News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Hurricane Irene

Started by berberry, August 24, 2011, 12:57:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stormwatch7721

Everying is back is normal since Sunday. The wind and rain lasted all night Friday and Saturday morning. Irene left by late morning but the winds
continued(sp?) on until Saturday night.

Alex

Duke87

Okay, soooo.... question. I'm driving up to Montreal on Friday. I had been planning on doing a large portion of that up US 5, but now it looks like I need to amend my plan. I know it's fucked through Vermont, but how about in Massachusetts? Is it passable between the Mass Pike and Greenfield? How about up to Brattleboro?
For that matter, I-91 is still all intact, right?

Aaand about my planned route(s) home: is NY 22 impassable anywhere north of I-90? How about US 9 north of Albany?
If you always take the same road, you will never see anything new.

froggie

I-91 is fully reopened.  VTrans has partnered with Google for a "Vermont Flooding 2011" map, which suggests that US 5 has also been reopened.

vdeane

US 9 should be fine for most of the way north of Albany; Irene didn't really manage to get past the Adirondacks.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

Duke87

Thanks for the advice, guys.

Report from the field:
US 5 is 100% intact, at least up to I-91 exit 9.
The NY 22/US 9 bridge in Keeseville is closed but I don't think that's storm related.
NY 9N/22 was closed through Port Henry but apparently that was for some Labor Day event.

We got our power back Friday morning after I left.
If you always take the same road, you will never see anything new.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.