got a WR and a handful of picks from their trade with Carolina. Should be a markedly better team this year, in a very winnable division.

thspfc

Quote from: epzik8 on March 13, 2023, 06:00:22 PM
a Panthers fan on Reddit called the 49ers "Panthers West".
That's kind of insulting to the 49ers.

thspfc

The Cowboys are releasing Zeke. Similar to when they released Amari Cooper, I'm sad to see him go, but I 100% agree with the move. They'll be able to find somebody in the middle rounds of the draft to fill Zeke's role for much less money.

I remember thinking in 2016 through 2019 of Zeke being a future HOFer, playing for the Cowboys his entire career. Hard to believe he's no longer a Cowboy, but that's the reality of running backs nowadays.

Rodgers to the Jets is seemingly a done deal. When that happens, Dak will be the longest-tenured starting QB in the league. Nuts.

1995hoo

"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

epzik8

There is nothing like one of your division rivals shooting themselves in the foot in the Super Bowl and then selling off most of their defensive line, except for the player who lost that Super Bowl for them.
From the land of red, white, yellow and black.

My clinched highways: http://tm.teresco.org/user/?u=epzik8
My clinched counties: http://mob-rule.com/user-gifs/USA/epzik8.gif

JayhawkCO

Quote from: thspfc on March 15, 2023, 03:42:25 PM
Dak will be the longest-tenured starting QB in the league. Nuts.

Felt like looking up the top 5. Year they joined the team:
Dak Prescott - 2016
Patrick Mahomes - 2017
Kirk Cousins - 2018
Josh Allen - 2018
Lamar Jackson - 2018

webny99

Dak will be the longest-tenured starting QB in the league. Nuts.

Also comfortably a top-2 QB in the NFC.

Henry

Today's the start of a new league year, when all the signings, trades and releases become official.

Upon hearing that Aaron Rodgers is (likely) going to play for the Jets next season, I say good riddance.
Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

jgb191

Case Keenum returns to Houston as a backup QB, where he played college and debuted for the Texans.  I am hoping that the two most celebrated former Texans legends Andre Johnson and JJ Watt can join the Texans staff in any capacity (perhaps as team consultants or on coaching staff or management staff).

It seems like 95% of Texans fans (myself certainly included) have happily welcomed DeMeco Ryans back to Houston; DeMeco himself said he's glad to return to the city that drafted him.
We're so far south that we're not even considered "The South"

Ted$8roadFan

Rodgers to the Jets in 2023 is becoming as weird, if not more, than Favre to the Jets in 2008.

ethanhopkin14

The Cowboys are releasing Zeke. Similar to when they released Amari Cooper, I'm sad to see him go, but I 100% agree with the move. They'll be able to find somebody in the middle rounds of the draft to fill Zeke's role for much less money.

I remember thinking in 2016 through 2019 of Zeke being a future HOFer, playing for the Cowboys his entire career. Hard to believe he's no longer a Cowboy, but that's the reality of running backs nowadays.

The last play Zeke played for the Cowboys was at center and he got run completely over!   :-D

NWI_Irish96

Running back is the position with the largest supply in relation to demand. Unless you have an elite guy like Henry, Taylor or Barkley, it doesn't make sense to pay big money for a RB when you can get a guy almost as good a lot cheaper.

jmacswimmer

Quote from: Ted$8roadFan on March 16, 2023, 06:32:38 AM
Rodgers to the Jets in 2023 is becoming as weird, if not more, than Favre to the Jets in 2008.

I think all of the memes & parody tweets surrounding Rodgers' supposed "free agent wish list" has been my favorite thing about NFL news this week.

As an example:
https://twitter.com/skipfoster/status/1635701845304791044?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet
"Now, what if da Bearss were to enter the Indianapolis 5-hunnert?"
"How would they compete?"
"Let's say they rode together in a big buss."
"Is Ditka driving?"
"Of course!"
"Then I like da Bear buss."
"DA BEARSSS BUSSSS"

webny99

The Colts have released Matt Ryan just less than a year after trading for him last offseason. The one silver lining is that he will at least get paid $12M this season, but if this is the end of the road for his career, it is an almost impossibly brutal ending. What was supposed to be a perfect pairing between Ryan and the Colts turned into (one of?) the worst in-season train wrecks of all time. 

TheHighwayMan3561

Quote from: webny99 on March 16, 2023, 11:23:45 AM
The Colts have released Matt Ryan just less than a year after trading for him last offseason. The one silver lining is that he will at least get paid $12M this season, but if this is the end of the road for his career, it is an almost impossibly brutal ending. What was supposed to be a perfect pairing between Ryan and the Colts turned into (one of?) the worst in-season train wrecks of all time. 

I don't know of anyone who thought it was going to be great, but it was certainly much worse than most expected.
self-certified as the dumbest person on this board for 5 years running

JayhawkCO

I think if teams are eager to move on from "Franchise QBs" a la Carson Wentz, Russell Wilson, Matt Ryan, etc., then that should tell you something. Voluntarily getting rid of experience at the most important position in all of sports is only done if for a reason.

TheHighwayMan3561

Quote from: JayhawkCO on March 20, 2023, 01:43:25 PM
I think if teams are eager to move on from "Franchise QBs" a la Carson Wentz, Russell Wilson, Matt Ryan, etc., then that should tell you something. Voluntarily getting rid of experience at the most important position in all of sports is only done if for a reason.

I think a lot of us are blind to the fact that most of us know nothing about these players outside of game day and an occasional news article. The teams get to see their players almost every single day in a variety of settings and circumstances. They know far more about their players than anyone outside of the organization does.
self-certified as the dumbest person on this board for 5 years running

Roadgeekteen

Carson Wentz hasn't been even close to a Franchise QB for a few years now. Ryan is just old. Wilson I believe can still turn it around with Payton.
God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

Dellbeam

Quote from: Ted$8roadFan on March 16, 2023, 06:32:38 AM

Yeah, it feels strange that Green Bay is letting them take Aaron Rodgers. As if getting a 39-year-old QB that's probably past his prime would help them get into the playoffs.

JayhawkCO

Quote from: Roadgeekteen on March 20, 2023, 03:34:06 PM
Carson Wentz hasn't been even close to a Franchise QB for a few years now.

But Philly let him go when he still was.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.