News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

Reducing the national speed limit to 55 to conserve gas

Started by papaT10932, May 02, 2011, 10:25:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vdeane

Silverlight has actually been around for a while now - NBC used it for the olympics.  While it is (was?) technically superior to flash, it wasn't superior in a way 99% of people would notice, and Flash was/is pretty entrenched, so naturally it went nowhere.  But this is Microsoft, so even though it went nowhere, it will be supported until the end of time.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

mightyace

^^^

Well, maybe not the end of time, but still much longer than it would go on otherwise.
My Flickr Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mightyace

I'm out of this F***KING PLACE!

Scott5114

Yeah, when everyone and their dog has it and it's available for three major operating systems, while hardly anyone knows of Silverlight (and it is only available on one OS), it seems pretty irresponsible to go for Silverlight over Flash, unless there is just something in Silverlight that you need that you SIMPLY CANNOT DO in flash. Which I doubt there is.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

jwolfer

Quote from: papaT10932 on May 02, 2011, 10:25:23 PM
Reducing the national speed limit to 55 to conserve gas- are you for it or against it? :hmmm:

As others have said.  A big money maker to help states and local governments balance budgets

mightyace

^^^

As much as I currently dislike tolls, I'd rather have them than increased revenue driven speed limit enforcement.
My Flickr Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mightyace

I'm out of this F***KING PLACE!

Crazy Volvo Guy

Quote from: mightyace on May 27, 2011, 02:22:26 AM
^^^

As much as I currently dislike tolls, I'd rather have them than increased revenue driven speed limit enforcement.

Or GPS-based tax-by-mile.  Noooooooooo thanks, I'll more than happily take the tolls.
I hate Clearview, because it looks like a cheap Chinese ripoff.

I'm for the Red Sox and whoever's playing against the Yankees.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.