News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Whats wrong with this picture?

Started by Bigmikelakers, May 30, 2011, 05:18:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigmikelakers

Quillz

A better question is, "What's right with the sign?"

pianocello

They spelled "Interstate" and "California" right...
Davenport, IA -> Valparaiso, IN -> Ames, IA -> Orlando, FL -> Gainesville, FL -> Evansville, IN

The Premier

Quote from: pianocello on May 30, 2011, 05:27:46 PM

Yet the U.S. Highway sign is green. :pan:
Alex P. Dent

mightyace

^^^

Actually, it is supposed to be a California STATE route, which should be green, but be a miner's spade.
My Flickr Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mightyace

I'm out of this F***KING PLACE!

Bigmikelakers

Quote from: mightyace on May 31, 2011, 03:08:54 AM
^^^

Actually, it is supposed to be a California STATE route, which should be green, but be a miner's spade.

Yup, thats what was wrong with the picture lol

Quillz

It reminds me of local business maps, which often time just pick a generic road shield and use it to show their location. I used to see local car businesses on TV and they'd always have the Interstate shield in place for every numbered highway. So, they'd seemingly be located at the junctions of Interstates 101, 134 and 170.

national highway 1

The '405' is using Helvetica and is squished into a 2di shield, while the '91' uses the vintage US Highway font.
"Set up road signs; put up guideposts. Take note of the highway, the road that you take." Jeremiah 31:21

Scott5114

Not quite. That's Eurostar, not the BPR Series font.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

roadman65

You know that's a good one as I was looking at it, but never really noticed it!  US 91 was dead here for decades, and even though I knew it my mind did not let me see it,
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

agentsteel53

that's not even the old US-91 routing.  it's CA-18 which went to Artesia.  US-91 went to Long Beach.
live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

hm insulators

Quote from: pianocello on May 30, 2011, 05:27:46 PM

They even managed to spell "Artesia Blvd." right--"A" for effort! :clap: :spin:
Remember: If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

I'd rather be a child of the road than a son of a ditch.

At what age do you tell a highway that it's been adopted?

Icodec

First of all, the fonts are all wrong, the centering on the US shield is off, the shield is green. I could go on, but for time's sake I won't. It just doesn't make sense.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.