Football (North America: NFL, CFL, Arena Football, minor leagues)

Started by Stephane Dumas, July 29, 2012, 11:20:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ET21

The local weatherman, trust me I can be 99.9% right!
"Show where you're going, without forgetting where you're from"

Clinched:
IL: I-88, I-180, I-190, I-290, I-294, I-355, IL-390
IN: I-80, I-94
SD: I-190
WI: I-90, I-94
MI: I-94, I-196
MN: I-90

kevinb1994

Quote from: ET21 on March 18, 2020, 02:56:25 PM
Nick Foles to the Bears for a 4th round pick
Yes this is big there in Chi-Town and here in JAX. Gonna have to see what next month holds! Minshew Magic is coming back I guess. Lol it really didn't help that last season sucked for the Jags, however. I can't say the same for Da Bears, of course ;)

kwellada

Wow.  I always assumed they'd go after Newton or maybe even Andy Dalton.  But then again, was Nagy a coach at Kansas City the year Foles was there?  If so, that kinda makes sense.

ilpt4u

Quote from: kwellada on March 18, 2020, 03:07:36 PM

Wow.  I always assumed they'd go after Newton or maybe even Andy Dalton.  But then again, was Nagy a coach at Kansas City the year Foles was there?  If so, that kinda makes sense.
Even if Nagy has not previously directly coached Foles (I'm pretty sure he has), he has been in Andy Reid's and Doug Pederson's systems in Philly and KC - Nagy knows those Offensive Systems and they are probably closely related to his, since he was a long time assistant under Coach Reid.

When Minshew Mania hit last fall, I thought Foles would be a good target for Da Bears

kevinb1994

Quote from: ilpt4u on March 18, 2020, 08:10:36 PM
Quote from: kwellada on March 18, 2020, 03:07:36 PM

Even if Nagy has not previously directly coached Foles (I'm pretty sure he has), he has been in Andy Reid's and Doug Pederson's systems in Philly and KC - Nagy knows those Offensive Systems and they are probably closely related to his, since he was a long time assistant under Coach Reid.

When Minshew Mania hit last fall, I thought Foles would be a good target for Da Bears
Man, all of this brings me back to the time when I was a relatively young kid and wanting to have the Pats fall to the Iggles in the Super Bowl that was hosted down here.

NWI_Irish96

Nick Foles and Peyton Manning are the only QBs to ever win on my birthday.
Indiana: counties 100%, highways 100%
Illinois: counties 100%, highways 61%
Michigan: counties 100%, highways 56%
Wisconsin: counties 86%, highways 23%

thspfc

The Buccaneers have one chance. They have the GOAT (albeit the aging GOAT) at quarterback. They have a loaded group of wide receivers. They have a sneaky good defense (ranked #1 against the run in 2019.) They have one perfect shot at a title. After this year, Brady could retire, and even if he doesn't the team is going to reshuffle anyways. I think they can get through the NFC, though the 49ers will be tough. It's the Super Bowl against the Chiefs or Ravens that will give them real issues if they make it that far.

Rothman

Quote from: thspfc on March 19, 2020, 08:29:37 AM
The Buccaneers have one chance. They have the GOAT (albeit the aging GOAT) at quarterback. They have a loaded group of wide receivers. They have a sneaky good defense (ranked #1 against the run in 2019.) They have one perfect shot at a title. After this year, Brady could retire, and even if he doesn't the team is going to reshuffle anyways. I think they can get through the NFC, though the 49ers will be tough. It's the Super Bowl against the Chiefs or Ravens that will give them real issues if they make it that far.
Montana the Chief...Brady the Buc...

Brady's vulnerabilities were laid bare last season.  We'll see what happens, but I'm not optimistic.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

nexus73

Quote from: Rothman on March 19, 2020, 04:34:04 PM

Brady's vulnerabilities were laid bare last season.  We'll see what happens, but I'm not optimistic.

When Joe Montana went to KC, he led them to a win over a fine Niners team.  The Chiefs also made the playoffs that season.  Not a bad way to go out!

Rick
US 101 is THE backbone of the Pacific coast from Bandon OR to Willits CA.  Industry, tourism and local traffic would be gone or severely crippled without it being in functioning condition in BOTH states.

Rothman

Quote from: nexus73 on March 19, 2020, 06:35:03 PM

When Joe Montana went to KC, he led them to a win over a fine Niners team.  The Chiefs also made the playoffs that season.  Not a bad way to go out!

Rick
Still a step down from his peak.  Brady should have retired.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: Rothman on March 19, 2020, 06:43:04 PM
Quote from: nexus73 on March 19, 2020, 06:35:03 PM

Rick
Still a step down from his peak.  Brady should have retired.

I concur, I don't anticipate wherever Brady lands that it will be even close to what was accomplished during the prime of his career.  It seems like most athletes, especially quarterbacks don't know when to call it quits.  Interestingly the Broncos had two Hall of Fame Quarterbacks retire after winning a Super Bowl.  In the case of Peyton Manning it was pretty clear he was way past his prime, John Elway not so much. 

LM117

“I don’t know whether to wind my ass or scratch my watch!” - Jim Cornette

webny99

We should note that next year's Super Bowl is in Tampa, if the Bucs can make it that far.

Looks pretty clear that Brady is going to be involved in the process of acquiring talent to surround himself with, probably much more so than he was in New England.

kwellada

All I can think of is that one Eagles team that had "superstars" and Vince Young called "The Dream Team"...which failed to make the playoffs.  The couple that with how bad Manning played in his final season (but lucked out with that vicious defense).  Brady wasn't that impressive in 2019...what if he does fall off a cliff this season? 

Or worse, the 2020 season never happens and he's clearly too old in 2021.

triplemultiplex

History tells me the Bucs will lose the NFC championship game with a future hall of fame QB late in his career on a different team from the one he is known for.

I'm sure Old Man Kraft gave him all the hot tips on where to get a rub n' tug down in Floridy.

"That's just like... your opinion, man."

NWI_Irish96

For $1 you can access every NFL game played since the 2009 season, until the end of July.  Good way to kill time while stuck at home.
Indiana: counties 100%, highways 100%
Illinois: counties 100%, highways 61%
Michigan: counties 100%, highways 56%
Wisconsin: counties 86%, highways 23%

Alps

Quote from: cabiness42 on March 21, 2020, 11:33:25 AM
For $1 you can access every NFL game played since the 2009 season, until the end of July.  Good way to kill time while stuck at home.
We already know how they'll end though

kurumi

Quote from: Alps on March 21, 2020, 02:54:10 PM

Dude you should check it out

My first SF/horror short story collection is available: "Young Man, Open Your Winter Eye"

kwellada

Quote from: Alps on March 21, 2020, 02:54:10 PM

If I was any good at video editing, I'd mess with fans and post "alternate reality" games.

jakeroot

webny99

Wow, even I could do that, and that's saying something, because I don't claim to be able to do a proper push-up, and I certainly don't claim to be an NFL quarterback.  :-D

jakeroot

Quote from: webny99 on March 23, 2020, 03:34:50 PM
Wow, even I could do that, and that's saying something, because I don't claim to be able to do a proper push-up, and I certainly don't claim to be an NFL quarterback.  :-D

It's embarrassing. It has to be a joke. HAS to be.

I did accept the challenge:

https://twitter.com/jakeroot/status/1242171786956926977

Max Rockatansky

So what's up with this push up challenge thing?  That's actually part of my four day rotation for strength training I'm doing in the garage with all the gyms shut down. 

jakeroot

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on March 23, 2020, 06:53:40 PM
So what's up with this push up challenge thing?  That's actually part of my four day rotation for strength training I'm doing in the garage with all the gyms shut down.

I guess it's something to keep people fit while staying inside. I still go out and walk a bunch every day anyways (on top of workouts at home -- mainly crunches), but this is a way to challenge people to not become total couch potatoes.

thspfc

Quote from: nexus73 on March 17, 2020, 06:33:53 PM
Mariota to the Raiders took place.  He is going to back up Carr.  If that is the case, I am sorry he did not go to Seattle, where he is a plug and play replacement for Wilson.  So long as Wilson stays upright, he can play and take the beating while letting the former Duck rest and recuperate.  The backup is only one play away from being the starter.  You need a very good one just like you need a very good insurance policy when you have something worth protecting.

Rick
That means that the Petermeme is going to get cut.  :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no:

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.