News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Conn Sign update

Started by ctsignguy, May 24, 2011, 05:50:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cu2010

Quote from: realjd on May 30, 2011, 01:42:23 AM
wytout, can you post a picture of your concept? I'm just curious for comparison's sake.

Look at his avatar...
This is cu2010, reminding you, help control the ugly sign population, don't have your shields spayed or neutered.

froggie

MnDOT standard is a 10in numeral for a 24in height shield.  The only instance where they appear to deviate from this is with the independent pentagon-style county route marker, where they go with an 8in numeral.  All other county route markers (independent squares and both types on guide signs) use 10in numerals.

wytout

just a sampling of some mockups I did quick using 2 different designs i had.

I however, am a proponent of CTsignguy's design and would back that design as the proposal go with for ConnDOT.
-Chris

WillWeaverRVA

The blue bar design is reminiscent of South Carolina's signs. Not a bad thing. :P
Will Weaver
WillWeaverRVA Photography | Twitter

"But how will the oxen know where to drown if we renumber the Oregon Trail?" - NE2

wytout

Quote from: WillWeaverRVA on May 30, 2011, 10:49:45 AM
The blue bar design is reminiscent of South Carolina's signs. Not a bad thing. :P

I wholeheartedly agree, It wasn't necessarily intended to be, but it kinda happened, lol
-Chris

Quillz

I like the blue bar design much better.

Scott5114

I rather prefer the black Conn outline over the blue bar design. It's not much better than what's there, in my opinion.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

Ian

I like both John's and wytout's design. Wytout's has a nice bit of color while John's has a nice state outline going on. Just get that current boring square out of the way!
UMaine graduate, former PennDOT employee, new SoCal resident.
Youtube l Flickr

hobsini2

What i would like to see is the state outline version with the outside background and the numbers in a lighter Navy Blue to match UConn.
I knew it. I'm surrounded by assholes. Keep firing, assholes! - Dark Helmet (Spaceballs)

Quillz

I'd actually really like to see someone attempt a cutout shield. Would probably never get approved, though.

ctsignguy

Well, I had these prototypes drawn up before using blue as a base color

Blue as primary color

and under flash

And a different take on the theme

and under flash

But Jeff felt that blue wouldnt fly over the long run....so we had a black and white shield made up
http://s166.photobucket.com/albums/u102/ctsignguy/<br /><br />Maintaining an interest in Fine Highway Signs since 1958....

Quillz

What if instead of black on white, you reversed the colors and white on black, similar to the Idaho standalone shields?

hobsini2

I really like the blue with both of them. 
I knew it. I'm surrounded by assholes. Keep firing, assholes! - Dark Helmet (Spaceballs)

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.